Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

Bill who? Oh, the clown who handed KB24 his MVP trophy. I heard he did well in a league of 9 teams, no free agency, a very limited league etc etc etc. Good for him. However, we have a world wide league with the best players globally available, a 3pt shot, 24 second clock, salary cap....all the the things that make it so hard to win a championship compared to the 'limited league'.

BTW, if it's easier to win titles in the modern era....how come beantown can't even go back to back??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

Wrong, wrong, wrong, how do you explain the huge difference in free throws. Every time anybody touched Kobe it was a foul, and Pierce and Rondo nearly had there arms taken off with some of the wacks Bynum and Gasol were giving them. The Celtics were the better team, and played better other than game 1. The refs lost the series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgb52. Show dgb52's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    [QUOTE]Wrong, wrong, wrong, how do you explain the huge difference in free throws. Every time anybody touched Kobe it was a foul, and Pierce and Rondo nearly had there arms taken off with some of the wacks Bynum and Gasol were giving them. The Celtics were the better team, and played better other than game 1. The refs lost the series.
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

They did not play well in game 6  , if they were the better team they should have closed it out then

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : They did not play well in game 6  , if they were the better team they should have closed it out then
    Posted by dgb52[/QUOTE]

The C's simply failed to show in game 6. Should have closed it out then. No one to blame but themselves. No excuses.

Crybabies belong over in "Tainted Championship" thread.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]Bill who? Oh, the clown who handed KB24 his MVP trophy. I heard he did well in a league of 9 teams, no free agency, a very limited league etc etc etc. Good for him. However, we have a world wide league with the best players globally available, a 3pt shot, 24 second clock, salary cap....all the the things that make it so hard to win a championship compared to the 'limited league'. BTW, if it's easier to win titles in the modern era....how come beantown can't even go back to back??
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bill Russell.......you know, the man voted the greatest player in NBA history right?  .....the man with the most rings in history....the guy who won back to back NCAA championships, the Olympic Gold Medal, and 11 NBA Championships....a total of 14 titles in a 15 year period (note: had he not been injured in the finals in '58 it would probable be 15 years/15 titles)...

.....world wide league? yes.....best players? ...hardly! .....better athletes but not better basketball players....coming from high school or one year of college these guys never learn the fundamentals....plus fewer teams meant more competition....no way "Sasha" plays in the NBA back in the day...and yes, the 24 second clock and beginning of the modern NBA was put in place after the Minny Lakers won 5 titles and a few years before "Big Bill" entered the league...

Free agency?  .......money buys players....Red had to scout them and draft them....the Celtics almost never traded for players (you can look it up)...

Salary cap? .....the league made it easy to circumvent that by creating the "Larry Bird" exemption.....also allows teams to trade retired players in an effort to work the cap....

I can tell you are a "youngin"......you have nothing to compare today's game to.....so of course, in your mind, what you see today has to be the best.... that's human nature.....I can compare what I see now with what I saw before....this league is watered down......the players travel, palm the ball, etc......the ref's are taking a beating....especially when one guy goes to jail....and correctly predicted the outcome of 13 of 14 games before they were played based on being told who would ref the games....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

game 7 was a joke.........league and refs had the fix in for the lakers to win.......it's that simple

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]Bill who? Oh, the clown who handed KB24 his MVP trophy. I heard he did well in a league of 9 teams, no free agency, a very limited league etc etc etc. Good for him. However, we have a world wide league with the best players globally available, a 3pt shot, 24 second clock, salary cap....all the the things that make it so hard to win a championship compared to the 'limited league'. BTW, if it's easier to win titles in the modern era....how come beantown can't even go back to back??

Back to back, how about winning 8 titles in a row, b*tch! By the way, if you knew anything about the game you would know the shot clock was implemented before Bill came into the league, and after the Lakers won several titles, and you would also understand the watered down effect, which means that since there are more teams it is easier for lower level players to make it on a team, which means the average teams talent is actually worse. Think before you "troll."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]game 7 was a joke.........league and refs had the fix in for the lakers to win.......it's that simple
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go as far as to say that it was a fix. But those of you calling me a "crybaby" you have to admit that the Celtics easily got way more of the bad calls than the Lakers. Don't say it goes both ways, it didn't in this series. Also, did any of you ever think how the horrible refs caused the Celtics to change their gameplan because they couldn't run an effective half court offense, which means they had to run the break all day, therefore tiring out their players, while all the Lakers had to do was set up the halfcourt, then take the ball into the paint knowing they would get the call?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"37-17, hideous

great game for 3 and a half quarters and then the refs dictated who won a tight match by giving LA all the calls at the end

plain and simple

and shameful"

plus the riffs CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Anyone wanna answer why beantown can't even go back to back , never mind 3-peat, in the modern NBA. Duke's pathetic answers withstanding, the real answer is....

