Re: Can Ainge do anything to fix the wait?
posted at 5/8/2013 11:04 AM EDT
In response to Eldunker's comment:
To turn the team around relatively quickly, I would do the following:
1. Trade Pierce for either a low draft choice or emerging young talent. In my scenario we trade Pierce for a PG like Bledsoe so we can...
2. Trade Rondo for a quality young big man (someone like Cousins). We will not get a starting quality center in the draft. Period. Rondo is our only asset that will enable us to get a starting C and I would rather have a starting center and Bledsoe (or similiar talent) than Rondo without a center.
3. Draft the best SG with the 16th pick. We should end up with the 2nd or 3rd best in the country and an immediate starter. Centers, PGs and SF will be the main focus of earlier picks.
4. Land the best PF FA that we can afford. Josh smith?
5. Try to jettison any combo of Crawford, Bass, Terry, Wilcox, Melo and Lee, in that order for better backup SF, backup SG/PG and backup center.
Next year rebuilding but competitive. The year after, strengthen bench.
New Starting 5:
C - Cousins / Garnett PF - Josh Smith / Sully SF - Green SG - Bradley / draft pick scorer (McCollum?) PG - Bledsoe
[/QUOTE D,ont forget.Doc does not like rookies or bigs.