...But whenever Jeff Green leads the Celtics in scoring they LOSE !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

...But whenever Jeff Green leads the Celtics in scoring they LOSE !

Has anyone else noticed this ? Whenever Jeff Green scores 20 in the first half, the Celtics lose and Green doesn'r score in the 4th.....

Just saying.....

I'm thrilled Jeff Green has turned out to be such a great player for the Celtics. He was a great pickup and his contract is one of the best in the NBA (nice job Danny). He is the comeback player of the year and I look forward to seeing him play with Rondo next season.

BUT....

Whenever he leads the team in scoring or puts up 20 in the 1st half, the Celtics lose.

Your thoughts ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: ...But whenever Jeff Green leads the Celtics in scoring they LOSE !

Very similar to R9R and his triple doubles.

Pud

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

That's because if JG is leading the team in scoring, that means the #1 guy, Pierce, is not scoring a lot of points. 

JG is only a 2nd option at best.

The Celts can have a future with Rondo and JG as the supporting cast. But the Celts need to find that #1 option that will replace Paul Pierce as the face of the Boston Celtics.

Not sure that I agree.  Why don't you think that Green can replace Pierce in the future?  Who would you suggest instead of him?  I would like to see him start next season instead of Pierce. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I would like to see Paul Pierce react to a huge Jeff Green 1st half as a challenge. Competition and rivalry breeds excellence. I think Brandon would have had a much worse season if he didn't have Sully at the door doing everything to earn his minutes.

I also believe that this phenominon is not due to Jeff (or Rondo with his triple doubles). It is the fault of the other players. They see dominance from their teamate, and reside to defer to them for the rest of the game. I just want to shake them and be like, if you see Jeff, Paul or whoever step up and control a game, that doesn't mean you sit and watch. That should inspire you to step it up as well, to find another area of the game at hand where you can provide your own impact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

R9R,

+1