Celtic Dominance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: Celtic Dominance

In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : My fellow Lakers fan embarass me.  I guess that is why they come to this site along with me,  to learn about real championship teams on all levels.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

You know you are not a Laker fan. you just pretend to be one

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

King Shaq…you are cherry picking comments and writing about them but many become out of context.

I responded earlier about Lakers having only 12 banners.  I have, in fact, as I live in SF Bay Area and have family in San Diego have been in  Staples but have not counted the banners so I do not know for a fact that there are only 12 banners.  I did say why would they have 12 banners and not 16 or just 11 if they show the ones in LA only(as maybe they should).  But, banners, as in baseball division titles & world series titles are displayed proudly.  Now, I do not know if all teams display division & conference title banners…maybe those without many championship ones do but most definitely proudly show the championship banners so I reiterate, LA should show its 16 total championship banners or 11, not 12, of the titles while in LA only.

Why don’t you respond to your fellow Lakerfan 67 with a scathing rebuttal as opposed  to doing so with Fiercest 34 & me regarding championships being the end all. My first post was responding to Lakerfan 67 citing that Championships are the only thing that matters, not games won, playoff wins, conference titles etc. but solely championships. I never said going 1-8 in playoffs while losing in a game 7 ECF was less embarrassing. I stressed I was responding solely to Lakerfan67’s chosen repetitive word, championships so in fact neither one of us won a championship.  However, as I have the floor and you have an open ear and open mind, would you not say that a team that loses in a conference final in game 7 being tied at the end of 3 quarters to the team that wins the Championship 4-1 vs. OKC which was a team that beat the Lakers 4-1 in the playoffs definitely demonstrated a better performance, especially when whole Laker team was healthy and we were without A. Bradley, Wilcox & Green & PP & Allen played injured.

So, I repeat, as per Celtic dominance vs Lakers head to head in 12 finals, we are 9 to 3.  Can you not reasonably agree we’ve dominated in Championship encounters ???

PS...again, Laker fan 67 said games didn't matter, only Championships, but in case you are interested, total games played between the Celtics and Lakers are 276 and the record is in our favor, 153 to 123 !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

nice post man.....no matter anyone tries to spin it, the Celtics have the better head to head record in both the regular season and in the Finals.....and it isn't even close....ask the casual fan who is not between the age of 15 and 25 who is the most famous franchise in league history and you will usually get ...."the Celtics"....at least outside of Los Angeles....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]nice post man.....no matter anyone tries to spin it, the Celtics have the better head to head record in both the regular season and in the Finals.....and it isn't even close....ask the casual fan who is not between the age of 15 and 25 who is the most famous franchise in league history and you will usually get ...."the Celtics"....at least outside of Los Angeles....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

trust me us true Laker fans know as well,  most of us just don't want to admit it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : Dukie I'll use your own words, "no matter how anyone tries to spin it"  Celtics 17 championships and Lakers 16 championships.  That does not sound like dominance to me.  Unfortunately the Lakers will win championship #17 before Celtics accumulate another one.  Hope all is well.
    Posted by dfurypos[/QUOTE]

Duke can, of course, respond to you and I will admit in his first post he described many statistics/results of the teams over their history. You are absolutely correct that in the most important one, championships, it's a slim 17 to 16 total. I got my feathers ruffled a bit with Lakerfan67 citing championships being the end all determining factor of which team has dominated. I interpreted this, and maybe incorrectly so, to mean championship encounters between us and , fortunately, the statistics heavily favored us resulting in 9 to 3 in 12 finals. This would on a statistical basis of winning 75% indicate we have dominated...not too beat a dead horse...in championship matches between us!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Dominance : trust me us true Laker fans know as well,  most of us just don't want to admit it.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

We all know you are not TRUE Lakers fan. Just a pretender

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Finals History....where champions are made....

Celtics 17
    Lakers 16

Lakers vs teams not named the Celtics 13-6 (.684)
    Lakers vs Celtics 3-9 (.250)
    Lakers overall 16-15 (.516)
    Lakers since moving to LA 11-14 .440)

Celtics vs teams not named the Lakers 8-1 (.889)
    Celtics vs Lakers 9-3 (.750)
    Celtics overall 17-4 (.809)

all time playoff record head to head: Boston 43 wins Lakers 31 wins....the Celtics have a winning percentage of .581

the only other comparison would be regular season.....

that would be Celtics 153 wins and Lakers 123 wins....the Celtics have a winning percentage of .554 head to head

combined games all time Celtics 194 Lakers 154......Celtics have a winning record of .557 all time....

