Celtics clowning again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Celtics clowning again!

These guys are having too much fun. They must all get along pretty well.

Could we be looking at a 68-14 record??

http://www.twitvid.com/YHYWD

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: Celtics clowning again!

In Response to Celtics clowning again!:
    [QUOTE]These guys are having too much fun. They must all get along pretty well. Could we be looking at a 68-14 record?? http://www.twitvid.com/YHYWD
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

In short, no!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I'm sure Miami are jealous!!
    They know this team are lose and no egos.Kiss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let's not go there and predict records a la Rasheed!  But I think Doc realizes now that maybe a better showing in the regular season means more home games in the playoffs.  Not that a group of vets can't win on the road.  I'm wondering if he sits guys on nights when the game is a) well in hand, or b) way out of hand.  We'll see, no predictions from me after witnessing last year.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

68-14? I don't think so, I say we can win in the 50's, maybe come out 3rd in the Eastern Conference behind Miami and Orlando.

Watch out for Atlanta though, they always give us trouble with their athleticism and youth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics clowning again!:
    [QUOTE]Watch out for Atlanta though, they always give us trouble with their athleticism and youth.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

after the way orlando dispatched ATL last year? i'm not so worried about them any more.  horford can't handle howard nor shak nor JON and pachulia is the modern day greg kite minus the rebounding skills. 

chances of jamal crawford being there by the end of the year are also 50%.  he may well be traded away.  and even if he is there, i think delonte can pester him better than we did last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm hoping for 60 wins. 68 wins is a great record and rarely done. Home court advantage is so important. The C's didn't need it during the Eastern conference semi and finals rounds, but I think it would have been the difference in the championship series vs. the Lakers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I guess I'm overly optimistic but weren't the Celtics 27-2 at one point either last year or the year before last? That was with a team that wasn't as deep and didn't have the experience this team has. I know they're older but a deeper team means more rest for the starters and more production from the bench.

I just don't see too many teams beating us in the East with this frontline, I just don't. You're putting Shaq alongside a healthy KG. The intensity KG brings will definately rub off on Shaq. The open looks PP and RA will get will be like practice. They're stacked and only injuries will stop them.

I guess I'm drinking the kool-aid. Sorry but I'm taking the over if the line is 60 wins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics getting 62 wins is not too far-fetched. 

If it's Lakers vs. Celtics again in 2011 most probably Game 1 will be played in Boston. This is due to the fact that Andrew Bynum will at least cost the Lakers 5 games because he decided to watch the World Cup instead of having surgery.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Miami is an unknown quantity, however, if KG is KG again as Doc has implied, then even Miami won't contend against the Cs. Bosh has never played well against a healthy KG, and it will be two against five.

Orlando?

We still have kryptonite.

Chicago?

Noah will also have problems against a healthy KG as always.

Predictions for game are hard. I guess I would like to see a few games before making such a prediction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics clowning again!:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics getting 62 wins is not too far-fetched.  If it's Lakers vs. Celtics again in 2011 most probably Game 1 will be played in Boston. This is due to the fact that Andrew Bynum will at least cost the Lakers 5 games because he decided to watch the World Cup instead of having surgery.  
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

They admittedly tanked games last season and got to 50 with key injuries to 34 and 5.  I think they will admittedly tank games again this season and will pick up 5 games lacking injuries, so I think 55 is probably a good number but I would not be surprised if they got to 60.  They will settle into minutes conservation mode after coming out of the gate strong and then do what they did last year (hopefully minus the injuries).

It is not a fact that Andrew Bynum missing time will cost the Lakers 5 games or cause them to win 5 games.  I love it when people say things like "I think the fact that so and so will happen", facts have already happened - speculation is what you are talking about.  I have been explaining to my 9 year old daughter that if she "should have went" means she did go and what she means is that she "should have gone"..... went - fact, should have - speculation.

There are zero ways to calculate how many games Bynum's surgery will cost them, let alone calling it a fact that it will be 5.