Celtics Get 10.3m TPE

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Celtics Get 10.3m TPE

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Wow!

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/07/celtics-acquire-very-valuable-103.html

The Celtics acquired a $10.3 million traded player exception as part of the Nets swap. That's an insanely valuable asset for a team that could put itself in position to vault back to contender status -- and remain there -- if it makes the right steps moving forward. 

The trade exception will expire on July 12, 2014, meaning it has to be used soon after the moratorium lifts next summer. But the sign-and-trade options it affords could bring in a star-caliber player. If another team desires to shed salary and head into its own rebuild mode by moving on from a star player, Boston can absorb that talent.

Pretty amazing stuff....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Wow!

The Celtics acquired a $10.3 million traded player exception as part of the Nets swap. That's an insanely valuable asset for a team that could put itself in position to vault back to contender status -- and remain there -- if it makes the right steps moving forward. 

The trade exception will expire on July 12, 2014, meaning it has to be used soon after the moratorium lifts next summer. But the sign-and-trade options it affords could bring in a star-caliber player. If another team desires to shed salary and head into its own rebuild mode by moving on from a star player, Boston can absorb that talent.

Haha ... How'd you miss that Mr Crapologist?

But of course .... that's because you think the only way to rebuild is thru the draft ... Danny can easily acquire a player like Asik now if he wants ... 5-10 yrs of mediocracy?  Wrong again Fungus! Try a complete rebuild within two years ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow!

[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to believe in reincarnation. Were you a punching bag in a previous life?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Wow!

But of course .... that's because you think the only way to rebuild is thru the draft ... Danny can easily acquire a player like Asik now if he wants ... 5-10 yrs of mediocracy?  Wrong again Fungus! Try a complete rebuild within two years ....

you 2 need to stop acting like 2 little school girls

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to stillallbost08's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow!

you 2 need to stop acting like 2 little school girls

[/QUOTE]

I think banning Fierce would go along way in making this board much better for the rest of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

I was wondering why they needed to do a sign and trade for Keith Bogans.  This is why.  NBA GMs need to know not only how to evaluate NBA talents but also how to play the games of salary cap.  Next year, we could be in similar position as the Rockets were in this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4706114/the-secret-gem-in-cs-nets-trade

The creative wizards in the Celtics' front office -- a group helmed by president of basketball operations Danny Ainge, assistant general manager Mike Zarren and director of player personnel Austin Ainge -- were able to structure the Nets deal in such a way that a trade exception was generated for the difference in salaries between Paul Pierce ($15.3 million) and Keith Bogans ($5 million). Understanding exactly how that happened and why it works is enough to make you go cross-eyed. The bottom line is that Boston now has the ability to absorb $10.3 million worth of salary so long as it does so within a one-year window that started with Friday's official consummation of the trade.

At the moment, the trade exception is of little use (though it could potentially be divided into smaller chunks to facilitate a more minor move). By receiving Bogans via sign-and-trade, the Celtics are hard-capped next season, meaning they cannot exceed the luxury tax apron ($75.75 million) at any point during the 2013-14 campaign.

After waiving Kris Joseph on Monday, the Celtics have 14 signed players (including one non-guaranteed deal in Shavlik Randolph) for a total current salary commitment of roughly $71.5 million. The Celtics plan to add more salary, but also desire to stay below the luxury tax threshold of $71.75 million, which could further aid their future efforts by keeping them away from looming repeater rates. There's more roster shuffling ahead this summer.

But by clearing additional cap clog, the Celtics have potential to stomp on the rebuilding accelerator pedal in a year's time, particularly if a young core is nurtured this season. Boston owns two first-round picks next June (its own and Brooklyn's), which will allow it to add to its cluster of low-cost bodies. If the Celtics can free cap room and have the trade exception at their disposal, there's an opportunity to add impact bodies that could thrust them through the transition state.

The trade exception will expire on July 12, 2014, meaning it has to be used soon after the moratorium lifts next summer. But the sign-and-trade options it affords could bring in a star-caliber player. Just check out NBA Reference's player contract register and examine potential options in the $10 million range for the 2014-15 season (or pick two $5 million bodies). If another team desires to shed salary and head into its own rebuild mode by moving on from a star player, Boston can absorb that talent.

Oh yee of little faith in the Celtics' braintrust .... Live and learn .... The train will be leaving the station next summer ... Get your tickets before they are sold out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Danny Ainge is an f ing genius.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think banning Fierce would go along way in making this board much better for the rest of us.

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me idiot. Fierce made an intelligent and informative post and Mployee clearly instigated name calling and bickering. I dont understand why you people hold grudges ...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I think it is time to build a statute to Danny Ainge right now.

No need to wait.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me idiot. Fierce made an intelligent and informative post and Mployee clearly instigated name calling and bickering. I dont understand why you people hold grudges ...

[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute R9R ... I just give him back what he dishes out. If you pay attention you'll see that it's he that attacks every post I make for no reason. He can ignore my post but he has to stick his chest out and claim he's smarter and I'm wrong. I am following his tact of defending myself ... When he is wrong I call him out on it.

So get a grip ... I'm one of the few here that challenges this bully and isn't afraid to go toe to toe with him. Is that what you want .... total domination of these boards by some bully .... Pay attention and wake up and smell the coffee.

Fungus said the C's were dead for 10 yrs if they didn't rebuild thru the draft! I and others refuted that and said Danny could rebuild on the fly and be a contender much quicker like GS or Houston with trades, picks and FA's.

Now Fungus reports an informative piece that also refutes what he's been claiming for months. He s/b called out on it cuz he's been the Debbie Downer of posters claiming we had to get bad in order to get good. Looks like he will be wrong again and I'm pointing it out just as he likes to do ...

BTW ... those aren't Fungus' intelligent and informative words ... He copied and pasted every word except "WOW!"    .... Get It?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

This the best deal Danny ever made. 

After the Mavericks finished off the sweep, Magic Johnson said that the Lakers "embarrassed the organization" and called the fouls on Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum "classless."

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Wow!

Thanks for the Post! This is awesome news!! The Cs have one of the best GM in the business!! 

Go Celtics!! 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see it that way.  Both of these guys make interesting posts.  Then they start acting like babies and out do each other in their silliness.  Neither is worth siding with in this matter.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow!

Thanks for the Post! This is awesome news!! The Cs have one of the best GM in the business!! 

Go Celtics!! 

[/QUOTE]

That's not what he said a month ago ... he called the ownership cheap and selfish!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Stop being an idiot!

If the Celtics acquire Asik using that TPE then the Celts' total salary will reach 78m.

That would make them a team over the tax apron and a repeater tax payer.

How about this, Mployee, I challenge you, if Ainge uses that TPE to go over the tax apron to get a player like Asik, I make a thread about how wrong I was thinking Ainge wouldn't dare go over the tax apron.

But if the Celts end up below the tax apron then you make a thread about how stupid you were thinking the Celts would want to be repeater tax payers.

Deal?

I bet you're going to turn chicken again.

Need to grow a pair?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

You are claiming that if the C's use the TPE for Asik before 7/14/14' they will be over the cap .... Hahahaha .... So you think they will resign Humphries and keep Wallace .... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't see it that way.  Both of these guys make interesting posts.  Then they start acting like babies and out do each other in their silliness.  Neither is worth siding with in this matter.

But look at the whole thread, I just shared what I read then Mployee comes here all guns blazing.

Sure I act like a baby sometimes. But that's because I'm still young.

Mployee said he was almost sent to the Vietnam war. That means he's already in his 60s by now. A man in his 60s acting like a baby?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Wrong yet again!!!!