Celtics at Bucks - Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics at Bucks - Game Thread

I rarely start these and I hope someone else takes on that role most of the time.

Celts at a critical point because they have a chance to get to a virtual tie with Philly.  Bucks will give us trouble because their strength (guard scoring with Ellis and Jennings) is our weakness (Ray and Rondo don't play great on ball defense).  That causes the bigs to have to switch and leaves us vulnerable to offensive rebounds and easy scores.

Celts will need to focus tonight to pull out this win at home.  Fans in Milwaukee will be excited to see Ellis and he'll be focused on winning for his new fans.

I predict we get behind early and come back late in the game to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Celtics at Bucks - Game Thread

Thanks Celtsfan.

This game is critical.  We need this going into Philly tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Their bigs are playing outstanding lately, we'll need another superb KG.
    Despite Danny's ineptitude of getting a serviceable big I believe we can win the Atlantic, allthough it will be a 3-way race till the finish.
    Go C's!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

We got away with goaltending. Would the refs be favorable towards us tonight?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Our Captain needs to step up and exploit his match-up with Delfino. He needs to carry us again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sometimes Paul is SO careless with the ball. Its almost funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

for anyone that hasnt heard already, Doc confirmed the Hollins signing..said he could suit up tomoro in philly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like our early energy on offense.  We gotta give these guys some resistence on defense, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Ray is getting heavily exploited of the dribble so far..ROndo and Ray are sharing defensive responsibilities, guarding each one, and whoever has Ray is going straight to the basket..luckily Kevin is active down low tonight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics at Bucks - Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Ray is getting heavily exploited of the dribble so far..ROndo and Ray are sharing defensive responsibilities, guarding each one, and whoever has Ray is going straight to the basket..luckily Kevin is active down low tonight
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

We're watching a different game.   Ray is a bad defensive player but the real problem (not a big one, yet) has been their big guys getting open.  Our bigs have been wandering too much and getting beat back door.   Paul's man just spun on him a minute ago and KG fouled him. How is that Ray or Rondo's fault?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Would Doc play JJJ tonight? He can't keep draining KG and Bass, can he?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Ray is getting heavily exploited of the dribble so far..ROndo and Ray are sharing defensive responsibilities, guarding each one, and whoever has Ray is going straight to the basket..luckily Kevin is active down low tonight
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

But...its true that this will be a challenge as the game goes on because the Bucks have two VERY good offensive guards in Jennings and Ellis.  I expect an explosion in points from Ellis.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Where are the Buck fans and who'd they play to win 6 straight? They don't look that good but NO fans!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics at Bucks - Game Thread : We're watching a different game.   Ray is a bad defensive player but the real problem (not a big one, yet) has been their big guys getting open.  Our bigs have been wandering too much and getting beat back door.   Paul's man just spun on him a minute ago and KG fouled him. How is that Ray or Rondo's fault?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

well yea, the guards are driving to the basket, so one of our big men have to help. once the big man leaves it leaves the opposing big man wide open..

it was more of a problem in the first 4 or so minutes..i actually think we have tightened up and are playing pretty good D.

love the pep in CPP's step.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Crap here comes Dooling... Cry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

RONDOOOO!!!!!

doesnt count tho.

LOVE the AB-Rondo backcourt.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe someone here said if the Bucks offered Ilyasova for JJJ the Celts should turn down the Bucks. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Who said that?! I'd give JJJ, Moore, Dooling, JO and a first!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sometimes, the reason the other team scores a lot is because you score a lot and give them more possessions. That's happening here.  They play horrible D, we keep scoring and running (which I love) and they just try to outscore us.  They look like the old Phoenix, Denver, or Golden State teams......just run and try make it a track meet.

We should beat these guys!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

When was the last time we scored 35 in 1st qtr?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics at Bucks - Game Thread : You said I was 40-50 years old. Where did you get that info? I never told anybody my age here.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Foot in mouth

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Crap here comes Dooling...
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

hahahaha i was thinking the same thing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We'll score over a 100 the way these guys play D.  They are truly just running at all costs.  Just a few key defensive stops will hurt these guys.   As a fan, I'm sure they are fun to watch, but the key to beating them is clear.