Calling all Laker fans where are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you?

"What fun would it be without intense Celtics/Lakers debates."  

Au contraire.  It would be much more fun to discuss the Celtics, past, present, and future, without the annoying distraction of these interlopers who only post to get a rise out of Celtics fans.  There used to be A+ additions here who had decades of insight to offer and were respectful of the opinions of others.  But, the puerile, vitupertous quislings, AKA Laker "fans", drove them away. Yes, there has been fun without petty contention (except for maybe a couple of Celtics followers who only post to and about each other) and without any inclusion of any Lakers' drivel.  Discussing the Celtics is just that, and I for one don't need to gauge this team by any comparison to one of the Los Angeles teams (the Clips will probably be LA's more relevant team in the near future anyway) except during the finals when it's obvious that there is another team on the floor, and lately it's been the Lakers.  But to go on and on ad nauseum in response to some of the dumbest statements imaginable is a waste of time and energy.  There is a vast difference between "incite" and "insight" and I prefer the latter.  Discussing the Boston Celtics is the point of this board, and responding to and rebutting foolishness and bile should be beneath the dignity of those of us who appreciate this great franchise.  Just ignore them and they'll go away - how many of them will keep on posting if no one replies, ever?  One click to ignore and "bye-bye".  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Jerry West on the Dan Patrick Show just commented...."Frankly, no one wants any of the players the Lakers can trade".....the contracts are going to kill this team, especially with the new CBA.......West also said that "the Lakers are old and not very athletic"......they are soft and have no bench....and Kobe is no longer the closer....his shooting percentage is terrible and he has no legs.....plus he is a selfish and aging star....and now it appears (according to the LA media) that Pau and Kobe aren't talking due to Vanessa Bryant.....it was noted that Karl Malone said she interfered with his personal life back in the day....gotta love it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you?:
    [QUOTE]Hi Boston fans. I will agree that some of the Laker players embarrassed themselves today. And Laker haters can gloat and celebrate. I appreciate what the Lakers have done the past couple of years. And I realize that all good things come to an end. So I'll be watching the battles as teams continue to move forward. The Lakers are going to have to make some difficult decisions in the months and years ahead. They'll have to reign in Kobe Bryant, try and acquire a decent point guard, be looking out for a small forward. When the team did not resign Ariza, I was in a funk, hoping that they would have rid themselves of Walton & Odom. I also felt that Fisher was simply too old. And congratulations on not getting swept by Miami. I hope every playoff team watched how the Lakers embarrassed themselves to learn a lesson of what not to do when you lose.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Good job very classy. Most of the venom around here is the trolls who are as arogant as it gets nothing personal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, Dallas looks nearly unbeatable right now.  If that team fires on all cylinders like it did with LA, they're going to be really tough to stop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]For what it's worth, Dallas looks nearly unbeatable right now.  If that team fires on all cylinders like it did with LA, they're going to be really tough to stop.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

