Can both these statements be true?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Can both these statements be true?

In Response to Re: Can both these statements be true?:
    [QUOTE]None of the big 3 came close to a championship on their own in their prime.  Terrel Brandon( i think) was a good scoring guard who played a lot of years in Miinesota. Ray Allen had Sam Cassell ( a scoring a pg) who did not help Ray win a ring. Pierce has had every pg imaginable play with him and none have had the same chemistry. I think guys only remember how far they can see...which means you are now all of a sudden judging Rondo's whole career based on the last few weeks where the whole team has been in a funk at times, as said by Doc that they(meaning  the whole team) are not playing defense right now.  This is why we are losing, and I dont care that we cant score, cuz this team has always prided itself on getting stops and running.  Everyone on the team has been caught with their pants down on some no-names poster getting dunked on in the last few weeks...so the REAL statement should be "If the C's dont get their act together defensively, we are in Big trouble"  This is how we win Titles.  Not by asking Rondo to score 25 a night... Its funny how people think Arroyo is the second coming of Mark Price...he clanged to wide open baseline bunnies back to back in one series and they werent even close...So Please Stop with the "Arroyo and West" will lead us to the promise land"  talk I think the other problem is, like me, the C's probably cant wait for the playoffs to start and are antsy and looking ahead to aveneg their game 7 lost...they dont care about these games as much as Doc.....you know why? cuz Doc does not play...he just leaves players in too long..    the players more than likely know that if they dont rest and they keep going all out to keep pace they wont have anything left.  K.G. needs a fill up...he looks like he is running on fumes..Only Pierce looks fresh!  and he had a bad game last night too...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Tanking games is fine if it gets another banner before the window closes.  It is funny how fans want them to win every single game and with injuries to several key guys and the team willingly tanking games the same fans knowing this still get their panties in a twist when they lose games to bad teams.

They lost a game to NJ last year at around the same time and people started grabbing their buckets to help bail and then a couple of months later blamed the refs and Perk's injury for not hoisting number 18.  Of course the 800 pound gorilla in the room which nobody on this board seems to be able to comprehend and accept is that Doc said Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt them.

It is almost like the government - ignore the real problems and try to place blame on something else - the Lakers length was really difficult to deal with blah blah blah.....  really?  If Rondo made a jumper here or there or could make more than a quarter of his free throws they would have hoisted number 18 last June.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

One more thing...

The negativity in this town S UCKS!  ok,  a bunch of fairweather fans it looks like right now....I guess Bibby was right.

We should just forfeit our playoff berth and let the Nets go in with Deron Williams since he is a REAL pg.

I seem to remember a lot of panic around this time last year and people saying we might win more than one series, and we had already lost home court by this time last year and had injurie concerns as well, and this team buckled up and got to game 7 of the NBA Finals!  We will be fine!  Im gonna relax and wait for the real bullets to fly.  You guys can cry about this team not playing well with a bunch of spare parts. I wont.  I could care less about a # 1 seed unless its the #1 throughout the whole league cuz our goal is not to beat the Bulls in the 2nd round!  Also, if we cant beat the Bulls on the road then we dont deserve to win a Title, plain and simple!

Stay Tuned Folks...The Fun has yet to Begin...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]One more thing... The negativity in this town S UCKS!  ok,  a bunch of fairweather fans it looks like right now....I guess Bibby was right. We should just forfeit our playoff berth and let the Nets go in with Deron Williams since he is a REAL pg. I seem to remember a lot of panic around this time last year and people saying we might win more than one series, and we had already lost home court by this time last year and had injurie concerns as well, and this team buckled up and got to game 7 of the NBA Finals!  We will be fine!  Im gonna relax and wait for the real bullets to fly.  You guys can cry about this team not playing well with a bunch of spare parts. I wont.  I could care less about a # 1 seed unless its the #1 throughout the whole league cuz our goal is not to beat the Bulls in the 2nd round!  Also, if we cant beat the Bulls on the road then we dont deserve to win a Title, plain and simple! Stay Tuned Folks...The Fun has yet to Begin...

The key is Shaq, if he is not healthy I don't give them much of a chance to come out of the east.  But with a healthy Shaq and a second unit that includes Krstic, West, Green, Baby they should be in very good shape.

