Can we Amnesty Gerald Wallace?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Can we Amnesty Gerald Wallace?

Anyone know the answer 3 yrs 30mill a tad steep for a guy thats lousy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Can we Amnesty Gerald Wallace?

I agree. But I don't think we can amnesty a traded player and if that isn't the case, I think his contract was signed after the new CBA. 

But, they can use the stretch provision which means taking his 30M and stretching it over 7 years and then releasing him as a player. This would leave us with 4M in cap space per year dedicated to this bum. I wonder if we can bit the bullet this year and use that provision next year which would mean roughly 20/7 so less than 3M per year over 7.

The ULTIMATE would be if somehow someway Danny could use Wallace in a S&T with Atlanta for Josh Smith. Very unlikely and I shudder at what we would need to give up. Perhaps we hold on to Wallace for a few years and then trade his (eventually) expiring contract in a bigger deal down the road.

Whatever is done, please, please god, please just don't let that psycho loser play as a starting celtic. Leave him on the bench or even better, release him and just eat the money.