Celtic injuries save Danny Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Celtic injuries save Danny Ainge

It is easy to say that injuries did the Celtics in and there is some truth to it. However, it's easy to forget that Danny Ainge failed to acquire a true point guard when Rondo went out, how Ainge failed to acquire any bigs even though several were available (Kenyon Martin, Chris Anderson). It's easy to forget that Danny Ainge has scr*w*d this team since it won it's last title. Bad draft picks, horrible trades(Perkins, Erdin), poor free agent signings(Jason Terry), failure to sign key players (Tony Allen, James Posey, Ray Allen). He completely ignored key weaknesses on the Celtic roster. Sure several players have let the Celtics organization down (Jason Terry, Jeff Green, Courtney Lee) but as GM Boston's lack of depth and selection of players that fail to contribute ultimately fall on him. He won't be terminated only because injuries have masked his poor decision making.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Celtic injuries save Danny Ainge

He also won't be fired because he made it to the eastern conference last year and took the Heat, eventual NBA champ, to seven games. That's a pretty good resume dude, hate to break it to you. 

He also won't be fired because had he made some of the moves you are talking about, we still don't beat the Knicks when Carmelo is playing like this. 

You also fail to acknowledge that the Jeff Green trade is not looking too terrible right now. I still would not have made it as I think it may have cost us a ring that year, but the way Green has been playing you can't put that trade in the fail column. 

What else could Ainge have done to sign Ray Allen? Nothing. If you're Ray Allen, you're signing with the Heat to get wide open looks from Lebron and D Wade too. Don't be naive. 

As for Tony Allen, Tony wanted way more playing time he was going to get with the Cs. That's both the fault of Pierce and Doc, not Ainge. The Courtney Lee and Jason Terry signings looked pretty good at the time. They have not worked out that well, but that's not totally on Ainge, many of us liked those signings as a "Ray Allen plan B" at the time. 

As for Posey, he was done, he had maybe one halfway ok year and then a huge fade. He stole that last contract and it was wise not to sign him for those dollars. 

So for the most part, not sure you can fault Ainge for that. I'll give you Erden, not my favorite move, but you also have to give Ainge Sullinger, assuming he can rebound from the injury. 

Kenyon Martin was a mistake but don't pretend we'd be beating the Knicks if we had Kenyon and they didn't. 

I"m amazed at how many fans are complaining about a team losing to a Knicks team that was probably the best team in the NBA the last month. This is not a surprise. Ainge is probably not a top three GM but he's done a solid job given that top flight free agents don't want to sign in Boston - fact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

He also won't be fired because he made it to the eastern conference last year and took the Heat, eventual NBA champ, to seven games. That's a pretty good resume dude, hate to break it to you. 

He also won't be fired because had he made some of the moves you are talking about, we still don't beat the Knicks when Carmelo is playing like this. 

You also fail to acknowledge that the Jeff Green trade is not looking too terrible right now. I still would not have made it as I think it may have cost us a ring that year, but the way Green has been playing you can't put that trade in the fail column. 

What else could Ainge have done to sign Ray Allen? Nothing. If you're Ray Allen, you're signing with the Heat to get wide open looks from Lebron and D Wade too. Don't be naive. 

As for Tony Allen, Tony wanted way more playing time he was going to get with the Cs. That's both the fault of Pierce and Doc, not Ainge. The Courtney Lee and Jason Terry signings looked pretty good at the time. They have not worked out that well, but that's not totally on Ainge, many of us liked those signings as a "Ray Allen plan B" at the time. 

As for Posey, he was done, he had maybe one halfway ok year and then a huge fade. He stole that last contract and it was wise not to sign him for those dollars. 

So for the most part, not sure you can fault Ainge for that. I'll give you Erden, not my favorite move, but you also have to give Ainge Sullinger, assuming he can rebound from the injury. 

Kenyon Martin was a mistake but don't pretend we'd be beating the Knicks if we had Kenyon and they didn't. 

I"m amazed at how many fans are complaining about a team losing to a Knicks team that was probably the best team in the NBA the last month. This is not a surprise. Ainge is probably not a top three GM but he's done a solid job given that top flight free agents don't want to sign in Boston - fact.

Agree with the entirety of your post but you have to agree that Danny is willing to take more chances with guards (Bradley, Crawford, TWill) than bigs. He passed on Martin, Andersen, Blatche and who knows who else in favor of Randolph & White. Melo has been his only "shot in the dark" of late. Sullinger was a bonafide NBA Player save for the risk of his back and Danny knew what he was getting into with that pick. He hasn't taken a flyer on a big since BB Davis and both Melo & Davis were draft picks. He seems to be gun-shy with FA Bigs ... Blatche could have helped KG and the rebounding problem at little or no risk w/o hurting the cap space situation at all.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

tex is simply an idiot.

Anyone that fails to realize that Ainge took over in 2003 and won a championship 5 years later in 2008 is simply and idiot.

This coming from a moron that believes that Tim Duncan singlehandedly won 4 titles in San Antonio!!! HAHAHA

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

What have you done for me lately. Some people just aim too low. One ring in 10 years and counting is horrible.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

What have you done for me lately. Some people just aim too low. One ring in 10 years and counting is horrible.

Jerry Sloan has no rings..............that make him a bad coach?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

GK - let me provide you with a real life example that better defines the word horrible! The NBA team with the highest payroll getting swept in the 1st round of the playoffs! Now that's horrible!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Can't stand the heat, get out of the Kitchen uni brow...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Can't stand the heat, get out of the Kitchen uni brow...

This one is for you GK! Have a great off-season! Enjoy the NBA draft and summer league!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Winning 4 championships with 2 different sets of players is not a fluke. Especially if you have 3 Finals MVP trophies to back it up.

No fluke when you have a guy like Greg Popovich running the organization.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

tex

It's simple, just show me an article or a headline where KG carried the team to a Game 7 win and I'll shut up.

Unfortunately you won't see any because KG is not the type to carry a team on his back.

No doubt KG is a great player and us Celtic fans are lucky to have him. But he falls short when it comes to Celtic greatness.

That will be the day.  You will never shut up.  Your rapid fire postomatic Fierce.  Mr. Know it all.  You not only argue with us trolls around here, but you non stop argue with your own kind.  Your a sick puppy.  Please seek help.

No BDC -  what will I do????????????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

laker "dynsasty" is an oxymoron.......sweep - five - sweep...........some dynasty

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerDynasty. Show LakerDynasty's posts

A Laker fan antagonizing Celtic fans on a forum for Celtic fans and I'm the one who needs help?

Are you a comedian too?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just who have I antagonized?  I am only saying what 95% of the posters here would love to say but fear they will be rapid fire posted at until they finally give up and walk away.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to LakerDynasty's comment:

A Laker fan antagonizing Celtic fans on a forum for Celtic fans and I'm the one who needs help?

Are you a comedian too?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just who have I antagonized?  I am only saying what 95% of the posters here would love to say but fear they will be rapid fire posted at until they finally give up and walk away.

There is a lot of truth to this post. Fierce didn't know what a sign and trade was and tried to lecture on how the off season works.

25. This post has been removed.