Can we beat New Jersey??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Can we beat New Jersey??

LMAO! That is the big question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Can we beat New Jersey??

If they want to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

Its not a question its a fact Boston can beat New Jersey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Veteran team.  They know how to count.  And they have a day off.  I say W n NJ 4 C's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Bias, I have been looking for you. Do you still think we need a trade? Do you still have a negative opinion on Wafer? Did you watch the game?

Even with a depleted team, and even with PP having his worst game, Boston still showed why they are the team to beat in the East.

I have been telling you if we are healthy, no team can beat us in a seven game series. DA knows it and that's why he is hesitant making a trade. We need "health" not "trade"

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "he is not home"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Can we beat New Jersey??:
    [QUOTE]Bias, I have been looking for you. Do you still think we need a trade? Do you still have a negative opinion on Wafer? Did you watch the game? Even with a depleted team, and even with PP having his worst game, Boston still showed why they are the team to beat in the East. I have been telling you if we are healthy, no team can beat us in a seven game series. DA knows it and that's why he is hesitant making a trade. We need "health" not "trade" If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "he is not home"
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]
    Sorry Chief, the recurrance and nature of Daniels injury makes his health perpetually questionable from now on.  DA will trade.  It's not a question of "if", only "when".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NO! we can only hope to contain the NJ powerhouse! no one can beat them!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Its time for the Celts to stop playing down to weaker teams after we play well against good teams.  We need to maintain that fire and beat up on NJ.   

I watched San Antonio play a back to back yesterday against the Wizards.  SA led the Wizards by 35 to 42 points almost all of the second half.  They maintained focus on the second night of a back to back on the road against a weak team and crushed the Wiz.  That's what the best teams do.  That's what I want the Celts to do.  We are clearly capable and clearly have the talent and the system.   We just need to keep the focus even when we are tired or disinterested.

That will help us keep the home court advantage over Miami and others in the league other than SA.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What makes anyone think the Net game is going to be such a struggle.  We could lose but are we joking here Bias?  What a wacky post?  Can we beat the Cavs, the Kings, etc.?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

My point of the post is we all know what happens with this team. It wasn't a serious question. It was a great win today but it means nothing to go and lose to NJ.

As for still needing to trade. Anyone who thinks just because we won today that we don't need a trade is naive. Did Quis get cleared to play?? NO! So we still need a backup SF and it's not Wafer. Wafer is playing better so a guy like this you just be quiet and let him improve. You don't start running sets for him or making him the focal point of the 2nd unit...just let him keep gaining confidence.

We still need to make a move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

I agree it was one game... Hopefully Danny sees it this way to, we still need some outside scoring from the bench. Plus Miami still has a way to go before we can consider them a great team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Von Wafer is not a replacement for an SF he is a shooting guard. That is clear.

He may end up being a really good backup SG.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Concord27, I know what Wafer is but for a week everyone was saying "play Wafer at SF". I've been trying to tell others that he's strictly a SG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Concord27, I know what Wafer is but for a week everyone was saying "play Wafer at SF". I've been trying to tell others that he's strictly a SG.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Wafer is Small but not a Forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i have been saying this out loud: when west returns, play wafe at SG with him on the second unit with quis at Sf if healthy.nate and jo if he returns, will ride the pine!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias, I believe most of us were just saying "play Wafer more", not play him as the small forward (at least that's what I was saying and what I thought I remember others saying).  

The guy has some potential and I'd just like to see him get more minutes so others (Ray) can rest more.  Doc can play him at shooting guard with KG, BBD, and Perk together, with BBD, Semih, and KG together, with Luke at SF sometimes, etc.  We don't always have to have a strict small forward in at every minute.   Unless and until Danny makes a move for a small forward, I just think we have options to get through these games.....just like we did today.....and we'll be fine.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Delonte West play against the Nets. That's good news.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Harangody can play SF in a pinch, but he's certainly not ideal for that role.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Harangody can play SF in a pinch, but he's certainly not ideal for that role.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

It was Davis who played SF when the Celtics needed another SF in practice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we beat New Jersey?? : Sorry Chief, the recurrance and nature of Daniels injury makes his health perpetually questionable from now on.  DA will trade.  It's not a question of "if", only "when".
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but who do you think they will trade?  The Celtics still need a backup small forward. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If Pierce is out, who will play small forward?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I would guess that Glen Davis would be Paul's replacement.  He is currently our best bench player. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

This win did nothing to ease my concerns of the bench.  At this point only 1 bench player is realiable.  BBD..   Nate is garbage if his jumper is off and it's often off shooting just over 40% for the year.    With Wafer, and West we should be set at the 1/2 .  Shaq and Erden should be back to help with the 1 spot.  We just need a rugged 3 to take the heat of Pierece. Imagine if he got in foul trouble today?  Who would we throw at Lebron for stretches.  Also if we had a rugged space opening 3 man like Battier Pierce could take a break guarding him during the game.  The roster now doesn't offer him any breaks.  We just need a solid 3 many to play 15-25 minutes a game at a high level.  If we find this and integrate West back in I don't see how they can be stopped.   

I salivate of a Playoff Bench rotation of 

Shaq
    BBD
    Battier
    West.

Awesome 9 man rotation.   Zero concerns with losing a lead there.

Package Nate, Bradley a pick erdan whatever to get it done.  Time for a quality player off the bench..