I would say this reveals the dominant team in this discussion of which team has gotten the better of it's chief rival over the years...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

I don't even pay attention to 17, because that was a done deal when the Lakers got Howard, I'm more attuned and excited for the inevitable 18 that puts the issue of NBA dominance to rest. Duke puts more and more emphasis on the head to head issue because soon that will be all that is left of the shambles that is the Celtics. Had the Celtics made the Finals almost every year when the Lakers were there, just like in the '60s when the Lakers made the Finals everytime the Celtics were there, even the issue of head to head dominance would be a completely different story. Imagine the Celtics somehow getting to the Finals during the Shaq 3 year run. That alone ends the issue of head to head because the Celtics have a tendency not to show up unless they are very, very good. The Lakers on the other hand somehow scrape themselves together and get there no matter what, that shows heart and a will to win. As someone said earlier, Duke wants to punish the Lakers for showing up so many times in the Finals and that he rewards losing before the Finals or failing to make the playoffs. It is quite conceivable, if not probable that the head to head would be even if the Celtics made the Finals everytime the Lakers did during the 80's and 2000's, instead they lost 3-2 series leads to the likes of Orlando, whom we crushed, and others.That alone says a lot when comparing the Lakers heart and talent when compared to the Celtics. Dream on Duke, it is normal for old people who can no longer function as they did to constantly complain about current situations and how much better they were in the good old days. When you take away the Celtics victories over the Lakers, when you think about it, they have won only 8 other times. The Lakers titles are against a much wider and more varied and more talented group of  great teams. The Lakers teams whom the Celtics beat were not necessarily the best there was at those times, they many times just had more heart and stamina to get there in the first place. The Celtics lack that heart and drive, and that is why they not only went 22 years to win a title, they went 22 years without even coming close to making the Finals, which is a case in point that for the Celtics to  get there they have to be very, very good or you won't make it at all. Look at New Jersey and Philadephia, they clearly were not the best there was, but they both had the heart  and drive to show up and face the mighty Lakers. They showed a lot more than the Celtics who blow 3-2 advantages.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

seems someone is trying to bait me....ok...I'll bite...

one of the Lakers' worst moments came a few years ago when Boston came back from down over 20 points to win on the road....two games later the Lakers were crushed in the most one sided game ever to have decided the championship (this might have been the first time the Lakers quit when the chips were down...they have done the same thing over the last two years....or so it would seem when a team goes 0-4 and 1-4 to end it's season) ......so much for Boston's glory years having been long gone....the last 5 years shows that the team is back....it's too bad we lost Bias and Lewis as the great Celtic team of the 80's was beginning to age.....those things would set any team back don't you agree....?

if (when) the Lakers match our 17 titles.....that still doesn't erase the dominance head to head that I just pointed out in my recent post.....it took these teams over 50 years to achieve these results....frankly, the Lakers will never make up that much ground in any of our lifetimes.....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey GoG......when I was your age I saw 8 of them in a row......in fact, make that 11 of 13......then Russ and Sam retired and we had a down year.....of course, along came JoJo and Cowens and, just after the Lakers finally won a championship in Los Angeles, we won two in three years.....the 80's were a blast....the 90's not so much (no Bias and no Lewis...) ...of course the Lakers didn't win one either....but then, the Lakers not winning wasn't a big story....Boston not winning a title for the first time in five decades...? well, you probably weren't watching yet...but that was headline news in the NBA at the time....your team has had the upper hand in the last decade....good for you...we are both contenders and, at last look, we are even head to head since the new millennium....but as for history....well my friend....it's not even close...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]DANNY BUYING TIX TO CELTS/SIXER GAME  
    Posted by dfurypos[/QUOTE]

Hmmm??? Aren't those the purple & gold sneakers worn by you know whom ???

