Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

Frustrated. Unforetuneately, Danny was too greedy and froze on the trigger with Allen. Meanwhile, several competitive teams who are serious about winning, including the Lakers improved their position, So apparently Danny is content to stick with a one and done, or at best, a predictable second round playoff exit. Celtics better get serious FA help For 2013 or we're in for a loooong drought...again. Go Pats and Red Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year

In Response to Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year:
    [QUOTE]Frustrated. Unforetuneately, Danny was too greedy and froze on the trigger with Allen. Meanwhile, several competitive teams who are serious about winning, including the Lakers improved their position, So apparently Danny is content to stick with a one and done, or at best, a predictable second round playoff exit. Celtics better get serious FA help For 2013 or we're in for a loooong drought...again. Go Pats and Red Sox!
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]
    Ainge has to do something more. He would have moved Ray or Paul if he was blowing it up. He has to know he  can get Kaman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Ainge has to do something more. He would have moved Ray or Paul if he was blowing it up. He has to know he  can get Kaman.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but how is he to know he can get Kaman?  There are several others teams waiting in the wings for him so its hardly a sure thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Dissapointing... Team has a chance to be a threat with upgrades, but no movement to make anything happen. Lakers are in a similar position, and they were willing to trade two picks to upgrade their team. Wow!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Dissapointing... Team has a chance to be a threat with upgrades, but no movement to make anything happen. Lakers are in a similar position, and they were willing to trade two picks to upgrade their team. Wow!
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

It really is disappointing.  If Ainge was asking way to much in these talks that tells me he wasnt ever serious... If there is no other pickup going forward, this team doesnt get past the first round.  And whats the point of that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Winners control their own destiny. Too many variables can go wrong if you're on the sidelines with hope in your pocket. I think Ainge was sure the phone would ring at the deadline and that didn't happen either. Pathetic gamble. Poor negotiation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : That's right, Lakers traded all their 1st round picks this year.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

To me, the C's should have been willing to do the same for the right deal. A late 1st is likely only going to bring a marginal talent that will require multipe years to develop. I dont really buy all the this is such a deep draft stuff. There will be talent as always, but the game changers are all going to drafted in the top 10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : That's right, Lakers traded all their 1st round picks this year.

Well that picked up two players that probably are better than theyd get in the draft....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Two words - This sux!

Sure does. The one thing I dont want to hear from Ainge is that we think we can make one more run at it or that teams were trying to steal someone from them by giving too little.... I wont believe a word of it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

No one has any clue as to any of the offers that came to Ainge, so how can you be critical of him not doing anything?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]No one has any clue as to any of the offers that came to Ainge, so how can you be critical of him not doing anything?
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Because its been said several times that Ainge wanted way to much for whatever the deal proposed to them....how do you know otherwise?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Like I said...winners control their own destiny. If Ainge "was waiting for deals to come to him" like he stated publically and you reiterate, and nothing happened, then obviously we have every right to be critical of. Flawed strategy that didn't work.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said...winners control their own destiny. If Ainge "was waiting for deals to come to him" like he stated publically and you reiterate, and nothing happened, then obviously we have every right to be critical of. Flawed strategy that didn't work.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

Exactly, although Ainge and the Cs have not always been honest about things..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Awe man, did you not notice how Rondo shut down Robertson.  Our all star just about made an all star out of Nate.  You can't want better than that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Mea Culpa for copying & pasting this here as I impulsively read the article "Celtics stand pat at Deadline" and started a discussion with this headline and now see a few other Subjects re: the trade/no trade etc.

Ya know...I'm not going to question DA's decision if he does nothing. I'm sure he has spent "mucho " time on the phone discussing deals.  In the past couple of weeks there was mostly talk of a straight up of Rondo for Gasol. Then there was one of not addressing our Center need by getting Monta Ellis for Rondo or Allen & others. Then with Billups out some posters felt maybe the Clippers could replace him with Ray Allen and we could get Andre Jordan. Then, not getting a high scoring Center like Gasol, maybe we could get Gortat or Kaman for Allen but preferably JO, Wilcox(whom I like for next year as he reminds me of Powe and if he were a 6-10 –7 footer, he’d be a banger like Howard) & some others & may a draft pick.  There was talk of Varejao whom I like but he got injured and maybe even the very similar Joakim Noah but Bulls being strong contenders would have asked too much.

