Just a thought.....

PG - Rondo, Pressey
    SG - Brooks, Bradley, Lee, Crawford
     SF - Green, Wallace, Bogans
    PF - Olynyk, Bass
    C -  Sullinger, Humphries, Melo,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: Celtics 2013 rotation

that's a lottery team if i've ever seen one. let's go ping pong balls!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just a thought.....

PG - Rondo, Pressey
    PF - Olynyk, Bass

If youre gonna go this route, might as well out KO at center and Sully back at PF. But i like Brooks starting off. He's gonna be a beast.

[/QUOTE]

i think brooks would be better suited coming off the bench. a spot up shooter like bradley or lee would be better since rondo will be doing all of the creating. brooks isn't a spot up shooter, he will come off the bench and create his own shot to give the 2nd unit an offensive weapon.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Just a thought.....

PG - Rondo, Pressey
    PF - Olynyk, Bass

Rondo - Bradley - Pressey

Lee - Brooks - Crawford

Green - Wallace - Joseph

Bass - Sully - Oly

Hump - Randolph - Iverson/Faverini

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Just a thought.....

PG - Rondo, Pressey
    PF - Olynyk, Bass

I think three of those players won't even be on the roster come day one of pre-season.

maybe 4 or more.

this current roster is just a work in progress.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You guys don't get it.... Melo is our ticket to the lottery. Forget Big Ticket, I want the lottery ticket!

If we keep this roster as-is. Starting Melo and Crawford would absolutely get us to the bottom. Though, potentially an investigation from the league office.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Good post, at least you are thinking, let us keep hoping for better players or a great draft in 14.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think Crawford is on the team

I do think Iverson is on he team

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo does not get back unitl late December.  Pressey plays point in the mean time and struggles.  Without a proper point guard, the Celts struggle.  Brad Stevens chalks in Melo for 10 mins/game.  Rondo comes back and the team still struggles while everybody is try to adjust to each other.  In the last 3rd. of the season it all starts to settle down and the Celts play better than 50% ball.  Things start looking positive for next year and the Celts drop deep into the lottery.  Danny finds a taker for Gerald Wallace, the Celts end up with Andrew Wiggins.  KO becomes a monster offensive player and Rondo hits 50% of his 3-point attempts.  The Nets win the championship and LeBron opts out of his deal.  Cleveland struggles with injuries and LeBron ponders the choice between Cleveland and Boston and .....

Just let me know when I should stop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Stop before you send Lebron to Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Celtic strategy for 2013:

1. Create fan interest with the new players and a new coach.

2. Let Rondo set stat records to continue fan interest and improve his trade value.

3. Trade Rondo for the best deal available at the trade deadline.

4. After the trade deadline, the Celtics tank (but fine a good reason why they are not tanking) to allow lottery picks.

5. Rondo leads league in assists, steals and rebounds. He will be an All star. Fans need a good distraction during rebuilding.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Rotation?

We don't even know what the roster will look like on opening night.

Wallace and Humphries are on the trading block.

Rondo might not be ready to play at the start of the season.

Wallace and Humphries may be on the trading block but who wants them?  Answer: NOBODY!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Ok, assuming our current roster is the same as what we'll have one opening night AND everyone is healthy:

PG Rondo, Pressey

SG BRADLEY, Brooks- I love Brooks, too.  But AB is a lock-down defender.  If Rondo isn't ready to go for the opener, I wouldn't mind seeing AB start at pg and Brooks start at sg.

SF Green, Wallace- I'd prefer that the C's trade Wallace before the season.  However, sounds like that could be a tall order.  If they fail to trade him, I think he could thrive in a role coming off the bench.

PF Sullinger, Humphries- Like Green and Wallace, this is another not-too-shabby combo.  This could be a breakout year for Sullinger.  And Humphries has always had lots of potential, wouldn't surprise me to see him play well off the bench,

C [Here's why we're lottery bound] Melo, Olynyk.  Yeah- Melo, then The KO Clinic.  Expect to see Olynyk play twice as many minutes.  I realize that Melo is terrible, but let him start the game with AB and hope we can set the tone defensively.  Rondo, AB, Green, Sullinger, and Melo maybe clank us right into last place, but they do have the defensive ablility to at least make the games fun to watch.

This summer I'm hoping to see the C's part way with Bass and Lee more than Humphries and Wallace.  Bass and Lee aren't just bad, but they're becoming pretty stale, boring. 

I know I'm the minority in this chat as I've prayed all along that the C's could sign Oden for cheap and start him.  Send him out there with the starting unit and then let Olynyk come in and finish the game until he's back in game shape.

And last but not least, as we all expect a big prize coming from next year's draft.  Keep in mind that the Top 4 projected picks next year are 2 SF's and 2 PF's.  I know about you but I like Sully, KO, and Green a lot and I'm not in a big hurry to replace them.  Give me a young Center like Oden who can rebound and protect the rim and I'm happy watching everyone else grow aside big basketball brain Brad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

Ok, assuming our current roster is the same as what we'll have one opening night AND everyone is healthy:

PG Rondo, Pressey

SG BRADLEY, Brooks- I love Brooks, too.  But AB is a lock-down defender.  If Rondo isn't ready to go for the opener, I wouldn't mind seeing AB start at pg and Brooks start at sg.

SF Green, Wallace- I'd prefer that the C's trade Wallace before the season.  However, sounds like that could be a tall order.  If they fail to trade him, I think he could thrive in a role coming off the bench.

PF Sullinger, Humphries- Like Green and Wallace, this is another not-too-shabby combo.  This could be a breakout year for Sullinger.  And Humphries has always had lots of potential, wouldn't surprise me to see him play well off the bench,

C [Here's why we're lottery bound] Melo, Olynyk.  Yeah- Melo, then The KO Clinic.  Expect to see Olynyk play twice as many minutes.  I realize that Melo is terrible, but let him start the game with AB and hope we can set the tone defensively.  Rondo, AB, Green, Sullinger, and Melo maybe clank us right into last place, but they do have the defensive ablility to at least make the games fun to watch.

This summer I'm hoping to see the C's part way with Bass and Lee more than Humphries and Wallace.  Bass and Lee aren't just bad, but they're becoming pretty stale, boring. 

I know I'm the minority in this chat as I've prayed all along that the C's could sign Oden for cheap and start him.  Send him out there with the starting unit and then let Olynyk come in and finish the game until he's back in game shape.

And last but not least, as we all expect a big prize coming from next year's draft.  Keep in mind that the Top 4 projected picks next year are 2 SF's and 2 PF's.  I know about you but I like Sully, KO, and Green a lot and I'm not in a big hurry to replace them.  Give me a young Center like Oden who can rebound and protect the rim and I'm happy watching everyone else grow aside big basketball brain Brad.

I think many of us would love to give Oden a chance but there is no way he is chooses the Celts over the Heat or Cavs.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Updated....

PG - Rondo, Pressey
    PF - Olynyk, Sullinger, Bass
    C -  Faverani, Humphries, Melo,

21. This post has been removed.