Celtics could look to add Yao Ming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Celtics could look to add Yao Ming

Where Yao could land

4:18PM ET

New York and Boston aren't out of the question.

Ankother injury prone player...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: Celtics could look to add Yao Ming

i really don't want any more injury prone players. Youth is the only way to go

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

FIrst Greg Oden, now Yao...  maybe next week  DA should go to the local hospital to scout for players in wheelchairs...

No more older players and no chronically injured players...

Time to turn the page

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

7 footer with a history of microfractures. 
    I don't think so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

haha this could be an interesting pick up..
    just imagine if we sign him for cheap..
    and he stays healthy all season?
    does this sound familiar?
    lol ill let you figure that out..
    but this wouldnt be that bad if we got him cheap
    if it was up to him and oden who would you guys rather have?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No way we add injury-prone Ming.  We need a starting center, not an injury-prone center who will more than likely re-injure himself and be out for the season.  Why would we mysteriously think Ming could stay healthy and play a full season?  I think we learned our lesson with Shaq.

We were fortunate that JON took his rehab serious enough to work with Tim Grover to ensure he'd return but we've just gotten burned by injury-prone players and it's time to move in a different direction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't see anyone else worth signing for the MLE. The Celtics probably should choose between Oden and Ming, and hope to get lucky this time. I would go with Oden because he's more of a rugged inside player. Ming seems too soft and will probably drift towards the perimeter as he gets older. He's a great free throw shooter for someone of his height. That's about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Not out alot out there at center, Yao ming, kwame brown (who had a decent year believe it or not) Greg oden (who has been terrific in the 2 months he has managed to stay on the court) Nazr Mohamaded who isn't young. not much else at least that I saw.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

The number one goal for this team should be not to add more injury prone players. We are already carrying three guys who could break at any time, and Rondo health wise the past 2 years has been a bit worrisome. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics could look to add Yao Ming:
    [QUOTE]No way we add injury-prone Ming.  We need a starting center, not an injury-prone center who will more than likely re-injure himself and be out for the season.  Why would we mysteriously think Ming could stay healthy and play a full season?  I think we learned our lesson with Shaq. We were fortunate that JON took his rehab serious enough to work with Tim Grover to ensure he'd return but we've just gotten burned by injury-prone players and it's time to move in a different direction.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Ming is a bad fit even if he is healthy. Not exactly going to show as doc demands on pick and rolls. 

There's Not alot out there though. At least not a lot of proven commodities. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Sir Winston Churchill

Although much younger than Shaq, he is too injury prone and I would not take a chance on him. Don't wish to be a Monday morning quarterback & say we would have won with Perkins but fact is we went to 7 games in the finals vs. hated Lakers last year with Perkins. We were constantly outrebounded after Perkins trade and in all games vs. Miami except the one we won and I know with Rondo healthy we'd have had more rebounds from him, in my opinion the best rebounding guard in the game, but I do know, as we did not have Shaq for more than a few inadequate minutes that Perkins would have provided more rebounds/and defense too !!!

Need some youth and health under the basket, especially if we stay with the Big 3 another year. Suggestion of Greg Oden is a good one !!!