Celtics Better Show-Up To Play Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Celtics Better Show-Up To Play Orlando

If we get the calls they got in orlando it will be no sweat.  Dwight will have five fouls midway through the third.

Seriously though, I didnt' think orlando played that well last night.  Hido is already looking burned out.  Just minn couldnt' throw the ball in the ocean.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Knowing the Celts, they seem to get up for these games.  They have in the past (Spurs, Miami twice) so even if they lost, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Cole-ely, you're right - can't measure a team's performance when playing Minn.  They are the second worse team in the league and easy for everyone to beat so they are not a measure of how well Orlando's playing.  However, J-Rich was the key to that trade for them.  Why Phoenix would trade their leading scorer is beyond me.  He's a monster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Right now, ORL scares me more than MIA or lal.  I reserve the right to change my mind, but I agree with Celtsfan4life..................J-Rich is a huge matchup problem for us (and everyone), then they also have Reddick and Arenas....YIKES!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Celtics are going to beat this team at home, with KG back for his first post-injury game.  But there's no way the C's get the benefit of the calls...last several games, everytime Shaq, Semi, or Baby gets close to an opponent, the refs are blowing the whistle.  Howard will not foul out of that game: By the fourth quarter, he'll have two, maybe three fouls. 

Celtics by 12, without the benefit of the calls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Better Show-Up To Play Orlando:
    [QUOTE]Celtics are going to beat this team at home, with KG back for his first post-injury game.  But there's no way the C's get the benefit of the calls...last several games, everytime Shaq, Semi, or Baby gets close to an opponent, the refs are blowing the whistle.  Howard will not foul out of that game: By the fourth quarter, he'll have two, maybe three fouls.  Celtics by 12, without the benefit of the calls.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the calls.  The last game was a very ugly win, with so many of the Celtics in foul trouble.  I would imagine that the same thing could happen tonight.  Having Howard fouling out of the game would be huge, since he has no real backup, but I don't see this happening.  I would imagine that it will be a very close game, and really hope that the Celtics can win, but don't see them winning by more than a few points. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I really don't like KG coming back against such a high profile opponent. I think it has more to do with adding another big against Howard since Shaq and Erden are prone to get in foul trouble. If he's ready to go, he's ready to go. Hopefully Doc keeps his minutes down.

I want to see how Orlando handles Rondo with their new team because remember last time at XMas Rondo sat out.

It should be a good game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree with Bias here.  This is one game and we have our most important player returning.  He needs to go out and not over do it. The stakes are too high.  We have to be ready months from now when it counts.  Look at the Patriots, 14 and 2 and where did that get them?  This is about letting him go out there if he is 100 per cent and still keeping a tight leash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Don't forget Dwight Howard is the dirtiest player in the NBA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Doc said yesterday that Shaq will be a game day decision as to whether he will play or not. He sustained some kind of minor injury that I don't know any details about. Without one of the 2 O'neil's, it's going to be tough to handle Howard. We can't count on Jermaine, so hopefully Shaq will gut up and play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I want to see the C's win, but I'm looking at this game in its proper perspective and I hope Doc does likewise.
    Most likely, KG will start. 
    Shaq's probable, maybe a scratch because of his slipping on the ice yesterday.
    Don't want Doc to work KG and Shaq too much.
    We're only halfway thru the preseason.
    I know it's a statement game, and everything I've written up to now will probably fly out the window at tipoff.
    But May and June is when it gets real.
    Hope all the players surrounding KG and Shaq bring their A game so these 2 can contribute but not overdo it.
    National tv, here we go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm hoping Doc just wants KG's presence tonight to create some fire. If you really look at the schedule after this game the C's should be able to do well against the teams in the next week and a half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Shaq has a strained foot muscle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE] Shaq has a strained foot muscle.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]
    Where did you hear that? I thought it was reported yesterday as an adductor muscle.  If I'm not mistaken, those are the muscles on the inside of the thigh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

@ BiasLewis

Because of the magnitude, nature, and timing of the game, I think Boston really need KG to play against Orlando. Just his physical presence alone means a lot to the team. He inspires the team on offense and defense, and he is also a confidence builder. Rondo and Shaq perform to their peak when KG plays. Besides, he gives the Celtics another option on offense and another big body on defense. So, his presence is always a plus and never a minus. I wish he plays.

