Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed

In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed:
    [QUOTE]Down by 19 at the half and the C's are not known as a 2nd half team (definately not a 4th quarter team).  This will be the 10th game of the season.  I hope everyone has a flak jacket and a helmet because it looks like this season is going to be an ugly one.  At what point to we declare the 3 yr plan to be officially over?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

The 3 yr. plan was over when they lost game 7 to LA in the final quarter after having it in hand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG has ZERO points.  It is hard to argue that this guy is not done.  Pierce (okay we're using "out of shape") looks terrible.  Four free throws in the entire first half?

These guys CAN'T be done, can they?  Rondo was yelling at Ray and Pierce on the out-of-bounds.  This is a mess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : Its not a matter of having no heart. They have no legs.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. They are still getting into playing shape but I am not saying that things will improve. Here are the facts, Boston does not have an interior presence, defensively or offensively. Rondo is the Celtics best player in the paint. The only way Boston can score is in transition which by the way, Rondo is the only one running down the court. The Celtics are too slow to run and lack depth in the front court to play half-court offense. They have that gaping hole in the middle on defense (thanks Danny) and their rotations are slow. Even in '08 Boston was not good at getting offensive rebounds or blocking out for defense rebounds. Boston needs to be blown out to shock Rivers to using his younger players. That would be Boston's only hope at having a decent season. It's funny in a way, Danny Ainge so feared what happened to the Celtics in the late 80's and early 90's that he made bonehead after bonehead move to try and prevent it from happening again that he actually ended up re-creating the situation that he most feared.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : I could not agree more. Hence my post about him being like Francona. Too much loyalty. Get in their faces. Walk off to the locker room. Do something to wake them up. NO Celtic Pride in this team to this point in the season. But honestly, do you really think they can win another championship. No. Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE] Darn, if only the professionals understood that. If the coach just yells at Garnett and Pierce and JON and Ray, they will get faster, jump higher, and shoot better! That's it, the coach who yells at his team the most wins the most. Wow, are you serious? I know we're all frustrated, but let's be logical. This team has to play better D and rebound better. Not sure, however, that these old geezers have it anymore. It's not about yelling, it's not about heart nor motivation. It's about skills, speed, athleticism, and rebounding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce looks like a punk. Falling backwards, can't even pull a rebound from a guard like Rose when Pierce has the ball. Weak! Hard to watch, isn't it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce looks like a punk. Falling backwards, can't even pull a rebound from a guard like Rose when Pierce has the ball. Weak! Hard to watch, isn't it?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I saw that.  Weak sauce!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Pierce badly beaten defensively and offensively...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Brewer and Deng are feasting on Pierce both end of the floor...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce badly beaten defensively and offensively...
    Posted by bangkoker[/QUOTE]

The CELTICS are being badly beaten defensively and offensively...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Lou Deng just waltzing to the basket.  No one rotating or laying his asterick out!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": Darn, if only the professionals understood that. If the coach just yells at Garnett and Pierce and JON and Ray, they will get faster, jump higher, and shoot better! That's it, the coach who yells at his team the most wins the most. Wow, are you serious? I know we're all frustrated, but let's be logical. This team has to play better D and rebound better. Not sure, however, that these old geezers have it anymore. It's not about yelling, it's not about heart nor motivation. It's about skills, speed, athleticism, and rebounding.

Who said the coach who yeslls the most wins the most???  and to your point about rebounding?? thats not always about speed athleticism its about knowing where your man is and putting a body on them ... look at Kevin Love.. he is not someone who can jump but he blocks out and gets great position and thats about EFFORT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont see why doc wont put stiemsma in, not like its going to negatively effect the outcome of this one

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Where is Steimsma? Boston has a gaping hole in the middle and for some reason Doc isn't using their best shot blocker?! Is he injured?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Father Time, bad trades, and Rondo not working on improving his game in the offseason is the burden the Celtics will have to carry this year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We should have a thread about who's playing the worst. I know KG looks bad and Ray plays horrible defense, but Paul and JON look the worst. Considering what we expect of JON vs what we expect of Pierce -Paul is the one who has fallen off the most. Everybody is feasting on Paul on both ends.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

just pathetic, 3 celtics near the hoop and one bull and the one bull gets the rebound......W T F

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]We should have a thread about who's playing the worst. I know KG looks bad and Ray plays horrible defense, but Paul and JON look the worst. Considering what we expect of JON vs what we expect of Pierce -Paul is the one who has fallen off the most. Everybody is feasting on Paul on both ends.

agree on pierce and JON, but JON is to be expected, im surprised py PP's poor play...he cant create his own shot and when he tries it is getting blocked alot

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Pierce beaten on both end of the floor defensively and offensively by Brewer and Deng both in double figures... Celtics beaten in rebounding 2 celtics against 1 bull...story of the game same every time celtics lost REBOUNDING....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Father Time, bad trades, and Rondo not working on improving his game in the offseason is the burden the Celtics will have to carry this year
    It's Rondo who is carrying this team!!!!  Even if he  averaged 20 a game we would still be in the same situation.  A bunch old geezers and a gazelle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": Darn, if only the professionals understood that. If the coach just yells at Garnett and Pierce and JON and Ray, they will get faster, jump higher, and shoot better! That's it, the coach who yells at his team the most wins the most. Wow, are you serious? I know we're all frustrated, but let's be logical. This team has to play better D and rebound better. Not sure, however, that these old geezers have it anymore. It's not about yelling, it's not about heart nor motivation. It's about skills, speed, athleticism, and rebounding.

I am talking about Doc. I already know there is no heart, fatiqued bodies, lack of motivation with this team currently. I had only said those words for the past 2-3 weeks.

That is not what I meant.  Doc needs to get in their grills. He spends more time yelling at officials when he should be getting angry with his team's lack of play. Doc getting in their face may motivate them. Yeah, I am serious. This team is quickly becoming a joke. At least lose by trying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Father Time, bad trades, and Rondo not working on improving his game in the offseason is the burden the Celtics will have to carry this year

You got to be kidding? If not for Rondo this team would be losing by 40 ....he is one of the few on the Cs with any sort of energy ....father time yeah...bad drafts YEAH but not Rondo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : You got to be kidding? If not for Rondo this team would be losing by 40 ....he is one of the few on the Cs with any sort of energy ....father time yeah...bad drafts YEAH but not Rondo
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    You are right. Rondo is carrying this team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : Who said the coach who yeslls the most wins the most???  and to your point about rebounding?? thats not always about speed athleticism its about knowing where your man is and putting a body on them ... look at Kevin Love.. he is not someone who can jump but he blocks out and gets great position and thats about EFFORT.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

True that CASOX. Effort. I remember I could not outjump players but I knew how to box them out. Look at Larry Bird, he was not a leaper, but he could box out with the best of them and come down with the board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Where is Steimsma? Boston has a gaping hole in the middle and for some reason Doc isn't using their best shot blocker?! Is he injured?
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

It is because DOC is the new Francona.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : True that CASOX. Effort. I remember I could not outjump players but I knew how to box them out. Look at Larry Bird, he was not a leaper, but he could box out with the best of them and come down with the board.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Exactly....