Just like last year - they played 500 ball for the final two thirds of the season and played in the last game of the finals.  So if they lose the next 5 in a row I would not waiver on my expectations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Rondo is experiencing what psychologists refer to as separatiion anxiety. He misses his best friend and buddy Perk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Glad you are gonna stick around and watch this play out.

I think Shaq is back(duh) he is 7'3", but I wouldnt say if he does not return we are toast.  I think if both O'neals cant go, we are Threw!

Atleast with Shaq out and JON in, we could get some blocks, some rebounds and maybe a little post game.

Also in regards to last year game 7. How can ignore that we got killed on the boards?  That was a big factor of lenght with Baby trying to board at 6'6" with the likes of 2 seven footers and K.G. had no lift

The 4th quarter was abysmal.  Ray couldnt hit a shot in the 4th.  Paul looked like he just walked out of a steam bath, and the starters got all of a minute rest while guys like Nate played around a quarter and no longer due to lack of trust.  So all that happened and all you can talk about is Rondo missing or not taking a jumper?  Yeah, you def. got a personal with R.R.  , He was just part of many problems that occured that game, mainly the rebounding and the starters not being able to get a breather.... They ran outta gas, and Yes maybe if Rondo was a scoring guard he would have stepped up and scored 30 in the 4th, but he didnt. He may have been gassed too, as he had a lot to do with them getting that far, as he dominated mostly every series until Kobe guarded him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Glad you are gonna stick around and watch this play out. I think Shaq is back(duh) he is 7'3", but I wouldnt say if he does not return we are toast.  I think if both O'neals cant go, we are Threw! Atleast with Shaq out and JON in, we could get some blocks, some rebounds and maybe a little post game. Also in regards to last year game 7. How can ignore that we got killed on the boards?  That was a big factor of lenght with Baby trying to board at 6'6" with the likes of 2 seven footers and K.G. had no lift The 4th quarter was abysmal.  Ray couldnt hit a shot in the 4th.  Paul looked like he just walked out of a steam bath, and the starters got all of a minute rest while guys like Nate played around a quarter and no longer due to lack of trust.  So all that happened and all you can talk about is Rondo missing or not taking a jumper?  Yeah, you def. got a personal with R.R.  , He was just part of many problems that occured that game, mainly the rebounding and the starters not being able to get a breather.... They ran outta gas, and Yes maybe if Rondo was a scoring guard he would have stepped up and scored 30 in the 4th, but he didnt. He may have been gassed too, as he had a lot to do with them getting that far, as he dominated mostly every series until Kobe guarded him

Re. Rondo dominating series, etc.  Rose is a vastly superior player now in year three than he was two years ago against Rondo when he actually outscored Rondo....

Anyway, I have been watching for 40 years so there is no talk about abandoning at any stage.  Objectivity is key though.

I will share one brief story with you that bring the Jermaine O'Neal issue to a personal level for me.

In 1989 I was playing in a league in Boston, we had a game at Christopher Columbus High in the North End.  We had a 3 on 1 break, I was on the right wing, the guy in the middle had the ball, the guy with the ball looked my way but passed the ball to his left, the defender came at me when he saw the guy with the ball look my way.  I was running about as fast as I could at the time and stepped on the defender's ankle.  My knee went backward like a dog leg, my femur came down on my tibia like a hammer on a nail, I had 9 separate breaks in my tibia and my femur shaved the cartilage off the top of my tibia.  I thought no big deal and tried to play the second half but could not even walk.  My teammate / colleague carried me to his car on Prince St. and drove me back to the financial district where my car was parked.  The next morning I went to the doctor and he said how have you been getting around since you hurt it and I said walking.  He said what do you mean walking, you can't walk on this knee it is broken in 9 places blah blah blah.... I said interesting... I am not a f n doctor so how would know that?

Anyway, what I am getting at is Jermaine's knees are a lot lot lot lot lot worse than mine.  He is completely bone on bone and if there is anyone thinking he is going to contribute anything they are on better drugs than I have access to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wow! sorry to hear that.  I hate gruesome injuries....I ruptured my Patella tendon in 06'.  I was trying to go up and block a shot, and heard my knee pop.  I stayed down in pain and everyone approached me saying "c'mon, walk it off"  and attempted to lift me, but I told them, NO, this is serious, I cant walk.  Just like you I was carried to a car, did not drive, went home and took a perk.  I dragged myself around the house for a day until I thought , let me get this checked out.  I had to get surgery to repair the tendon and bring my kneecap back from where it went(in my thigh) and the rehab and recovery was a year and a half.  I was in bed for 3 months.  All the while I was praying, "just let me walk, I wont ever try to play ball again, just wanna walk"