They didn't look unbeatable against Portland.  It's just one series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Calling all Laker fans where are you? : I don't know where the other are, but I've been enjoying 3 very relaxing days with my wife, daughter, son-in-law and my wife's parents in my daughters new home. Out dining, (excellent Mexican restaurant...with MARGARITA'S!!), dancing and enjoying the family. No doubt, some of you thought I was out getting drunk cause of the Lakers losses. I'm sorry to disappoint. The Lakers lost and it's time to move on. College football training camps will open in a few months (FIGHT ON TROJANS!!) and I can't wait. (I gave up on MLB after their last strike and the ongoing BS with steroids.) Anyway, I'm pretty sure that your C's will be joining the Lakers on the sidelines, but if they SOMEHOW make it to the finals, I'll be one of the first to offer my congratulations. But it looks like injuries and "the trade" will continue to derail the Celtics once promising season. Mitch Kupchak is already evaluating the Lakers roster and will be pulling the trigger on possible trades or free agent signings. I've got a lot more faith in him that most of you do in DA.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    Q Daddy it's cool that you got back but you are in total denial that this doesn't bother you. Come on! You should be bashing your team for the way they played. Come on let it out. It's not good to bottle it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : You've edited your post, so I'll address what you've written. Dude. There is a lot of anger in that post and I'm not sure where its coming from. "Drop dead" is pretty hard core. I have said it before and I'll say it again - I have NEVER "agreed" with ANYONE on this board that I would not respond to their posts - that idea would never even occur to me. Why would it? Aside from personal attacks, I have no issues with anyone's posts.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I have chosen this particular avenue because Hedley's remarks keep getting deleted.  IF Flobus has no issues with anyone's posts, he will not respond to this...if he does respond, well then you'll all know what I've known for two years - that he has a BIG problem with my posts, and responds solely to me any chance he gets!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : Kobe, Gasol, Shannon Brown... Don't think the Lakers wouldn't trade Kobe or Gasol. There's one thing the Lakers aren't afraid of and that's making a trade that will turn them around quickly. If Kobe were offered to Boston, Danny Ainge would be all over that. Of course, you guys don't have equitable players to make that trade.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Remember when Jeter was not immediately gobbled up by the Yankees and there was talk the Red Sox would love him & quickly thereafter he was resigned. I do not believe the Lakers would ever let Kobe go to the Celtics.  As a spetuagenarian I like older guys still able to compete in sports and I believe, irrespective how far the Celtics continue in the playoffs, the Big 3 have another year in them perhaps all playing 1/2 minutes. And you know, although Kobe is a DIVA, Garnett & group would not let him have his way as he has done with LA if he did come to Boston. With Rondo healthy next year, Jeff Green & Delonte West now more experienced working with this team, we need get rid of BBD & somehow get a young powerful center. Don't know if we can get Howard, maybe need to offer Rondo with BBD and some $ & draft picks.

BUT NOW ONTO CONTINUING OUR QUEST AS WE ARE STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE AND WINNING TONIGHT WITH SOME MOMENTUM, THE HEAT WILL BE APPREHENSIVE GOING FORWARD, HOME OR NOT.

Go Green......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Jerry West on the Dan Patrick Show just commented...."Frankly, no one wants any of the players the Lakers can trade".....the contracts are going to kill this team, especially with the new CBA.......West also said that "the Lakers are old and not very athletic"......they are soft and have no bench....and Kobe is no longer the closer....his shooting percentage is terrible and he has no legs.....plus he is a selfish and aging star....and now it appears (according to the LA media) that Pau and Kobe aren't talking due to Vanessa Bryant.....it was noted that Karl Malone said she interfered with his personal life back in the day....gotta love it!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Very interesting comments by West.   If we even have a season next year, the new CBA will effect every team.  I do agree with him about Kobe being selfish.  He is many times not a team player and only thinking of his own stats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If the c's lose, I really don't blame the perkins trade.  JO gives us the same thing as perk did.  I'm watching the thunder, and perk isn't exactcly killing them over there in memphis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Qdaddy, Kupchak will have trouble like he did last year with adding personnel.  Laker additions like Barnes and Blake were very poor.  Salary cap issues are overwhelming for this team.  You also have the problem with the Laker demise this year dropping value in Bynum your best chip.  You will find a way to get rid of him but the result likely want add to better team performance Kobe is old and beaten up.  What team is going to want an overpaid superstar who cannot play in team concept?  Look at the teams doing well in the NBA this year where does Kobe fit in.  A diva like him offers little. You are frankly stuck with him. Enjoy the success you had and move on to another. Maybe next year you will be a Clipper fan.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Concord, the difference between the C's management and the Lakers is that they have an owner who will spend on the team if he deems it necessary. AND we have one of the most creative GM's in Mitch Kupchak.

The C's have neither. Danny Ainge isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to GM's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : you said it. how embarrassing. own up to how bad today was and maybe you gain some credibility back. instead we get this: "lakers lost. bummer. anyhow, just sippin' on my mai-tai listening to jimmy buffet. life is so sweet right now."  -Qdaddy anybody that responds to this clown from here on out needs to get their head examined.
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]

Atomic, unlike you and many of the other C's posters, I don't "live and die" by my sports teams. I enjoy sports and all the LA area teams, but I realize that there's a lot more in life than sports. That's why a lot of the remarks on this board, including yours, don't faze me.

Now you, on the other hand, are probably going to "go atomic" right after your team is eliminated...and that's coming soon.

