Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!

In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Danny Ainge never offered JJ Redick a contract. http://nbaroundtable.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/bulls-sign-redick-to-offer-sheet/ Bulls Sign Redick To Offer Sheet (Update: Magic Match) In  Free Agency  on  July 9, 2010  at  11:56 pm
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Don't like to split hairs with you, but:

http://www.celticstown.com/2010/07/01/jj-redick-brad-miller-erick-dampier-celtics-list/

TECHNICALLY, it's not the same thing, but ORL must have heard about this if we did, don't you think??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120106-08/steve-nash-future-phoenix-suns   On this scorecard, if you exclude the restricted free agent studs like  Kevin Love  and  Russell Westbrook  whose teams are sure to match any offers they get , Nash surely ranks as the No. 3 free agent-to-be in the 2012 class, behind only  Dwight Howard  and  Deron Williams , no matter what his birth certificate says.

DH aint happening.  We dont need DWill, and H E L L NAWWWW to old man Nash.  KLove is a good choice.  Honestly, just build the bench and draft well.  The next bird and PP is out there.  It may not take being in the lottery to get him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : DH ain't happening, maybe. But he's going to become an unrestricted free-agent. He might change his mind after 5 months.

If I was Otis Smith, I would trade him to GS.  I would call his bluff.  His agent told Otis he has NO interest in playing there....only problem is, he doesn't have a choice.....David Lee and Steph Curry for DH.  They said they would rent him for the year.  The new ownership group wants to make a big splash!!  Whatever team he is on at the end of the year will have the best chance of signing him.  If he still chooses the free agent route, he will be leaving 25 mill (5th year) on the table.  He can "only" get 4 yrs and 76 mill as a UFA.  Once Otis tells him he's going to GS, I predict he would either agree to an extension, or opt in for next year to go there!!

I believe this is why DA went so hard after Paul.  These guys are not leaving that much money on the table, despite anything they may say!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : If I was Otis Smith, I would trade him to GS.  I would call his bluff.  His agent told Otis he has NO interest in playing there....only problem is, he doesn't have a choice.....David Lee and Steph Curry for DH.  They said they would rent him for the year.  The new ownership group wants to make a big splash!!  Whatever team he is on at the end of the year will have the best chance of signing him.  If he still chooses the free agent route, he will be leaving 25 mill (5th year) on the table.  He can "only" get 4 yrs and 76 mill as a UFA.  Once Otis tells him he's going to GS, I predict he would either agree to an extension, or opt in for next year to go there!! I believe this is why DA went so hard after Paul.  These guys are not leaving that much money on the table, despite anything they may say!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Curry has had 7 ankle sprain over the last 1+ years.
    Nobody is trading for him while he is injured.
    Why would want to take on David Lee's contract?

Last night Howard said he has no interest in playing for GS.
    The GS idea is not happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posts from mtrax are hidden

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : The Magic are 2nd in the east right now. As long as the Magic are the 2nd or the 3rd best team in the east they will not trade DH. 

Yes, you are correct.  I also don't believe they will trade him before the All-Star game, as it is IN ORL this year.  They WANT to keep him, they have said that all along.

My point is this - IF they really want to keep him, they should force his hand (at the appropriate time).  Despite anything he or his agent says, Dwight Howard is NOT a Free Agent, and has NO choice until the end of the year where he will play.  ORL could trade him to the Washington Generals if they want!!  At the right time, IF GS would rent him for the year, trade him there, or at least threaten to.  He can whine all he wants, he's not a free agent.  Do you think he'll leave 25 mill on the table?  I don't.  And whatever team has him at the end of this year has a HUGE advantage!!
    He will change his tune if he is traded someplace undesirable (at the right time), and then, maybe, Otis gets to keep him!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's! : Yeah, but Ainge didn't actually do it. You said Ainge offered Redick a contract, didn't happen.  Look, there's a big difference between saying you're going to kill someone and you actually did kill someone.
    If you weren't a Celtics fan, this would be the cue for Red to scream "semantics" and start lobbing insults your direction. ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posts from FlobusMcNugget are hidden

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Cap money, UFA's and RFA's!": [QUOTE]I believe our first priority should be to go after Kevin Love HARD.  We really need to go after this guy and get him.  I also believe we need to re-sign Pietrus, hope Bass opts in (player option) and sign Jeff Green. I'd look to sign Ray and KG for identical 2 year contracts worth $8M ($4M per year) with the 2nd year a team option.  I'd let them know before signing it that they would come off the bench.  They would not be starters. I'd continue to develop the youngs (Moore, Johnson, Stiemsma) and Bradley. The Celtics would be left with a spot or two for a FA big man(men) and a draft pick who could help immediately (Clips #1). Rondo, Pietrus, Love, Pierce (or Green), FA CENTER - starting five Bradley, Ray, Bass, KG, Green (or Pierce), Stiemsma - 2nd unit Johnson, Moore, "Clips #1 pick", "Celts #1 pick", FA Big. Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE] Excellent post, Petey. Thoughtful. To those who think that Minny's match should scare us away, remember that we don't know their owner's financial situation. His appetite for expensive contracts may not be there and he may just agree to let Love go via sign and trade. Love may be like other superstars and decide that money isn't everything - he may like the Celtics (or other teams) better. The point is, you don't know unless you try. We have a great core of young players and with just 2 good stars, the C's could be right back in the thick of things. Wyc, Danny, and crew just have to swing for the fences in this free agency round and try using the picks to move up. You never know until you try. Danny is a gambler (sometimes too much so). I bet he swings hard for Love or DWill.