Ok, say we do nothing but I truly feel that even if we picked up Gasol, and lost Rondo, and picked up another PG, the chemistry would have suffered as it did with Perkins and if we only got Kaman or Gortat even not giving up Allen, I don’t think we’d have gone beyond the 1st round. So, let’s wait & see if we can get bought out Kaman cheaply or then go after Howard and, if not, hope we can pick up a young center form the draft.  I like keeping our team intact even the old guys who can contribute next year with fewer minutes & coming off the bench.  Bass will be a starter and Pietrus, erratic, but still a keeper, and very important, Green returning could also be a starter. A. Bradley might be a nice combo duo with Rondo.  Stiemsma can continue to improve and will be valuable to continue to play with KG and new center(s) we pick up---getting extra Biggies can’t hurt because I see us strong at all other positions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Because its been said several times that Ainge wanted way to much for whatever the deal proposed to them....how do you know otherwise?
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

people have to understand that yes, our team is currently one big man away from elite. but trading to acquire a big man usually involves players from our current team. all the trade offers i saw were involving rondo, ray, paul, or KG. losing guys takes u down a notch.

if DA can buyout JO (which he wants), then turn around and sign a bought out Kaman (inevitable), thats what you do! why give up a 1st if u dont have to..besides, Kaman already said he wants to play for us.

i think we should wait to see what he does when players are bought out before we freak out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Awe man, did you not notice how Rondo shut down Robertson.  Our all star just about made an all star out of Nate.  You can't want better than that.
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]

whos Robertson? i dont know a Robertson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I fail to understand why JON wants a buyout to go play for another team........isn't  he getting surgery to miss the rest of the year?

I say NO to any buyout for that stiff!!  MAKE him finish the year here!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Because its been said several times that Ainge wanted way to much for whatever the deal proposed to them....how do you know otherwise?
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

It's been reported that he wanted a young talent and a draft pick.  That's what the man thinks Ray is worth.  Who's to say he's not worth that?  No one knows what players or picks were offered, so there is no way to make a fair assesment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : people have to understand that yes, our team is currently one big man away from elite. but trading to acquire a big man usually involves players from our current team. all the trade offers i saw were involving rondo, ray, paul, or KG. losing guys takes u down a notch. if DA can buyout JO (which he wants), then turn around and sign a bought out Kaman (inevitable), thats what you do! why give up a 1st if u dont have to..besides, Kaman already said he wants to play for us. i think we should wait to see what he does when players are bought out before we freak out.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

WOW...there's a echo in here as I share your opinion 100% in my post, albeit much more wordy, mea culpa, above yours !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : WOW...there's a echo in here as I share your opinion 100% in my post, albeit much more rebose, mea culpa, above yours !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Agreed logic dictates that DA knows he can buy out JON and that Chris Kaman will come here. If this does not happen DA has screwed his own team royally.

We need a big man period with Wilcox out. Danny had to get a big man in here and he has to have done it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : It's been reported that he wanted a young talent and a draft pick.  That's what the man thinks Ray is worth.  Who's to say he's not worth that?  No one knows what players or picks were offered, so there is no way to make a fair assesment.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

What he thinks Ray or anyone else is worth obviously no one else felt that thus no deal..... we are talking about a 35 year old guy who brings one thing to the table and not that consistently any longer.... love the guy but at some point, if youre serious about making a deal, you got to be realistic.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics have no cubes nor desire to win this year : Agreed logic dictates that DA knows he can buy out JON and that Chris Kaman will come here. If this does not happen DA has screwed his own team royally. We need a big man period with Wilcox out. Danny had to get a big man in here and he has to have done it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Well I hope youre right that he knows he is going to get Kaman but Ill believe it when I see it!