Celtics could have been a contender if Rondo was healthy.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from d-st. Show d-st's posts

Celtics could have been a contender if Rondo was healthy.

Boston Celtics had no chance at going to the finals without Rondo.  If Rondo had been healthy, the Celtics could have won the first round against the Knicks.  But they would still not make it all the way to the Finals, because the Miami Heat is at their prime.  LeBron James will dominate the NBA for the next 5 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Celtics could have been a contender if Rondo was healthy.

STELLA!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to d-st's comment:

Boston Celtics had no chance at going to the finals without Rondo.  If Rondo had been healthy, the Celtics could have won the first round against the Knicks.  But they would still not make it all the way to the Finals, because the Miami Heat is at their prime.  LeBron James will dominate the NBA for the next 5 years.

The Celtics were 20-23 with Rondo...actually even worse. What makes you think we'd even make the playoffs with him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

The Celtics were 20-23 with Rondo...actually even worse. What makes you think we'd even make the playoffs with him?

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

+1? really? celtics are undefeated in first round playoffs with rondo. what makes you think that we wouldn't currently be in contention if we had him? my reasoning here is no less sound than karl's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Captain Obvious to the Rescue!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

+1? really? celtics are undefeated in first round playoffs with rondo. what makes you think that we wouldn't currently be in contention if we had him? my reasoning here is no less sound than karl's.

you call that reasoning?

So based upon that reasoning, had we faced the Heat in 1st round, we'd be favorites.

Whats sound reasoning is the team was playing poorly when Rondo was in the lineup.. poor enough there was a chance we'd even miss the playoffs. Whats sound is in years past, we were a higher seed, which meant easier competition in the first round.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

yeah, seems kind of absurd doesn't it, karl? but no more so than you proposing the 20-23 rondo record wouldn't have improved once bradley and other new pieces had more time to work with rondo on team chemistry. we'll never know. you bellow all you want, we'll see who's running the pg position for the Cs next year and beyond after he gets his knee back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

yeah, seems kind of absurd doesn't it, karl? but no more so than you proposing the 20-23 rondo record wouldn't have improved once bradley and other new pieces had more time to work with rondo on team chemistry. we'll never know. you bellow all you want, we'll see who's running the pg position for the Cs next year and beyond after he gets his knee back.

Bradley was already back..is that what ur hanging ur hat on, the return of AB?

However, the minute Rondo got hurt, the team immediately improved significantly... why didnt the team need more time to work on team chemistry? Ill tell you why, the team chemistry improved markedly once Rondo was out of the lineup.. I think that was obvious 

As parcells said, you are what your record says you are... and with Rondo "leading the team, the annointed leader", we were 20-23.. probably more like 18-23 since we won when he missed a couple games. You can what if and hope and wish but that doesnt change reality

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

However, the minute Rondo got hurt, the team immediately improved significantly... why didnt the team need more time to work on team chemistry? Ill tell you why, the team chemistry improved markedly once Rondo was out of the lineup.. I think that was obvious 

As parcells said, you are what your record says you are... and with Rondo "leading the team, the annointed leader", we were 20-23.. probably more like 18-23 since we won when he missed a couple games. You can what if and hope and wish but that doesnt change reality

Just like you try and pretend you aren't incredibly stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Ever hear of "false positives"?  That pretty much describes the "resurgence", and the team was woefully exposed against the Knicks - a winable series with Rondo (or any other true and quality point).  With Bradley in Wade's head, Green and Bass in LaQueen's, KG neutalizing Bosh, and Lee shadowing RA, no one knows how a Heat series might have gone.  Rondo has proven to rise to the occasion, especially in the playoffs, and no other Celtics guard has done that consistently this year.  This is a pointless argument (no pun intended) because it's all speculation built on false positives without considering point guard needs and level of play in the playoffs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We'd been a contender if we had kept Tony Allen(better defender than Bradley), Nate Robinson( better than all the trash we picked up, Terry, Lee, Williams, Crawford etc.) and had kept Stiemsma( at center until Melo developed or until we got another) & maybe Ray Allen would have stayed with us & we would not have been at a loss not getting Redick and this would have cured our scoring droughts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

read my post again, karl. i said more time to work blah blah. your biased reality of the season's initial 43 games is not the reality of the entire season. your nice little run post-rondo turned into a steaming pile by the time the playoffs arrived. there's some reality for you.

