Bynum to Bulls for Deng and 2014 Draft Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Bynum to Bulls for Deng and 2014 Draft Pick

Cavaliers Acquire Luol Deng For Bynum, Picks January 6 at 11:52pm CST By Luke Adams

The Cavaliers and Bulls have reached an agreement on a trade that will send Luol Deng to Cleveland in exchange for Andrew Bynum and draft picks, reports Shams Charania of RealGM (via Twitter). ESPN.com’s Brian Windhorst confirms that the Cavs have agreed to acquire Deng (Twitter link), while team owner Dan Gilbert also tweeted confirmation of the deal, welcoming Deng to Cleveland.

According to Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (Twitter link), the Bulls will receive a first-round pick and a pair of second-rounders from the Cavs in the swap, in addition to Bynum. The first-rounder will be the Kings’ 2014 pick, which is top-12 protected. The details of the two second-round picks aren’t yet known, but Cleveland held four additional second-rounders in addition to their own picks over the next three years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Bynum to Bulls for Deng and 2014 Draft Pick

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]Cavaliers Acquire Luol Deng For Bynum, Picks January 6 at 11:52pm CST By Luke Adams

The Cavaliers and Bulls have reached an agreement on a trade that will send Luol Deng to Cleveland in exchange for Andrew Bynum and draft picks, reports Shams Charania of RealGM (via Twitter). ESPN.com’s Brian Windhorst confirms that the Cavs have agreed to acquire Deng (Twitter link), while team owner Dan Gilbert also tweeted confirmation of the deal, welcoming Deng to Cleveland.

According to Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (Twitter link), the Bulls will receive a first-round pick and a pair of second-rounders from the Cavs in the swap, in addition to Bynum. The first-rounder will be the Kings’ 2014 pick, which is top-12 protected. The details of the two second-round picks aren’t yet known, but Cleveland held four additional second-rounders in addition to their own picks over the next three years.

[/QUOTE]

OK, you have more details than waht I posted.  I thought that the 1st. rounder was a future pick.  That was what ESPN has reported.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]Cavaliers Acquire Luol Deng For Bynum, Picks January 6 at 11:52pm CST By Luke Adams

OK, you have more details than waht I posted.  I thought that the 1st. rounder was a future pick.  That was what ESPN has reported.

[/QUOTE]

I think we both posted at the same time ... Sorry

I wonder if the Bulls will still be able to waive Bynum by midnite tonight or if they intend to keep him for the remainder of the season. Originally the Cavs wanted this done by the 5th cuz they expected it would take 48 hours for the paperwork to get done. They only have 24 hours now ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good. At least the fat freek will not be able to go to Miami!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 and not in la 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I could not see cleveland going for the Lakers deal, just  a matter of deciding on the better deal...Deng makes  sense and the Slackers get screwed again...double wowza!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could not see cleveland going for the Lakers deal, just  a matter of deciding on the better deal...Deng makes  sense and the Slackers get screwed again...double wowza!!!

[/QUOTE]

Deng s/b a nice fit for the Cavs ... that takes Green out of the three team trade scenario for Asik too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Deng s/b a nice fit for the Cavs ... that takes Green out of the three team trade scenario for Asik too.

[/QUOTE]

thats fine with me... i wont trade green just to get asik.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a good day in LA. Also, with the way the Creepers have treated Gasol, I would doubt his brother would even consider LA when he becomes a Free Agent. As a matter a fact, maybe he would like to go their most hated rival....like the C's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hahahaha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is going to be waived and will be a free agent.  He may very well end up in Miami.  Chicago and Cleveland are not very far.  Hopefully, the weather will not interfere and as long as Deng passes his physical, Chicago will probably just waive their requirement for the physical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Not a good day in LA. Also, with the way the Creepers have treated Gasol, I would doubt his brother would even consider LA when he becomes a Free Agent. As a matter a fact, maybe he would like to go their most hated rival....like the C's!

i hope they could get brook lopez by giving up gasol and 3 1st rd picks including the upcoming draft. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is going to be waived and will be a free agent.  He may very well end up in Miami.  Chicago and Cleveland are not very far.  Hopefully, the weather will not interfere and as long as Deng passes his physical, Chicago will probably just waive their requirement for the physical.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the weather will interfere and by the time Deng passes his physical it's too late for Chicago to waive him until after this season. They still save $2MM and get all those picks as well anyways. That way he can't find his way to Miami.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the weather will interfere and by the time Deng passes his physical it's too late for Chicago to waive him until after this season. They still save $2MM and get all those picks as well anyways. That way he can't find his way to Miami.