I see "Sixer Tickets" pasted over a sign that did end in "---kets"...it would seem to me without being Sherlock Holmes that it's a Laker fan buying tickets at a home or away game. If I didn't see the end of the tickets script, I'd thought it was a Laker fan at an ATM at Walmart.

dfurypos, what is your fixation of Danny at a Celtic/Sixer game ???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Finals History....where champions are made.... Celtics 17 Lakers 16 Lakers vs teams not named the Celtics 13-6 (.684) Lakers vs Celtics 3-9 (.250) Lakers overall 16-15 (.516) Lakers since moving to LA 11-14 .440) Celtics vs teams not named the Lakers 8-1 (.889) Celtics vs Lakers 9-3 (.750) Celtics overall 17-4 (.809) all time playoff record head to head: Boston 43 wins Lakers 31 wins....the Celtics have a winning percentage of . 581 the only other comparison would be regular season..... that would be Celtics 153 wins and Lakers 123 wins....the Celtics have a winning percentage of . 554 head to head combined games all time Celtics 194 Lakers 154 ......Celtics have a winning record of . 557 all time.... I would say this reveals the dominant team in this discussion of which team has gotten the better of it's chief rival over the years...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

This analysis...statistics don't lie...shows Celtic Dominance between the 2 teams. And if the Lakers do tie us with 17 overall championships, it does not diminish our dominance over the Lakers in head to head finals. 

Re" Duke, like all Celtic fans over the age of 60 try desperately to hold on to the past.  All he does is ramble about events that took place over 40 years ago which no-one cares about anymore. It is really sad and pathetic and I feel extremely sorry for him."

This GoGreen and trying to further camouflage it with the Shamrock is a blatant Laker fan !!! Today is history for tomorrow & this week for the next, this year for the next  etc. History is what life is all about. Babe Ruth's HR record for years was a target & even Joe Dimaggio's consecutive game hit streak still hasn't been broken. On another subject, most war movies were about World War 2, are these directors rambling about events that took place in the  past. Overall records are records whether one team dominated years ago and one currently. Can we now put this topic to rest !!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

just using a boxing analogy.....there have been many great heavyweight champions...guys like Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Clay (Ali), Frasier, Foreman, and Tyson......each camp can bring up dozens of reasons why their fighter was the best....but it all comes down to this.....how did your fighter do against my fighter in the ring...?

my fighter (the Celtics) beat your fighter (the Lakers) 9 times in 12 bouts......case closed...!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]just using a boxing analogy.....there have been many great heavyweight champions...guys like Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Clay (Ali), Frasier, Foreman, and Tyson......each camp can bring up dozens of reasons why their fighter was the best....but it all comes down to this.....how did your fighter do against my fighter in the ring...? my fighter (the Celtics) beat your fighter (the Lakers) 9 times in 12 bouts......case closed...!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Using your analogy, that means that, overall against all competition, Tunney was a greater fighter than Dempsy since he was 2-0 against him, it means that Schemling was just as good as Joe Louis, since he was 1-1 against him, it means that Leon Spinks was just as good as Ali, since he was 1-1 against him, it means Ezzard Charles was better than Joe Louis because Charles beat Louis. And last but not least, the great and immortal Buster Douglas was superior to Mike Tyson since he knocked Tyson out. Duke, you make a lot of sense. Judging a fighter's greatness overall as compared to another fighter based on their head to head in a limited number of encounters is stupid and to say the Celtics are superior to the Lakers overall based on what happened 50 years ago is just as stupid and anyone who says otherwise is stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

And an even better analogy would be that if you beat the hsit out of me when we were kids, when you were bigger than me, and you did it repeatedly, then when we grew up (modern era, when it counted) and I got bigger than you and I beat the hsit out of you in the few times you were brave enough to show up and you saw me now beating the very best around everywhere,and you just weren't good eonugh to show up to  take your beating and you avoided me, but based on the fact that decades ago when we were kids you had a better record than me head to head, that makes you all-time better than me? Am I getting your comparison right? And even now, that I continue to beat the s88t out of everybody, including you in 3 out of the last 4, and you can't even beat the preliminary fighters to qualify for the big dance against me for 22 years, and only once in 27 years, based on what you did to me as kids you are greater all-time against me and everybody else. Good job Dukee. Show up more often against me and we'll see what's up. You are like the guy who beat me at everything in high school and that I now see drunk and fat, living in the streets talking about how much better he not only was, but is, than me, even though I still am successful, vibrant, fit, young looking and still acheiving at a high level (which is not far from the literal truth between you and me in private life even though were not much different in age). The only thing that fat drunk has left to hold onto is his memories of his prowess in high school. I see that a lot, and it's sad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Go Green exposed! A picture of Go Green extracted from LA laker website!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What ever you say Dr. Evil....I mean Go Green!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.