Celtic trade proposals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Celtic trade proposals

Big Baby for Thaddeus Young? Reggie Evans? Nick Young?

Jeff Green for Nick Young? Thaddeus Young? Jamal Crawford?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Celtic trade proposals

Jeff Green and Big Baby for Zach Randolph?

We need a low post scorer badly!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Celtic trade proposals:
    [QUOTE]Jeff Green and Big Baby for Zach Randolph? We need a low post scorer badly!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Green and Big Baby for Zach Randolph? We need a low post scorer badly!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Is there something about Green and Baby don't know - like they are going to morph into Griffin and Karl Malone?  Not likely.... so why on earth would Memphis trade Randolph.  Next year Rudy Gay comes back and they are the favorites to win the title but somehow they are looking to add Green and Baby and rid themselves of one of the premier powerforwards in the league.....  it is all coming clear to me now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD and Green are not coming off the best of playoff performances either.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]BBD and Green are not coming off the best of playoff performances either.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Danny basically said they were going to re-sign Green, Davis is on his way out I think.  I can't see Danny tying up Baby when the rebuilding process will be starting after the lockout.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic trade proposals : Danny basically said they were going to re-sign Green, Davis is on his way out I think.  I can't see Danny tying up Baby when the rebuilding process will be starting after the lockout.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Celtics will most likely resign Jeff Green.  I don't think that Davis will resign with the Celtics either.  Not sure where he will end up, but he needs to have better conditioning throughout the entire season.  I believe that is why he was so ineffective during the playoffs.  It appeared that he had gained a considerable amount of weight, which influenced his performance.  Not sure who is to blame for allowing him to get so out of shape. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Trade Baby please.  I like him as a person but he is undersized and exposed now.  Rondo please develop a jumper so u can b like Nash, Dwill CP3 , Westbrook etc.   Dwest is not a true PG bt we should keep him cause is better as a SG.  we need a true back up PG and some young athletic young cuys who can score and dunk so we celtics can be fun to watch and not slow and predictable on offensive plays.  Heat, OKC, Bulls, and Grizz are athletic   we got tp get with the program.  I have been asking and telling people the Celtiocs need athletic guys for the past 2 years now,  but now DA and Doc seems to get the message now  too bad cause it cost us 2 rings

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic trade proposals : I agree that the Celtics will most likely resign Jeff Green.  I don't think that Davis will resign with the Celtics either.  Not sure where he will end up, but he needs to have better conditioning throughout the entire season.  I believe that is why he was so ineffective during the playoffs.  It appeared that he had gained a considerable amount of weight, which influenced his performance.  Not sure who is to blame allowing him to get so out of shape. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

BBD has been eating too much spaghetti and pancakes from hotel room service.
    Check the Association Celtics  series and you will see  lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic trade proposals : I agree that the Celtics will most likely resign Jeff Green.  I don't think that Davis will resign with the Celtics either.  Not sure where he will end up, but he needs to have better conditioning throughout the entire season.  I believe that is why he was so ineffective during the playoffs.  It appeared that he had gained a considerable amount of weight, which influenced his performance.  Not sure who is to blame allowing him to get so out of shape. 

I agree, I think I heard or read that he gained 15 pounds during the year - I find that almost impossible with the amount of physical activity, etc.

I think he is still very immature and probably was reading (though I am not sure he can) his headlines about 6th man blah blah blah.... I think he was stressing about his first huge payday that it cost him just that.  Everyone says he should be down on the block, posting up, etc. but if it were me and every time I tried to go inside my shot got sent into the second row, I would be hesitant to go down there.  Also, I think once he started making jumpers a couple of years ago nobody expected it, now everyone expects that shot to go in everytime and the hoop has gotten smaller for him.  I think he will go somewhere for the MLE or something like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need JJ Barea or Will Bynum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic trade proposals : I agree, I think I heard or read that he gained 15 pounds during the year - I find that almost impossible with the amount of physical activity, etc. I think he is still very immature and probably was reading (though I am not sure he can) his headlines about 6th man blah blah blah.... I think he was stressing about his first huge payday that it cost him just that.  Everyone says he should be down on the block, posting up, etc. but if it were me and every time I tried to go inside my shot got sent into the second row, I would be hesitant to go down there.  Also, I think once he started making jumpers a couple of years ago nobody expected it, now everyone expects that shot to go in everytime and the hoop has gotten smaller for him.  I think he will go somewhere for the MLE or something like that.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Agree. Similar to TA, I think the C's will low-ball BBD and only sign him if he accepts the offer. Otherwise, he's gone because life's too short and the season is too long to have both a diva (Rondo) and a Baby on your team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]Great if it happens, but I don't see this happening. Randolph is the Grizzlies' franchise player, and it is highly unlikely that Memphis will trade him considering the playoff run they have had this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen Davis was a big part of our regular season and had a falling out with Doc Rivers late in the season, from that point on he let down, and the team which depends much more on him than some of the posters on this site believe, lost home court advantage.  With the resigning of Doc , Davis is gone gone gone and I am sure he will not miss Boston.   Thanks Glen for a very four very good years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Dont forget V Wafer, he developed nicely this season (learned to play defense). I would like to see the C's bring him back for another year or two. I think he could be on the verge of a break-out season!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BCSP,
    You are right on Wafer!  I think the plan Ainge  and Doc have is very much in place.  With them as a unit I think free agency will be ours for the taking. Remember Howard is not as likely to want to play for Brian Shaw as he is for Doc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Glen Davis was a big part of our regular season and had a falling out with Doc Rivers late in the season, from that point on he let down, and the team which depends much more on him than some of the posters on this site believe, lost home court advantage.  With the resigning of Doc , Davis is gone gone gone and I am sure he will not miss Boston.   Thanks Glen for a very four very good years.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Many of us have always liked Glen, but it was obvious that he gained considerable weight as I have stated in my post.  Not sure who is to blame for this, but if he really cared about the Celtics he would have made sure that he kept up his conditioning.  It was obvious that this influenced his level of play during the playoffs since he failed miserably.  Even Tommy Heinsohn mentioned this on comcast.  Since this is his contract year, you think he would have tried to play to the best of his ability and gaining so much weight definitely didn't help in contract negotations with other teams as well as the Celtics. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic trade proposals : Many of us have always liked Glen, but it was obvious that he gained considerable weight as I have stated in my post.  Not sure who is to blame for this, but if he really cared about the Celtics he would have made sure that he kept up his conditioning.  It was obvious that this influenced his level of play during the playoffs since he failed miserably.  Even Tommy Heinsohn mentioned this on comcast.  Since this is his contract year, you think he would have tried to play to the best of his ability and gaining so much weight definitely didn't help in contract negotations with other teams as well as the Celtics. 

Baby is human had a rough childhood and probably got depressed after
    Perk was  traded because it was a very emotional exit.

His play definitely dipped post trade. His weight gain has to be stress related. He apparently handle the emotional stress the same way he has his whole life, with food.

That's my hunch as an observer.