Caron Butler?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Caron Butler?

Maybe dallas want some cap relieve and we can provide that with sheed´s contract.
    But if they´re really looking for trade butler we can make a offer that they cant refuse:

1)boston gets           

Butler                     
    2 nd pick

2)Dallas gets

Sheed´s contract + BBD(they dont have any REAL backup PF for dirk:mahimmi;chandler and haywood are C)

and a 1st

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68503/20100803/mavericks_could_consider_trading_butler/

I know i´ve already talk about this kind of trade here,but i trully think we should use Sheed and BBD(who´s a nice young player but should demand more money next year)
    and if needed trade a 1st for a 2nd round pick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Caron Butler?

the time for this deal has sailed.  it was last year.  when wash held the fire sale, we too likely could have finagled a deal for caron and haywood and then we're not talking about adding very many pieces for this year. 

but it would have required lux tax perhaps.  this ownership seems very averse to that.

for right now if you give up davis then you have a gaping hole and no money at all left to find a backup for garnett.  plus i don't relish the idea of giving up one of the few young players in the league who despite getting his minutes rotation yanked around quite a bit, has remained a legit contributor who thrives in the clutch.... and is a superb help defender- one of the lynch pins for celtic success.

just have a few quiet thoughts to yourself about tyrus 'vyrus' thomas, who just signed for around 8m a year, and then come on back to davis, a lower draft pick that year, a much better player, and he won't be asking 8m per next year either.  but that's about what you'd have to spend to find a worthy back up 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivanc. Show kivanc's posts

why would dallas want any cap relief? i don't think they'd give up on caron butler either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

That report is more speculation than based on chatter going around; that's why they use the word "could".  And not that the Mavs are "looking" to move or "shopping" him.  Same BS reports that C's "could" be interested in Delonte West.

I could only see this happening if the Mavs are out of contention at the deadline and/or Caron makes it clear he will not resign with D. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

I know that wont happen,but i just tought that would be nice to bring this rumor.

Now if we just want to give Sheed to get someone(without trade BBD or a pick)

I think we should be able to get nocioni.

I know he can shoot,but i´m not so sure about his defense.
    And i also think that RIGHT NOW DA cant do much better than this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice idea

No chance of happening

Dallas is a title contender that cares little for $ savings and Butler is a big part of their season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DA should be able to get Posey or Nocioni AND have NO or Philly toss us an additional asset for the $ savings we

Both of them are average 3 point shooters, in the mid 30% range, but that is better than what sheed gave us. They are similar players. I think Pose, even at his age, is a bit quicker and more savvy, but nocioni a bit more rugged. They are not shut-down defenders, but are 6'8" and solid, better by far than having Daniels or Wafer cover a SF.

When Pose/Nocioni were in winning situations, they had 3 point percentages in the 38-40% range (06 and 07 Bulls, 06 Heat/08 Celts)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

In Response to Caron Butler?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe dallas want some cap relieve and we can provide that with sheed´s contract. [/QUOTE]

Since when has Dallas ever wanted cap relief?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

The last thing that Mark Cuban Wants or would trade for is cap relief. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Caron Butler would be perfect with the Celtics

Only Danny Granger ,Jeff Green , Kiralenko AK-47, or Shawn Marion would be as good (or better) for the Celtics

But I would rather package Nate with Rasheed rather than Big Baby

I am excited about seeing Big Baby begin the year like he left off in the playoffs, remember last year with the broken thumb it was hard to judge whether Big Baby's huge playoff run as a starter was a mirage

I say keep Big Baby so we can decide whether he's worth a long term deal....(I think he is) , with Avery Bradley and Von Wafer (and Marquis who can play point), I think it would be better to package Nate and clear the way for Bradley, while keeping Big Baby and hopefully resigning him to a 3 or 4 yr deal......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Caron Butler?:
    [QUOTE]DA should be able to get Posey or Nocioni.............
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

nocioni is terrible on defense......  makes scal look like the fastest guy in the league....  :-O

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics have an All-Star SF in Pierce. Why would the Celtics acquire another former All-Star SF in Caron Butler just to backup Pierce?  
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]

last year, i would have taken butler in a heartbeat and plugged him into the lineup to spell pierce and ray allen.  the way that ray played (read: horrific shooting) due to exhaustion from over-use) ........ well, we would have been a totally different team in a good way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron Butler? : nocioni is terrible on defense......  makes scal look like the fastest guy in the league....  :-O
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Nocioni is WAY better than Scal, I said that even tho he is older Posey is quicker, but Nocioni is not a bad defender, he is gritty and 6'8" and has average speed for his size/weight. In halfcourt playoff bball when you need a guy to check LeBron, use some fouls, spell Pierce, not let a guy score and then get to the line for a 3 point play (like wimpy Quis and Wafer will do) then Nocioni is perfect

but there are a half dozen other SF's, all who are actually available, unlike butler, who I would rather have

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron Butler? : Nocioni is WAY better than Scal, I said that even tho he is older Posey is quicker, but Nocioni is not a bad defender, he is gritty and 6'8" and has average speed for his size/weight.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

well, yes, he is better than scal.  but the issue becomes that through the playoffs a nocioni would not be playing against very many fellow average speed people.  so he would be an expensive 6 fouls to blow in half court hacking, in addition to getting smoked a lot by quicker people at his position on a regular basis. 

that has been the book on nocioni for a few years no- good heart, mediocre-at-best foot speed, so his minutes played have never really climbed.