2 years later I was feeling a lil better and attempted a comeback and was able to play but I wasnt myself.  I didnt feel comfortable jumping around in the paint and was hesistant.  Most of my athleticism was gone due to me being scared to leap.  Sooo, I adjusted my game(I was always a scorer, but not a shooter) to the point of when I played last summer, Cats at the court were calling me Eddie House the way I was raining down long distance 3's left and right....Even I was amazed some games on how good my shot looked.  Let me tell you, you dont have to shoot 1,000 jumpers a day to be good, you have to have confidence and believe the shot will go in.  I kept a tally with my buddy in competition and by summers end , I shot over 50% from 3 pt range, and had always been a streaky shooter.  So not only did I come back, I came back with a stronger game.  Your story is unique but not the Final say.  I will give JON a chance to come back and redeem himself

I was 33 when I made my comeback.  I have played ball regularly since age 8 and competitively since 11.  So I know JON can do it...Have some Hope!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I'm sorry to hear about both your injuries!  I cringed several times just reading each of your stories - probably because I had some injuries myself in my playing days and can relate.

I think one thing JON has going for him is that sports medicine has come a long, long way since 1989 and maybe even since 2006.  I tore my MCL in '92 and was out of action for a good 3 months, WITH physical therapy.  Now I see pro athletes come back much sooner or in some cases miss no time at all.  Of all the injured Celtics, JON is by far the biggest long shot.  But he has access to the best care and rehab that money can buy.  So my faith is still there until I know for a fact otherwise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol..shaq is the key..LOL. 

hey, what, or who was the reason why we made it all the way to the finals? who was the mvp of our team last year during the playoffs? jw..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]lol..shaq is the key..LOL.  hey, what, or who was the reason why we made it all the way to the finals? who was the mvp of our team last year during the playoffs? jw..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Shaq is the key to Bynum's knees.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Can both these statements be true?:
    [QUOTE]1.) Rondo is a Bum (paraphrasing the combined critizism over last few weeks) 2.)  If Rondo does not get it together, this team is going Nowhere. I dont know, maybe its just me, but I find it amusing that all these people can call for Rondo's head and ask for other pg's to come here, and even suggest he be replaced with the likes of Arroyo and West.  One who was dumped by a team desperate for help, and the other who was dumped for being a crazy mother Effer! and cant stay healthy more than a week.  Doesnt are star pg deserve more than that.  Than to be cast aside for 3rd tier players because of a  current slump that has also hampered every other player at some point this year? Which is it?  Does he S uck?  or is he the key to our success?  You cant have ti both ways...Dont say he s ucks and you want to trade him, but after losses you say if Rondo doesnt play better  we are in trouble.?!  If he is that bad, shouldnt we win despite him?  If He does not make the big 3 better then why is the whole team struggling while Rondo is in a rut?  Was anyone overly impressed with arroyo last night?  Me personally, Im growing a bit tired of Arroyo already...he is a good guy to let Rondo rest, but we wouldnt do squat with this guy starting...He shoots the ball as if he is confident, but it those 2 baseline bunnies he missed back to back were Way off, and he dribbles around too much and doesnt find the man on the pick and roll, so Yeah, stop with the Arroyo talk...he is just a journeyman bandaid that wont be here next year accept to play second fiddle... Thoughts?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]  Would it be too much to ask Sir Rondo if he would at least give the effort or bench himself?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

WHAT, OR WHOM, WAS THE REASON FOR THE C's GETTING SO FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YR? WHO WAS THE MVP FOR THIS TEAM?? NOBODY??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]WHAT, OR WHOM, WAS THE REASON FOR THE C's GETTING SO FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YR? WHO WAS THE MVP FOR THIS TEAM?? NOBODY??
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

You realize we're dealing short memories here?  ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Lithium I agree.  you can look at Wes Welker coming back in less than a year after tearing up his knee in 3 places.

Also, I have heard (dont know if he blowing smoke)  that JON said his knee feels the best it has in a long while....so all we can do is trust he is telling the truth and will be some sort of factor come playoff time...I think if he come out and give 75%....thats gravy....Shaq already said he is about 85%...so we should be fine