i hope doc leaves. let's get a coach who can strike a bit more fear and loathing into a roster and who takes better advantage of his bench. jeff van gundy, his brother or jerry sloan would all work well with rondo imo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Bradley was back with no preseason. They never had time to build chemisty.

Lee was new, Terry was new, Sullinger was new, and Green was someone he hadn't played with for a long while. Not to mention Green was suffering from fatique.

Rondo gets us by the knicks. I have no question about that. The knicks certainly wouldn't have been able to pressure the ball as they did. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

well, thanks for that insight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

El scrammmo, fellas.

zhyte4brains is back... kickin'azz and takin' names.......

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

No chance for a title, even with a healthy Rondo and Sullinger (although sure, they'd likely have gotten by NY). And that's because Paul Pierce was out of gas by the arrival of the playoffs. The team as constituted this year was not a serious title contender without a Paul Pierce in top form. Pierce has mostly had very good luck with his health over the course of his career, but it could be that lack of conditioning is beginning to manifest itself. Garnett is ripped and lean, and appears to have a greater ability than PP to turn it on in the post season. Course KG is also 7 feet -- that doesn't hurt, either. But Pierce looked really old and slow by the time they had to face the Knicks. Off the top of my head I honestly can't think of a more dramatic drop-off in the effectiveness of a Boston sports star than what we just witnessed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

No chance for a title, even with a healthy Rondo and Sullinger (although sure, they'd likely have gotten by NY). And that's because Paul Pierce was out of gas by the arrival of the playoffs. The team as constituted this year was not a serious title contender without a Paul Pierce in top form. Pierce has mostly had very good luck with his health over the course of his career, but it could be that lack of conditioning is beginning to manifest itself. Garnett is ripped and lean, and appears to have a greater ability than PP to turn it on in the post season. Course KG is also 7 feet -- that doesn't hurt, either. But Pierce looked really old and slow by the time they had to face the Knicks. Off the top of my head I honestly can't think of a more dramatic drop-off in the effectiveness of a Boston sports star than what we just witnessed.

You would think Pierce was 3 years older than KG, by the way they looked against the knicks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You would think Pierce was 3 years older than KG, by the way they looked against the knicks.

Total fumble fingers and fall down spastic at times.

I thought I was looking at the first stages of some sort of neurological disorder.

MS came to mind.

Horrible fine and gross motor coordination.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

El scrammmo, fellas.

Pud

You made up an insulting nickname for me.

and you scour the net looking for pictures of snakes that you can post on boston.com

Do you look out the window before you go to sleep to make sure I am not there?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Total fumble fingers and fall down spastic at times.

I thought I was looking at the first stages of some sort of neurological disorder.

MS came to mind.

Horrible fine and gross motor coordination.

Pud

Hey man its me...zhyte4brains.

Can you minimize your browser and find a pic of a snake?

I am gonna be on for a few more minutes.

Funny joke about Pierce having MS.

Youre awesome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

Why no exclamation points? Aren't you excited anymore?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

El scrammmo, fellas.

Pud

Pud, you got me laughing so hard.... just throwing a little bait out for the dumbbell snake and he jumps all over it.     Hes always an easy mark...ROFL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

El scrammmo, fellas.

Pud

Pud, you got me laughing so hard.... just throwing a little bait out for the dumbbell snake and he jumps all over it.     Hes always an easy mark...ROFL

OMG karl I know!.  R O F L! Oh Em Gee  El Oh El

Karl laughed hard because Pud went to his computer and posted  a picture of a snake and wrote zhyte4brains!

Karl is soooo smart.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I love you three.

you guys knew I was posting as Tomobo.

Right?