Celtics and Lakers headed in opposite directions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

Re: Celtics and Lakers headed in opposite directions

In response to cabutan's comment:

good thread! specially when trolls are starting to show up!!!  LA is really REALLY stuck..no assets and no picks.. straight to the grave..

Careful not to gloat.  Remember everyone was saying that about the Celtic's until Danny pulled off the Garnett/Ray Allen miracle.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to newbill's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

good thread! specially when trolls are starting to show up!!!  LA is really REALLY stuck..no assets and no picks.. straight to the grave..

Careful not to gloat.  Remember everyone was saying that about the Celtic's until Danny pulled off the Garnett/Ray Allen miracle.

There will be no miracles as long as Jimmy Buss is calling the shots for the Lakers.

Once again, that was being said about Ainge before the moves.  Believe me there is no bigger Celtic's fan, but don't sell the competion short.  A lot can happen over the next few years.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

and remember - the celts will probably have a few lottery picks of their own and next yr is a big draft yr

I can see Rondo going in a trade in the next few yrears - although he is my favorite player to watch in the NbA -  only problem with him is that he has failed to develop a mid range jumper -if he does he might be untouchable-  but if Danny sees a situation he should go for it - by the time thy have a true shot - he might be too old or injured

I will miss PP and KG - love them- will root for them at Brooklyn - especially against Knicks and Heat - i too think the Nets run has only a few years in this group and the later picks could be lottery - if all luck breaks therir way - they could ahve 2 lottery pickes in one yr.

Who knows if it will work out - but DA is playing it smart

i am not one to just say go out and get all all stars to get a champ - i like the building process and when it wins - it is very very rewarding - sort of like the Pats - except the PAts r there every year
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newbill. Show newbill's posts

In response to newbill's comment:

Once again, that was being said about Ainge before the moves.  Believe me there is no bigger Celtic's fan, but don't sell the competion short.  A lot can happen over the next few years.

You're missing the point. 

Ainge is not incompetent, even before the moves.

But Jimmy Buss is 100% incompetent.

The solution is removing Jimmy and replacing him with Phil Jackson. Until that happens, the Lakers are 100% hopeless.

I'm not missing the point.  I said a lot can happen in the next few years.  By that time front offices, players, motivations and situations change. 

That's all...Do you remember what was being said about Danny and his capabilities?  Stupid trades, drafts and overall moves.  Many were calling for his head after the first few years, but things changed.

I agree, it looks like we're moving in the right direction but that does not mean the Lakers will be down forever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

and remember - the celts will probably have a few lottery picks of their own and next yr is a big draft yr

I can see Rondo going in a trade in the next few yrears - although he is my favorite player to watch in the NbA -  only problem with him is that he has failed to develop a mid range jumper -if he does he might be untouchable-  but if Danny sees a situation he should go for it - by the time thy have a true shot - he might be too old or injured

I will miss PP and KG - love them- will root for them at Brooklyn - especially against Knicks and Heat - i too think the Nets run has only a few years in this group and the later picks could be lottery - if all luck breaks therir way - they could ahve 2 lottery pickes in one yr.

Who knows if it will work out - but DA is playing it smart

i am not one to just say go out and get all all stars to get a champ - i like the building process and when it wins - it is very very rewarding - sort of like the Pats - except the PAts r there every year
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

Rondo's mid-range jumper and FTs improved last season.

The only lacking in Rondo's game is the 3pt shot.

[/QUOTE]

Danny Ainge has the assets to make a big 2007 like move. When it happens could be any time.  It will happen.  He will not rebuild with these assets.  It will be when the time allows for maximum change of personnel. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

The Celtics are now the laughingstock of the NBA. LAST PLACE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! All you need now is ML Carr or Rick Patino and you're right back to the early '90s. At least 25 years in the wilderness. Again. In the end of the day, Garnett and Allen didn't give a s*** about Boston. And neither did your beloved coach. The Lakers are a proven winner decade after decade with no real appreciable gap in titles. They will be back real quick. This is Hollywood for Christ's sake. Everyone wants to be here. If it ain't Howard, it will be someone else. All Boston has now is a lineup of the Keystone Kops. HAHAHAHAHAAHA. To think that the Cs will get 18 before the Lakers is ludicrous. You all thought you'd get multiple titles with the big 3 and it blew up in your faces, instead the Lakers won multiple titles in the same period. HAHAHAHAHA.

I feel your pain my friend. First, Howard is bolting on you (so sad.) Kobe has enough in the tank to get you an 8th seed, but even if you drop to the lottery you have no picks. Thanks Jimmmmyyy!!  Salary tied up in players like MWP and Gasoft. So free agents are out. No, gonna be hard to get good soon if you are L.A. 

The Celtics on the other hand now have 8 first round picks over the next five years. The nets are aging and it's a good chance their is a lottery pick there in one of those three picks. We will have a lottery ticket of our own in one of the deepest lotteries ever. next year.

We have young assets in players like Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green. Marshawn brooks and of course Rondo, that teams will trade for.

No with that many assets, the Celtics will reload very quickly.  

Sadly. the lakers are about to experience 20 years in the wilderness. So, sorry for your pain my friend. 

Let me taste your tears.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Rondo shot .645 from the stripe, that is just a notch above his career average, and slightly below his first year. That is hardly an improvement, and no way it is not a weakness any more.

His midrange shoting problem can be called fixed, when he makes other teams pay letting him shot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rondo shot .645 from the stripe, that is just a notch above his career average, and slightly below his first year. That is hardly an improvement, and no way it is not a weakness any more.

His midrange shoting problem can be called fixed, when he makes other teams pay letting him shot.

