Celtic Vs Rockets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Celtic Vs Rockets

In Response to Re: Celtic Vs Rockets:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Vs Rockets : I don't believe Perk would have made that much of a difference.  The reality is that the guards (Rondo and Allen) are being torched.  Maybe some of the drives to the hole would have been shut down, but that would not be worth 20+points.   Offensively, the first unit is stagnant.  Play Ray for curls, Pierce for post-ups and just dare Rondo to shoot.  Leaves KG and Krstic to carry the load, and most nights that is not happening. 
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, you'd expect something different when D. West was in the game. The whole team played like crap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Breaktime, I agree but be aware that Arroyo is the one that allowed Lowry to get going with wide open uncontested threes.  He is not injured and can't play defense.  Rondo is like a zombie out there. Those who say we need a point guard that can shoot and get to the line as usual are way off. We need the old Rondo. Who disrupted and passed to open men at will.  Rondo is hurt thats the problem and by the looks of it, it is a injury that is preventing him from playing even decently.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Unable to watch the game, so I will defer to your judgement Concord.  With all our remaining backtobacks and our injuries, I don't think #1 seed in the East is realistic anymore.  If Rondo is hurt, sit him down, and give the newbies a chance to integrate themselves into the system.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Im done for the night, this is too disgusting to watch.. I may not even watch tomorrow...back2back.. pencil in automatic loss
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Sad but probably true.
    Remember early on in the year when we lost to Toronto and then (with Nate at PG), destroyed the Hawks in Atlanta.
    What are the odds on that scenario occurring again in NO tomorrow?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

4 guards score a total of 12 points.....what a waiste!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtic Vs Rockets : I don't believe Perk would have made that much of a difference.  The reality is that the guards (Rondo and Allen) are being torched.  Maybe some of the drives to the hole would have been shut down, but that would not be worth 20+points.   Offensively, the first unit is stagnant.  Play Ray for curls, Pierce for post-ups and just dare Rondo to shoot.  Leaves KG and Krstic to carry the load, and most nights that is not happening. 
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

True - Ray and Rondo got torched, but its difficult to blame this game on any one factor.  Houston guards were hitting shots going sideways and falling backwards and 6 feet beyond the 3 point land.  But, if they didn't hit, the defense on the interior was horrible as well.  Krstic was beat so often that he didn't deserve to be in there and he provide NO offense (2 for 3).  At least KG and Ray shot 50%.  Rondo shot 2 for 11 and Paul was 2 for 10!  In the early second half, the defense on their bigs just let them have basket after basket and then have rebound after rebound.

So, we played poorly all around.  I don't blame this one on the guards nor on the coach......its on the entire starting team who simply played ZERO defense and then played horrible offense on top of it.   

Who would care if it was a game or two - everybody has off days. But, we're losing so frequently now that it looks like this team has lost all confidence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

I just can't stand watching this CELTICS team any longer.  They absolutely SUCK!!!  For a professional sports team they don't impress me, and I think it's high time DOC got the boot.  Some of his decisions are really baffling.  The core (starting 5) is just plain OLD and starting to look it; every game has been an extreme struggle and they have been playing from behind consistently.  If they were so good, it shouldn't matter what team they're facing, or what injuries they are playing through; they should be winning more, and shouldn't be struggling as bad as they have.  It's one thing to lose, but to get beat in every phase by the ROCKETS is totally embarassing.  It's one thing to be losing to ELITE teams, but look at who the CELTICS have lost to in the past couple of weeks.  Gotta love the trades DA made.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Tonite the starters forgot what Celtic Pride means
    What a sorry effort against a weak Houston team