Celtics 105 Heat 88

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Celtics 105 Heat 88

That is a very optimistic view, but I still believe that the Celtics will win tonight.
    I do agree that the officials and this new technical rule will have an influence on the outcome of the games this season.  I was hoping that the players union, (or whatever it is called in the NBA), would have stepped in and done something about this new rule, which I believe will be detrimental to the NBA season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

lots of interesting dynamics going on tonight. if and when the refs start jerking the celtics around on the celtics homecourt, it will be very interesting to see how the crowd reacts. which game will stern attend? hopefully, golden lebron's rather than golden kobe's.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Fury, I agree with your assessment. The caveat to the assessment however, is that it will also depend on how closely the game is called. Calling style will either limit the Celtics defensive capabilities or allow it to function more effectively. 

Examples of close calling - game one and game two of the NBA finals.
    Also a few games this pre-season.

Examples of normal calling - every other game in the play-offs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The C's lack Perk and West and the Heat are lacking Mike Miller. It should be a very emotional game with a playoff type atmosphere. I look forward to it as we all are. My prediction: 102-94 Celtics victory.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics 105 Heat 88:
    [QUOTE]Stern sent the refs a memo....tonight, let them play don't imposed my deciding factor new rules . Wait and use it later. The whole world are watching. We can't use it now.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that you've seen the memo? Wait... I know, you're Stern's secretary.

HAHAHA!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Predictions are for gamblers.  As long as we win by one point, who cares?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I see the Heat taking a bit of time to gel meaning we win this one 98-94.  And for the record I dont see the Heat being held to under 90 pts all year.  Too many weapons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Predictions are for gamblers.  As long as we win by one point, who cares?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The odds makers in Vegas gave Boston +1.5. I can't believe it, Celtics have home court advantage but they still get +1.5. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I see the Heat taking a bit of time to gel meaning we win this one 98-94.  And for the record I dont see the Heat being held to under 90 pts all year.  Too many weapons.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Too many weapons like James Jones, Carlos Arroyo, Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, etc. 

HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Close game for awhile but as soon as the C's go to their bench...game over. The Fake Big 3 will have to play extended minutes to get this win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Close game for awhile but as soon as the C's go to their bench...game over. The Fake Big 3 will have to play extended minutes to get this win.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

The Heat have a Big 4, you didn't include Juwan Howard. He was an All-Star in 1996 and 3rd team All-NBA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

pat riley has had much success in the nba, and appears aligned for much? more. just not tonight and not this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Fake Big 3 lmao.. Lebron copies everyone in the league from his sissy "look at me, im important" powder routine to the Big 3 BS.

Now he's wearing #6 out of respect for MJ? Big Russ ought to come to tonights game wearing his old jersey so Lebron gets an extra loud chorus of boo's. If theres anybody in NBA history thats due respect as a legend of the game, its Bill Russell, you little punk.

Shaq & JO bury the HEat down low. Chalmers I think is out for the game. The fake big 3 will need to play mega minutes to keep the Heat bench from going against ours.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Goldenbabies vs the real big three. Beat the HEAT!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics 105 Heat 88 : Too many weapons like James Jones, Carlos Arroyo, Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, etc.  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    and two of the best 3 players in the world along with a top 3 PF in the league

have fun stopping them

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics 105 Heat 88 : and two of the best 3 players in the world along with a top 3 PF in the league have fun stopping them
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Well, according to you, we just have to stop everyone else!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics 105 Heat 88 : and two of the best 3 players in the world along with a top 3 PF in the league have fun stopping them
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

First off, bosh is a sissy girl when he plays KG, so hes nothing.

Celts will have fun stopping Lebron like they have in the past 2 of 3 years in the playoffs, where Lebron is shooting under 40% against Bostons Defense. Wade is another story but Im counting on Lebrons ball hogging to neutralize him.

Hope you can still feel the excitement about the Heat after they get spanked by the real BIG 3

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4677486/turned-on-its-head

can we count the above among the many interesting subplots tonight?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Everyone's drooling over the prospect of this Heat team.  People are already talking about their overall record:  Will they break the Bulls record of 72 wins?

Please.  They haven't played one minute together yet in an actual game.  Nothing more than prognostication.  Heat are about to run into the best team in the NBA.

Celtics by 11 in a game that actually does mean something. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I win the bottle of Hennessey tonight. Celtics won by 8 pts. A few others were close, but no cigar or bottle of Hennessey cognac.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone's drooling over the prospect of this Heat team.  People are already talking about their overall record:  Will they break the Bulls record of 72 wins? Please.  They haven't played one minute together yet in an actual game.  Nothing more than prognostication.  Heat are about to run into the best team in the NBA. Celtics by 11 in a game that actually does mean something. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Said it here before, they'll get better. Boston kept them in the game with turnovers. However once Miami get's it's act together it'll be tough times for the East. That may not even happen this year, but in year two, they'll be firing.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics 105 Heat 88 : I agree. If the three of them can share the ball and add the right parts they will be a powerhouse for a few years. I don't think they have those pieces this year, but they will get better. I don't think this game means that much in the grand scheme. There was sloppy play on both sides, turnovers on both sides and both teams were missing a key role player. I look forward to the matchups later in the season.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

You won't have to wait long, in two weeks the Celtics will play the Heat again in Miami.