[/QUOTE]

thats a good idea brotha! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

i hope Miami gets Bynum

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hope Miami gets Bynum

[/QUOTE]

You think he'll be a disruptive force there and upset their chemistry?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i hope Miami gets Bynum

[/QUOTE]

You think he'll be a disruptive force there and upset their chemistry?

[/QUOTE]

What?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

i hope Miami gets Bynum

[/QUOTE]

WHAT?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

some additional news from hoopsrumors.com ....

The Bulls will also have the right to swap first-rounders with the Cavs in 2015, but only if Cleveland’s pick doesn’t fall in the lottery, tweets Lloyd.

While the Cavs will surrender a handful of draft picks in the deal, the move fills a giant need for the team, with Deng assuming a starting small forward role that has changed hands several times since LeBron James left for Miami in 2010. The Cavs also found a taker for Bynum, who had fallen out of favor in Cleveland, and was being shopped to the Lakers and Jazz, among other teams. So for now, Pau Gasol and Richard Jefferson will remain in L.A. and Utah, respectively, though both veterans are on expiring deals and could be involved in more trade rumors before February 20th’s deadline.

As for the Bulls, several recent reports had indicated that the team was reluctant to move Deng, still believing that he could be re-signed next summer. However, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link), the 28-year-old turned down a three-year, $30MM extension offer from Chicago last week, which was a prelude to this trade. The deal gives the Bulls the opportunity to dip below the tax this season and to add future assets, as well as greatly increasing the odds that the club will land a prime spot in the 2014 draft lottery.

Assuming the Bulls officially waive Bynum on Tuesday, as ESPN Chicago’s Nick Friedell confirms they will (Twitter link), the team will shed $8.275MM in payroll by paying Bynum’s $6MM guarantee rather than Deng’s $14.275MM salary. According to ShamSports’ salary figures for Chicago, that would reduce team payroll to about $71.01MM, giving the club a little breathing room below the $71.748MM luxury tax line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

and some more ...

For the Bulls, coach Tom Thibodeau likely won’t be a huge fan of the move, since he was considered Deng’s biggest fan. A December report also indicated that Derrick Rose wasn’t eager to go through a rebuilding process in Chicago, so it’ll be interesting to see how aggressively the team retools during the offseason, perhaps amnestying Carlos Boozer and bringing Nikola Mirotic stateside.

Meanwhile, Chicago now technically holds the rights to three 2014 first-rounders: Their own pick, the Bobcats’ pick, and the Kings’ pick. However, the latter two are heavily protected. Charlotte’s first-round pick is top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015, and unprotected in 2016. Sacramento’s first-rounder is top-10 protected in 2015, 2016, and 2017, after being top-12 protected this season. If the pick doesn’t change hands by 2017, Chicago would receive the Kings’ 2017 second-rounder instead.

If and when the Bulls waive Bynum, he’ll likely go unclaimed on waivers, meaning he’ll be eligible to sign with any team besides the Cavs as soon as this week. The Clippers and Heat are believed to be among his preferred destinations.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

This certainly makes the Cavs a much better team with Sideshow Bob at center and Deng at small foward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This certainly makes the Cavs a much better team with Sideshow Bob at center and Deng at small foward.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a couple of vets now for leadership ... and the Bulls clean up with picks though most of the 1st rounders in 2014 are lottery protected but the can package them for a move up. Will they too become a rebuilding team?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Deng is an UFA ... think about what the Cavs gave up for him w/o getting any extension. The Bulls failed to get a 3 yr - $30MM extension done last week so now the Cavs have to try to get a deal done or face losing him to free agency or matching a bigger offer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

The Cavs blinked!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Deng is an UFA ... think about what the Cavs gave up for him w/o getting any extension. The Bulls failed to get a 3 yr - $30MM extension done last week so now the Cavs have to try to get a deal done or face losing him to free agency or matching a bigger offer.

i think cavs will let him walk.