Time Will Only Tell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Bias here.  This is one game and we have our most important player returning.  He needs to go out and not over do it. The stakes are too high.  We have to be ready months from now when it counts.  Look at the Patriots, 14 and 2 and where did that get them?  This is about letting him go out there if he is 100 per cent and still keeping a tight leash.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You play the game to WIN, not to "don't over do it".  If he's not healthy, he shouldn't play and they should hold him back until he is healthy.  If he's healthy, he should play to win, 100%.

My understanding is that they've held him back longer than he'd like and they made sure he's healthy.  So, he should go for it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Celtics Better Show-Up To Play Orlando:
    [QUOTE]Anytime Boston is playing Miami or Orlando, it should be a statement game, since either of these three teams is favored to represent the East. So in a game of this magnitude, Boston better show-up and make a statement. We are hoping that KG plays, but regardless, they still need to make a statement whether KG plays or not.  So PP, RR, RA, BBD, Shaq, and the entire bench, you all better show-up and play basketball tomorrow against Orlando. We are up 2-0 against Miami, which is good, but down 1-0 against Orlando. Let's avoid being down 2-0 and instead make it 1-1 Go Celtics. I know you can make it. Bring your play-offs defense and make a big statement.  Don't let us down.                                          Time Will Only Tell
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

The C's have everything to gain and nothing to lose here.  If we lose it we don't have are full team playing, etc, if we win, well that could be a statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

watchin the refs seems to be the norm

lando was good in the 4th but they had some home cookin from the refs

IF the Celts come out flat in the 1st ..gonna be a long nite

IF the Celts keep it close

They MUST play better in the 4th when they are tired and beat up.

I think KG will play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Orlando @ BostonDan CrawfordMichael SmithJames Williams

refs tonite

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celticsfan4life,
    Of course I want to win.  Did the Patriots experience not help make my point though.  KG needs to be with us in May or none of  this means anything!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Your right, look up adductor muscle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This should be a good game but I'm wary of your "statement game" mentality. That's the same mentality that has caused the Celts to get it going for big time games and then lose to teams they have no business losing to. They need to learn to prepare for each game with equal intensity if they want to increase their chances of post season success. 

Ask yourself this: if they scrape out a win tonight and then lose to the Pistons and the Wizards what would that accomplish?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celticsfan4life, Of course I want to win.  Did the Patriots experience not help make my point though.  KG needs to be with us in May or none of  this means anything!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I know you want to win, but you suggest that we should win and that in parallel, KG should not be allowed to go all out.  That's a conflict.  If you want to win, you go all the way to win.  If not, you're just practicing and holding back.....and the other team has a much higher chance of winning the game.

The Patriots experience doesn't prove anything.  We can both develop examples either way.  In 2005, the Colts could have gone undefeated. instead, Dungy pulled back in the last 2 games and didn't play his starters much as he worried about injury.  He lost those two games and combined with the bye week, his starters went 4 weeks without playing a full game.   Of course, they DID NOT win the Superbowl because they lost the first playoff game to the Steelers.  So all of that "conservation" did nothing.  The Patriots went all out to win and they didn't win, either.  So, these examples prove what?  Nothing.  You can go all out and lose and you can conserve and lose.  Might as well go all out and get the home court advantage.  That's my thinking.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I will be shocked if we win this game without Shaq.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i wouldn't put it past the refs to call it tight on the celtics and let the amgic get away with stuff. then in the 3rd or 4th quarter start blowing the whistle for catch ups.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

Keeping my fingers crossed for the boys tonight. They have played with heart and expect them to do well.  I'm proud of them either way.

I want to say that I really enjoy commenting on the Celtics section of this forum and that almost all of you seem like great people here.  I've ventured to the Patriots section at times and find it to be the complete opposite.  To me it feels like a lot of them are very anti-female and pick on everything I say.  You guys are so much nicer here. :)  Thank you.