Can someone tell Rondo not to go over a pick when J Kidd is the shooter....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

Re: Can someone tell Rondo not to go over a pick when J Kidd is the shooter....

Can anyone tell me, WHY RONDO took that 3 point clunker shot while the game was that close, and time running out? Everyone knows he can't shoot. That not the hands you want the ball in to take a shot in that close of a game with time running out. If Ray, or PP took it and missed, I could live with it because they are known to have made such shots, BUT RONDO! It was one of those reactions where you say NOOOOOOOOO, not you! LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone tell Rondo not to go over a pick when J Kidd is the shooter....:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone tell me, WHY RONDO took that 3 point clunker shot while the game was that close, and time running out? Everyone knows he can't shoot. That not the hands you want the ball in to take a shot in that close of a game with time running out. If Ray, or PP took it and missed, I could live with it because they are known to have made such shots, BUT RONDO! It was one of those reactions where you say NOOOOOOOOO, not you! LOL
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was a heatcheck by Rondo.

He had hit a wide open 20 footer at the 2:31 mark and must have been feeling it!

To be fair, Rondo did draw iron. That's improvement... of a sorts.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

I also thought he shouldn't have taken it. Even with him being wide open you know he shouldn't take those shots, but I guess it was more like a test to see what would happen -to build confidence- even though we know it didn't work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

can you tell me why some people on this board repeat whatever the announcers say?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

Maybe if Rondo could make a shot that is outside of 8 feet on a consistent basis, the celtics could have won last night.   Frown

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

For one Rondo allowed too much time to run off the clock and didn't get a good offensive set and it played right into the Mavs hands. It left him with the ball for a long jumper. He needs to drive that to the basket and make someone commit.

It would've been nice to get that win going to Miami

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOBEnumber5. Show KOBEnumber5's posts

In Response to Re: Can someone tell Rondo not to go over a pick when J Kidd is the shooter....:
    [QUOTE]For one Rondo allowed too much time to run off the clock and didn't get a good offensive set and it played right into the Mavs hands. It left him with the ball for a long jumper. He needs to drive that to the basket and make someone commit. It would've been nice to get that win going to Miami
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Well look at like this, the celtics had a winning streak, and now they will have a losing streak. Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I think RR did the right thing with that last shot. Sure he gambled, but the odds clearly were in favor of the shot: everybody's tired at the end of the back-to-back tough game, paint is congested so to drive to draw a foul is hopeless, especially considering that in the first 47+ minutes Celtics got only 5 FTs (I didn't count technicals), all other shooters are tightly covered, not much time left and, finally, he's completely open. A few minutes earlier he found himself in identical situation, took and made the shot - so, why not now.

AK

PS BTW here's a quote from PP:

"I love the shot Rondo took. I told him after the game I'll take that shot from him every time."

—Paul Pierce after Rajon Rondo missed an open 3-pointer Monday that would have given the Celtics the lead with 3.8 seconds left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can someone tell Rondo not to go over a pick when J Kidd is the shooter.... : Off the wall comment, since you're not in everyone's living room (or wherever they're watching the game).  Anyway, if the comment was directed at me, my issue is that this is just the type of move Rondo said last year that he knew he had to improve on.  When someone says "I'm going to do "x" but they continue to do "y"...that is what is bothersome to me.  This is basketball, not anything complicated....the ideas are not that complex, so if you're suprised that commentators on this board and announcers on tv share the same opinion...well go nuts. Anyway...looking at mileposts....7 - 3 after 10 would be fine with me, considering the team is playing shorthanded. 
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

It was one play in an otherwise incredible season for Rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Can someone tell Rondo not to go over a pick when J Kidd is the shooter....:
    [QUOTE]...And also not to yell at Ray Allen when J Terry makes a three seeing that Rondo DESTROYED the defensive rotation with his idiotic move...
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

...and would someone tell rondo to give the damn ball to kg

when he has single coverage behind him at the foul line at the

end of the game so that kg , not rondo can take the last damn shot...

it would be much better if rondo would simply play on the low post

at the end of the game to force his man to stay with him  and

not be able to double team other C'S , or run the risk of rondo getting

an easy lay up....YO DOC ,  HOW ABOUT USING THIS TACTIC.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]Can anyone tell me, WHY RONDO took that 3 point clunker shot while the game was that close, and time running out? Everyone knows he can't shoot. That not the hands you want the ball in to take a shot in that close of a game with time running out. If Ray, or PP took it and missed, I could live with it because they are known to have made such shots, BUT RONDO! It was one of those reactions where you say NOOOOOOOOO, not you! LOL
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]

do you recall the espn  interview when the big-3 first came together

where they were asked , as between the 3 of them ,

who they wanted to take the last shot with

the game on the line ....kg & pp said RAY...ray said whoever is open...

since when did rondo enter the " C'S GAME ON THE LINE KILLER"...

this is what pissed THE CAPTAIN off in the play-offs last year....

when it comes to shooting ...RONDO IS NOT A PART OF THE BIG-3...

so I wish folks on this board would stop with this bogus "BIG-4"

NONSENSE.....rondo is not the LEADER of the C'S but merely

the ...
    pg...only.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]can you tell me why some people on this board repeat whatever the announcers say?
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

...it's called an ...echo.............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, I think RR did the right thing with that last shot. Sure he gambled, but the odds clearly were in favor of the shot: everybody's tired at the end of the back-to-back tough game, paint is congested so to drive to draw a foul is hopeless, especially considering that in the first 47+ minutes Celtics got only 5 FTs (I didn't count technicals), all other shooters are tightly covered, not much time left and, finally, he's completely open. A few minutes earlier he found himself in identical situation, took and made the shot - so, why not now. AK PS BTW here's a quote from PP: "I love the shot Rondo took. I told him after the game I'll take that shot from him every time."—Paul Pierce after Rajon Rondo missed an open 3-pointer Monday that would have given the Celtics the lead with 3.8 seconds left.

Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

"...everybody's tired..."  

c'mon dude...then substitute someone who is not "tired"....

like NATE , A SHOOTER....DANIELS , A DRIVER....VW , ANOTHER SHOOTER...

as to what the "CAPTAIN" said are you really buying that "horse-manure"...

after walking off the court in the play-offs last year as a direct result

of rondo doing the same damn dumb thing...yea right....