NOT GOOD ENOUGH IN A TOUGH LEAGUE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone wanna answer why beantown can't even go back to back , never mind 3-peat, in the modern NBA. Duke's pathetic answers withstanding, the real answer is.... NOT GOOD ENOUGH IN A TOUGH LEAGUE!

Did you even read my post, or Dukes? Can you read? It is actually EASIER to win in the modern NBA because of the "watered down" effect. By the way, when was the last time the Lakers won 8 titles in a row?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Did you even read my post, or Dukes? Can you read? It is actually EASIER to win in the modern NBA because of the "watered down" effect. By the way, when was the last time the Lakers won 8 titles in a row?
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

So easy you can't even go back to back!! Yeah, that makes sense lmao!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Pity Bynum wasn't 100%" Get used to saying that as you'll be using that excuse about Bynum as long as he is with the Lakers. You're on ignore forever. By the way your mean-spirited and mocking demeanor discredits your own team. No class. 

As for the Celts fans on this forum that think the game was fixed, the question I would have for you is, why? Refs can have a bad game and favor the home crowd without their being some big conspiracy fix. All the NBA cares about is big TV ratings, and they got that. They don't care whether the Lakers or Celtics win game 7. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

To those who are living in the past:
         1) I'm sure Jerry West feels it's harder to win a championship nowadays
         2) If the C's moved their feet (instead of reaching) on D, then maybe they would not have been called for so many fouls.
         3) KG needs to be ashamed for the way he played in gm 7.   You're allowed to miss shots.   But to get pushed around (esp by a known softy like Gasol) and not box out and get dominated on the boards is no excuse
         4) Now DA wants to get shooters after suggestion by PP.   Let go Posey.   Traded away House.   C's had no off the bench scorers.   DA doesn't know talent any better than you or I.
         5) Whole C's organization got outplayed.   Not by much, but enough to make all C's nation have "what ifs", sleepness nights

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : -------------------------------------------------------------------------- If the Celtics were tired, standing at the foul line while the Lakers had 20 more foul shots(37-17) for the total game but much more egregious, 21 to 6 or 15 more in the pivotal 4 th qtr, certainly would have allowed them to catch their breath. Hmmm??? What were the Laker rebounders doing at the foul line, push ups ??? Were they also not tired and the foul breaks gave them a rest too.  Kindly go to the Forum entitled "Tainted Title" and you can read to your hearts content some very good analysis of why the title was taken away from us. Some call it a fix, a conspiracy etc. but I'll be kind and simply say it was due to the incompetence of the refs and whether they purposely intended for their calls to favor LA, they most certainly did ! I accept that the Lakers are in the record books as Champs and also that the title can't be taken away from them, but I do not admit that the Lakers were the better team & deserved to win & did so mainly due to the gifts from the REFS !!! 
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Accurate and true.  Any other reason for why the Lakers won is akin to what you find in a baby's diaper: soft and smells.  The only fact is 37-17 and the fourth quarter imbalance; everything else is speculation and opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    [QUOTE]Everybody here is complaining about the refs calls, stop crying and accept that Lakers won. The bad calls go for both teams. There was a lot of calls that went in favor of the Celtics, don't say all the calls were in favor for the Lakers, NOT TRUE. Watch every game and tell me that the refs weren't blowing calls against the Lakers as well. Truthfully Celtics had their chance and blew it, that's it!!! Kobe was playing horribly but he came up with 15 rebounds which helped a lot but overall his offense wasn't there, actually the lakers offense as a whole wasn't there and Celtics were doing pretty good. THen lakers tightened up on "D" and stayed consistant with it until their offense came around and they took over with some big shots. Celtics let it slip away, not the refs, and also with the D the Lakers were playing, they made it difficult for the Celtice to score.. THat's the truth, no favoritism. Watch that game again if you think different!!!
    Posted by ray2424[/QUOTE]

