Can James Jones play defense??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Can James Jones play defense??

Let's see if Mr. Jones can play some defense by going to PP or Green in ISOs and make him think defense not offense. He had his 15 mins of fame now it's time to get him off the court.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Can James Jones play defense??

JJ plays alot taller than he is

and while he doesnt get alot of rebounds, his long arms and legs cause problems trying to shoot over people and getting around a perimeter of him, wade and james is very difficult at best

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I don't think he can, but of more concern is NOT letting him score more than 10 points on us.  Cannot leave him open.  I could hit those.  I agree with you, but let's also put some pressure on him when he shoots!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

of course, both of you realize that JJ plays on our "D" unit along with joel anthony

so its a given JJ can man up on defense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In Response to Re: Can James Jones play defense??:
    [QUOTE]I don't think he can, but of more concern is NOT letting him score more than 10 points on us.  Cannot leave him open.  I could hit those.  I agree with you, but let's also put some pressure on him when he shoots!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see(couldn't bear to watch)most of the game, but I wonder why Doc, the master of stats, decides to leave guys open for 3's. Jones shot 7 shots for 15 pts, which translates to better than 100% vs. 2-pt field goals. Obviously, sometimes when they hurl the ball crosscourt as a bailout, that's hard to cover. But is there no such thing anymore as "don't let Jones stand there wide open."
    As Tommy would say,"that's his layup."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can James Jones play defense?? : I didn't see(couldn't bear to watch)most of the game, but I wonder why Doc, the master of stats, decides to leave guys open for 3's. Jones shot 7 shots for 15 pts, which translates to better than 100% vs. 2-pt field goals. Obviously, sometimes when they hurl the ball crosscourt as a bailout, that's hard to cover. But is there no such thing anymore as "don't let Jones stand there wide open." As Tommy would say,"that's his layup."
    Posted by JohnTAlouette[/QUOTE]

Agreed - he will not score over 20 again!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Jones wont need to play much defense if you noticed yesterdays game.. Most everytime PP got the ball, he got trapped....  forced to give it up, take a tough shot or turn it over.

We need to move the ball cause someone is open..

Jones, what can you say.. The guy is the NBA 3 pt king and we left him wide open on his 3balls.... W I D E   O P E N ! ! !

Cant say its an abberation when he can square up, get a good look and not have a hand in his face. Its not that we need Jones to work harder on defense... we need to guard him on offense..he avg 7 ppg vs the 6ers!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Can James Jones play defense??:
    [QUOTE]Let's see if Mr. Jones can play some defense by going to PP or Green in ISOs and make him think defense not offense. He had his 15 mins of fame now it's time to get him off the court.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Winning the 3 point contest was also a lucky moment.......  so if the Cs penetrate the lane and kick it out to a 3 point shooter it is a normal part of the game but if the Heat kick the ball out to the guy that won the 3 point contest it is a shim sham flim flam Warhol 15 minutes of fame.......  maybe Jones won't do that again but Miller and Bibby might..... what I am quite sure of is that if the Heat are in a tight game they won't take the foot off the pedal like they did yesterday and instead of settling for jumpers they will go to the rim and the line.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Can James Jones play defense?? : Winning the 3 point contest was also a lucky moment.......  so if the Cs penetrate the lane and kick it out to a 3 point shooter it is a normal part of the game but if the Heat kick the ball out to the guy that won the 3 point contest it is a shim sham flim flam Warhol 15 minutes of fame.......  maybe Jones won't do that again but Miller and Bibby might..... what I am quite sure of is that if the Heat are in a tight game they won't take the foot off the pedal like they did yesterday and instead of settling for jumpers they will go to the rim and the line.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    agreed...most people think this heat team was designed for the regular season...

but when do important free throws count the most? when you are in the postseason and have to fight for every point

which is why its key to have two of the best in the league at driving and getting fouls

its not the refs that have a bias, they call what they see and they see one heat player taking on 5 slapping, hacking, bewildered celtics in how the heck wade or james could have gotten that shot to fall plus one

good luck celtics...may you all be healthy as can be, as there will be less for their fans to pin on the refs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Jones wont need to play much defense if you noticed yesterdays game.. Most everytime PP got the ball, he got trapped....  forced to give it up, take a tough shot or turn it over. We need to move the ball cause someone is open.. Jones, what can you say.. The guy is the NBA 3 pt king and we left him wide open on his 3balls.... W I D E   O P E N ! ! ! Cant say its an abberation when he can square up, get a good look and not have a hand in his face. Its not that we need Jones to work harder on defense... we need to guard him on offense..he avg 7 ppg vs the 6ers!!
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I think he completely shocked us.......Doc will make an adjustment on this one.  If we let the Medium 3 get their 75, and hold everyone else down, we should do fine........KG needs to step up, Delonte needs to stop trying to dunk, and Pierce needs to shut up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

James Jones defense involves choking the player he is defending...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]James Jones defense involves choking the player he is defending...
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]
    effective enough defense to have a job in the nba since 2003

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]James Jones defense involves choking the player he is defending...
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Or slapping him upside the head!