Like I said the other day, your Celtics are just about to join the Lakers on the sidelines. Time to get ready for college football and the Trojans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE](I posted this on another thread) I really have to question the heart of the Lakers over the past 4 years.  You can tell a lot about a team when they are faced with adversity. When the Lakers were winning their back-to-back titles, they were arrogant and full of themselves.  Everything was great! However, the last two times the Lakers were eliminated in the playoffs, they lost by 39 against the Celtics and then by 36 yesterday.  They have to go down as the worst "quitting dogs" of all time when faced with adversity.  They show no heart when times get tough. Everything is wonderful when they're winning but when faced with the least bit of adversity, they quit.  They resort to dirty play and cheap shots.  From Artest to Odom to Bynum they really showed a different side from the back-to-back champions of the past two seasons.  They really did. It's disappointing because although I did not like the Lakers, I respected them.  I've lost some of that respect by their horrendous play (I thought they quit) but more so for their on-court cheap shots. They can't break this bunch up.  They have nothing to offer anyone.  They signed players to "untradeable" contracts and those who's contracts are decent are not good enough that anyone would want.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I can say the same about the Celtics...classic UNDERACHIEVERS!

All that talent and you guys got ONE ring. You guys were talking like they were going to win 3 or more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : Q Daddy it's cool that you got back but you are in total denial that this doesn't bother you. Come on! You should be bashing your team for the way they played. Come on let it out. It's not good to bottle it up.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I don't need to do any bashing. You guys do that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a&plckUserId=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a">
    First: 1/15/2010
    Last: 5/9/2011
    In Response to Calling all Laker fans where are you?:
    Just like their team of quitters the Lakers trolls can't face the music?  Even Rico who plays such a bad Celtics fan can't sum it up to appear.  I hope they never come back but expect they will return. Wounded, defeated, and without any merit.  They deserve what happened to their team.
    Posted by concord27

I don't know where the other are, but I've been enjoying 3 very relaxing days with my wife, daughter, son-in-law and my wife's parents in my daughters new home. Out dining, (excellent Mexican restaurant...with MARGARITA'S!!), dancing and enjoying the family.

No doubt, some of you thought I was out getting drunk cause of the Lakers losses. I'm sorry to disappoint. The Lakers lost and it's time to move on. College football training camps will open in a few months (FIGHT ON TROJANS!!) and I can't wait. (I gave up on MLB after their last strike and the ongoing BS with steroids.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that your C's will be joining the Lakers on the sidelines, but if they SOMEHOW make it to the finals, I'll be one of the first to offer my congratulations. But it looks like injuries and "the trade" will continue to derail the Celtics once promising season. Mitch Kupchak is already evaluating the Lakers roster and will be pulling the trigger on possible trades or free agent signings. I've got a lot more faith in him that most of you do in DA.

Well, it doesn't look like that's gonna be happening this year. The Heat will most like "stick a fork" in your C's the next game in Miami. I don't see the C's winning 3 in a row, two being in Miami.

I hope none of you go doing anything drastic or have suicidal tendencies (I'm looking at YOU SYBIL). It's ONLY a game. And don't blame me for not making "something good happen". (Actually, something good DID happen!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Q... I knew that you would be here......the difference in our teams...we knew we were on our last legs....Laker fans believed their team was still the class of the league...I listened to all the talk shows today.....Magic and Jerry West both stated that the Lakers were in a world of hurt...the team is too old and not athletic enough to compete with the young teams...in addition....West, on the Dan Patrick show, said that the Lakers were in trouble for a few reasons:

They are way over the salary cap, which will decrease big time with the new CBA....putting it simply....the Lakers cannot sign free agents

Also, as far as trades.....West was quoted as saying....wait for it (and you can google it or go to Youtube)......no teams are interested in players that the Lakers could offer in a trade....think of it:

Kobe....winding down with miles on his legs and a "me first attitude"

Artest..a nut case with a huge contract

Fisher, Blake, and Barnes.....worthless

Pau....huge contract and a horrible showing

Bynum......a good trade chip....but another huge contract with injury issues and character issues as well (likely looking at a minimum 10 game suspension)

Odom....maybe....but he has his issues as well (as in Mr Lamar Kardashian)

Face it....Dr Buss and Mitch may very well want to make deals....but with your players' issues and the salary cap....do you really think Mitch is in a position to re-tool...?  ....you may....but from what I am hearing......nobody in the media agrees....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : The Lakers are over the cap until 2014.  http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm Lakers can't rebuild with that kind of payroll.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

