Celtics/Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Celtics/Lakers

some on this board are worried about facing LA's tough front line without Perk....one question....if Miami (no center to speak of) is 2-0 vs the Lakers...why should we worry? ....if we hadn't had about 4-5 guys unavailable the Celts would probably be 2-0 as well.....Krstic is a legit 7 footer with a nice offensive game....Green was a steal and is going to be part of the youth of this team...Nate was Nate...Perk wasn't going to sign unless he got what he wanted...well he got it..and no way Danny would've offered that contract...so in the end...I think we have a better roster....although I did like Luke and Semih...but I can live with it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Celtics/Lakers

There is no doubt in my mind if we get to the finals in decent health we will beat the Lakers.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

To beat LA you have to shoot at a high percentage and be able to drive to the hole. Pau and Bynum play well till they pick up a few fouls then they seem tenitive. Do to lack of front court help on the bench they seem to be less aggressive. Also Kobe going one on 5 helps too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

And I'm guessing this year if we play them in the finals they might actually CALL some fouls on the lakers.  Maybe even an over-the-back if we're all prayed-up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

With Gasol lack of defensive skills, Kobe ball hogging and a bench that only shows up for lesser games....I don't anticipate the Cs facing them in the finals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Duke,

Your comparing apples and oranges.

Regular season vs. a play-off seven game series
    Kobe vs five to make kobe feel good, and the adjustments that occur to over-come the the Kobe factor in the play-offs
    fast break vs half court in the play-offs.
    The Heat vs. the Lakers and the Celtics vs. the Lakers

Bynum is now healthy but so is KG.

Krstic has been the focus of other teams offensive efforts ever since he has been a Celtic. Certainly the Lakers have more fire power than the Clippers.

In the game last night, the Lakers might have won if they played a team focused game plan using the advantage of their larger, more powerful front line. Instead, Kobe had to play hero ball because he is Kobe. That will not happen consistently in a seven game series. Last night, it was Kobe's ego verses the team that has the other guy with an ego as big as Jupiter. Kobe could not resist.

Kobe lost the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good points all....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Personally, I have never believed that Perk was the reason we lost Game 7. IMO we ran out gas due to age, a short bench (offense), and guys not in prime condition (KG's knee, PP's conditioning).

I also think it will be very difficult for the Celtics to defeat the Lakers in the Finals without Shaq. Size matters inside, and DA is gambling that it will be the Spurs or Mavs in the Finals and not the Lakers. If he's wrong, he'd better have a healthy Shaq or we're gonna have trouble.