Celtics are not the same as lasy year: NO THIBODEAU AND NO PERKINS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

Celtics are not the same as lasy year: NO THIBODEAU AND NO PERKINS

It's false comfort thinking that because last years 50-32 team became hot during the playoffs, this team will replicate that and go once again on a similar run.

First there's a good chance if they get to the finals and Lakers get to the finals that they would play a game 7 against the Lakers. As good as the Celtics were last year.... (and you think immobile Shaq is gonna make them better over a 7 foot magnificent defender and court spacer in Rasheed who was the best Celtic in game 7, and Perkins who was the one who provided most of that grittiness?).... they still lost against a Lakers team that's probably not as good as this year's Lakers with Artest finally learning the offense, a better bench and a healthy Bynum (granting he's still healthy by then).

But the most important reason is that they don't have the BEST coach in the NBA managing and directing their defense.

Seriously, how ridiculous is that the Bulls suddenly and without any major moves (forget about Boozer he's not that good and he has been injured all the time) became a serious championship contender from a mediocre Eastern conference playoff hopeful?. And that statistically they have by far the best defense without good defenders aside from Noah?.

That's what the Celtics lost and I figure they will notice it once they need that type of defense to take over a game.

But some people might say that they still have Doc and that Frank who was once a decent NBA coach is now directing the defense. Really?, what was Doc's achievements prior to hiring Thibodeau as his top assistant?, COY, that's mostly a feel good prize given to teams that surpass expectations during a given season. How did he look in Boston prior to being given 3 HOFers and a very balanced and complete roster (unlike what Miami has nowadays?).

I might very well be wrong, but after months of reading all these discussions I was wondering why this question or observation was never brought up to the table.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Celtics are not the same as lasy year: NO THIBODEAU AND NO PERKINS

In Response to Celtics are not the same as lasy year: NO THIBODEAU AND NO PERKINS:
    [QUOTE]It's false comfort thinking that because last years 50-32 team became hot during the playoffs, this team will replicate that and go once again on a similar run. First there's a good chance if they get to the finals and Lakers get to the finals that they would play a game 7 against the Lakers. As good as the Celtics were last year.... (and you think immobile Shaq is gonna make them better over a 7 foot magnificent defender and court spacer in Rasheed who was the best Celtic in game 7, and Perkins who was the one who provided most of that grittiness?).... they still lost against a Lakers team that's probably not as good as this year's Lakers with Artest finally learning the offense, a better bench and a healthy Bynum (granting he's still healthy by then). But the most important reason is that they don't have the BEST coach in the NBA managing and directing their defense. Seriously, how ridiculous is that the Bulls suddenly and without any major moves (forget about Boozer he's not that good and he has been injured all the time) became a serious championship contender from a mediocre Eastern conference playoff hopeful?. And that statistically they have by far the best defense without good defenders aside from Noah?. That's what the Celtics lost and I figure they will notice it once they need that type of defense to take over a game. But some people might say that they still have Doc and that Frank who was once a decent NBA coach is now directing the defense. Really?, what was Doc's achievements prior to hiring Thibodeau as his top assistant?, COY, that's mostly a feel good prize given to teams that surpass expectations during a given season. How did he look in Boston prior to being given 3 HOFers and a very balanced and complete roster (unlike what Miami has nowadays?). I might very well be wrong, but after months of reading all these discussions I was wondering why this question or observation was never brought up to the table.
    Posted by DavidB1[/QUOTE]

So the Cs defense is at worst as good as last year and they had the best defense in the league without Perkins.....hmm...

How is it that the Bulls got better and ignore they got one of the best power forwards in the league?  And drafted Rose #1 overall, drafted Deng #9 overall, drafted Noah #10 overall? and so on............ well I guess if you keep getting draft picks in the lottery and then oh by the way get a good coach you are all of a sudden good that is some sort of surprise?  Ignore adding Boozer, like ignore adding KG.... lmao.....  please stop the nonsense.  They have the MVP - he was drafted first overall and has worked tirelessly to get better, the Cs point guard works on roller skating in the offseason, Rose has worked on shooting and has become a very good shooter.