The salary cap may be even lower next year.  They may not even be a season next year and until it is settled, no one really knows what will happen.   It may be even more difficult for teams to sign additional players because of the new salary cap. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers are toast until koME retires!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Q... I knew that you would be here......the difference in our teams...we knew we were on our last legs....Laker fans believed their team was still the class of the league...I listened to all the talk shows today.....Magic and Jerry West both stated that the Lakers were in a world of hurt...the team is too old and not athletic enough to compete with the young teams...in addition....West, on the Dan Patrick show, said that the Lakers were in trouble for a few reasons: They are way over the salary cap, which will decrease big time with the new CBA....putting it simply....the Lakers cannot sign free agents Also, as far as trades.....West was quoted as saying....wait for it (and you can google it or go to Youtube)......no teams are interested in players that the Lakers could offer in a trade....think of it: Kobe....winding down with miles on his legs and a "me first attitude" Artest..a nut case with a huge contract Fisher, Blake, and Barnes.....worthless Pau....huge contract and a horrible showing Bynum......a good trade chip....but another huge contract with injury issues and character issues as well (likely looking at a minimum 10 game suspension) Odom....maybe....but he has his issues as well (as in Mr Lamar Kardashian) Face it....Dr Buss and Mitch may very well want to make deals....but with your players' issues and the salary cap....do you really think Mitch is in a position to re-tool...?  ....you may....but from what I am hearing......nobody in the media agrees....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Duke, you're entitled to your opinion, just like all the talking heads. I remember everyone sounding the "death knell" a few years ago after Bynum went down with his knee injury. What happened...the Lakers played in the Finals. Jerry West always seemed to "pull a rabbit out of a hat" when he needed to. Mitch Kupchak is always evaluating the team's needs and looks at the landscape to find potential trade partners.

There's always teams who think they're a player or two away that will be willing to take one of the Lakers players and overpay. Let's be honest...there's a lot more GM's out there with Danny Ainge's business acumen than there are Jerry West's or Mitch Kupchak's. I'm not saying the Lakers will be back to the Finals next year, but I certainly believe they'll put together a plan to get the Lakers back to championship level before the C's will. Look at each team's history the past 20 years or so. The C's were irrelevant during much of that time with ONE NBA title after the '86 season. The Lakers won 8 NBA titles from '85 forward. That says a lot about the ownership and GM. Even YOU can't argue that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

In Response to Calling all Laker fans where are you?:
    [QUOTE]Just like their team of quitters the Lakers trolls can't face the music?  Even Rico who plays such a bad Celtics fan can't sum it up to appear.  I hope they never come back but expect they will return. Wounded, defeated, and without any merit.  They deserve what happened to their team.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Right here chump. And proud to be a Laker fan. 3 straight trips to the nba finals and back to back champs. More then you chumps can say. You are one hit wonders. Enjoy your 1 championship. The Lakers will get #17 before the Celtics get to #18.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]And we are not???? With all the OLD players we got, we have to wait till they all retire. With the bad decisions our organization has made over the years and comparing what Dr. Buss and Mick Kupchak have done I think Lakers have a better chance at being a contending team faster. If we thought we were old this year let's wait until next then we will really see old. Lakers have huge trade value in Gasol, Bynum and Odom 6th man of the year. If what I heard in the news today a Bynum and Odom for Dwight Howard and the 2 genius Dr. Buss and Kupchak they will be great sooner than later...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Rico, you're making the same points that I've been on this forum. I can see why these guys (and gals) don't believe me cause they think I'm looking through my "purple and gold" glasses, but you hit the nail on the head. The simple fact that the Lakers were able to come within one NBA title of equaling the Celtics (yeah, the Minneapolis titles count, according to ALL the sports media) during the past 25 years should tell you about the way the Lakers are run. Dr. Buss, Jerry West, and now Mitch Kupchak, have continually made the trades or free-agent pickups that have made the Lakers the most successful franchise during that time.

I know it's tough for many of you to accept, but Rico is just calling it how he sees it. The Lakers are a much better run organization and it shows. They've had TWO owners for most of their time in L.A. Your guys have been owned by about 20 different entities. (That's a guess, but I know it's A LOT!!) Stability has been the Lakers hallmark, unlike the Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Hey Rico, you always seem to know the latest on the lakers..why is that???