[/QUOTE]

He did. He was the most accurate midrange shooting pg in the league. Better than D-williams, Cp3,  Tony Parker etc..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

He did. He was the most accurate midrange shooting pg in the league. Better than D-williams, Cp3,  Tony Parker etc..

No, he didn't, cause he doesn't shot enough, simple. It is not enough to shoot high percentage while beeing unguarded. You have to score, to either a) beat the other team by scoring huge numbers or b) force them to guard you closely to open room for your teammates or own penetrations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

[QUOTE]

No, he didn't, cause he doesn't shot enough, simple. It is not enough to shoot high percentage while beeing unguarded. You have to score, to either a) beat the other team by scoring huge numbers or b) force them to guard you closely to open room for your teammates or own penetrations.

[/QUOTE]

He shot a realtively high volume from the midrange as well. Averaged about 2-3 a game. He should have shot more, but he was shooting over 50% from the midrange.

Rondo loves to pass, that's his high. The same way Kobe loves to score 40. Could he shoot more sure. Should he have shot more sure. But his midrange game was highly accurate last year taking a fair amount of shots. That's a fact. 

Also. lebron James was very very effective form the midrange and 3 point line this year. What did the spurs do? they backed off him and said shoot.  Because even if he is hitting it, lebron shooting jumpers is better than anything else.

With Rondo's speed, most teams prefer him to shoot. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

"which direction?" Lakers management asks....HAAAAA..I give ZERO hopes to LA..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

LA has a huge advantage over Boston in attracking FA's. Besides if the Nets contend the next seasons our picks will be in the 20's, same with the Clippers pick. Wallace's contract is 30 million for the next 3 seasons. Does Ainge plan to rebuild around Rondo? He has shown many times he is not a building block.

Our future is murky. It could turn out good but there are a lot of ifs. Is there another GM out there who's willing to help Ainge out like with KG? So there's no need to be smug right now. We could be in for another 20 year drought or we could be contenders again in 5, nobody knows, including Ainge. Just keeping it real.

Keeping it real?

You think this is the end of the hunt for Ainge? The guy is just getting started, methinks.

He gets rid aging, rapidly depreciating assets by turning them over for young assets and that most valuable of all commodities, first round picks.

He got rid of a head coach who was overpaid and didn't want to be here, and in the process got another first rounder.

He sees what's on the horizon and wants to go there, and better yet, knows how to do it!

In the process, it's not like he traded out those aging assets for a bunch of stiffs. There's some good basketball talent there. Who's to say a change of scene won't benefit any one of them? Who's to say Ainge won't parlay some of this talent in to more futures, especially next February, as the trade deadline looms, and contending teams everywhere are looking for possible help?

Besides, the window for the Nets is very small. After that window closes, where do you think they'll end up?

No, Ainge is no dummy. He knows what he's doing, despite what his detractors here and elsewhere claim.

He knew what he was doing in bringing together the Second Coming of the Big Three, and he knows what he's doing now.

This is going to get a lot more interesting, trust me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerGroupie. Show LakerGroupie's posts

It might be 30 years before my Lakers win another championship but at least we had stellar cuties like Sasha, Morrison just to name a few. Buss still lives

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

LA has a huge advantage over Boston in attracking FA's. Besides if the Nets contend the next seasons our picks will be in the 20's, same with the Clippers pick. Wallace's contract is 30 million for the next 3 seasons. Does Ainge plan to rebuild around Rondo? He has shown many times he is not a building block.

Our future is murky. It could turn out good but there are a lot of ifs. Is there another GM out there who's willing to help Ainge out like with KG? So there's no need to be smug right now. We could be in for another 20 year drought or we could be contenders again in 5, nobody knows, including Ainge. Just keeping it real.

Dont forget. in 2 years garnet and Pierce will be retired,so the nets next 2 1st round picks belongs to the celtics.How good the nets will be 2 years from now? Ihave a feeling the picks will be lottery ones.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i like the picks we are accumulating, we need to try to trade Wallace tho, contract is too big for what we are trying to do..

idk why people think we will be in the lottery next year. Rondo, Ab, JG, and Sully? we are still too good to be in the lottery. If Danny really wants to be in the lottery he will have to trade Rondo.

Dont trade hondo now.Too much trade value.Dont forget,We are tanking.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

The Lakers traded 4 draft picks for Steve Nash.

Celtics got 3 1st round picks for KG and Pierce and 1 more 1st rounder for Doc's release.

While the Celts will be starting the rebuild next season, the Lakers will still try to go after another championship next season.

So who will get their 18th championship first?

With the new CBA, my money is on the Celtics.

And this board will be somewhat troll free for years to come. 

Oh boy, this is going to be fun!  First of all, when has DA built a championship team through the draft?  Answer--->never.  The C's have been competitive though Veteran leadership.  I doubt Kevin McHale is going to be throwing DA another bone anytime soon.  Having a bunch of draft picks is nice, but they have to be translated to talent that can play and win on a consistent basis.  To think the Nets are going to be taking anytime soon is a pipe dream!  Both KG and Pierce could play another 3 years easy if they move to the bench in that third year.  Where else can they earn a living making that kind of money playing a game they love?  Answer---> nowhere.  As for the Lakers, I love all the ragging on Kupchak and how this team is heading straight into the abyss.  To put things into perspective let's look at Kupchak's accomplishments.  Assembled teams that went to 3 straight Finals winning 3 straight, another Final appearance and a loss, then another run with 3 straight Final appearances winning 2 straight.  Let's see, that's 7 Final appearances with 5 titles in 13 years.  Lakers fans have all the confidence in Kupchak and his abilities to build a championship team regardless of all the nonsense you read.  It's going to be fun watching how this plays out. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.