The Celtics didn't do enough to win and I'll leave it at that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : The Celtics didn't do enough to win and I'll leave it at that
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HOW DO YOU PLAY BETTER WHEN THERE'S NO DEFENSE AGAINST FOUL SHOTS !!! Actually, Celts defense was VG as Lakers shot 32%, the MVP shot 6-24 (25%) and the Celtics were not defended as well on their foul shots 15-17(88%) while they did a great job defending the Lakers who shot 25-37 (68%) -20% from Boston and we were really terrific defending the extra 20 foul shots as they only shot a pathetic 50% giving them only 10 points. Maybe the incompetent Refs wouldn't have awarded so many fouls to the Lakers had they shot a more respectable % that one would expect from a championship team. Give Boston just another 6 fouls shots and at 88% they would have had 5 more points as LA won by a meager 4 pts despite all the gifts. OK, I'm tongue & cheek I know but it helps to vent frustration with a blatant injustice from the refs. I don't say they did it on purpose, a conspiracy, fix etc., but I do say their incompetence favored the Lakers, and if the Lakers fans/basketball world does not see this, make an appointment with Lens Crafters !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HOW DO YOU PLAY BETTER WHEN THERE'S NO DEFENSE AGAINST FOUL SHOTS !!! Actually,  Celts defense was VG as Lakers shot 32%, the MVP shot 6-24 (25%) and the Celtics were not defended as well on their foul shots 15-17(88%) while they did a great job defending the Lakers who shot 25-37 (68%)  -20% from Boston and we were really terrific defending the extra 20 foul shots as they only shot a pathetic 50% giving them only 10 points. Maybe the incompetent Refs wouldn't have awarded so many fouls to the Lakers had they shot a more respectable % that one would expect from a championship team. Give Boston just another 6 fouls shots and at 88% they would have had 5 more points as LA won by a meager 4 pts despite all the gifts. OK, I'm tongue & cheek I know but it helps to vent frustration with a blatant injustice from the refs. I don't say they did it on purpose, a conspiracy, fix etc., but I do say their incompetence favored the Lakers, and if the Lakers fans/basketball world does not see this, make an appointment with Lens Crafters !
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

The Celtics had no business letting this series go to 7 games.

They knew what might happen if they failed to show up for game 6.... and it did. No excuses.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Mandobello, move your feet and stop reaching on D !    Maybe find the time to box out.   Stop watching the ball and play the game fundamentally.   That is what the Celtics use to be synonymous with.   Fundamentals.   Now they're known as the passionate speech or facial expression team.   Aurebach, Lombardi, Wooden:   all their teams were the most fundamentally sound.   Especially in the last 5min of a game.   That is when you have to play the smartest.   When all else around is chaotic,  you have to keep your cool and think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

hey Pud......what does losing game 6 have to do with the way the refs acted in Game 7? It was a sham....a disgrace.........Lakers were handed the title.......wrapped and with a bow.......they couldn't win it like REAL champions.....they have the trophy but it will always come with an asterisk....did they really win it without help??? I can't erase history.......but that team will never be considered a great team without the conversation of how the refs were biased, coming up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]hey Pud......what does losing game 6 have to do with the way the refs acted in Game 7? It was a sham....a disgrace.........Lakers were handed the title.......wrapped and with a bow.......they couldn't win it like REAL champions.....they have the trophy but it will always come with an asterisk....did they really win it without help??? I can't erase history.......but that team will never be considered a great team without the conversation of how the refs were biased, coming up
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

Crybabies belong in "Tainted Championship" thread.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : So easy you can't even go back to back!! Yeah, that makes sense lmao!

"Can't even" go back to back. Last time I checked, winning one title was difficult. You seem like a spoiled kid who only has had good teams on the court. Not to mention anybody with eyes could tell the refs completely blew the series. 37-17 in free throws. Ridiculous. And again you haven't answered my question. When was the last time the Lakers won 8 titles in a row?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

you have to win beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Celtics should have made more shots,, that being said, when you consider the fact that they lost by 4 points and look at the free throws is it really a wonder why people think the way they do?. thats the tragic flaw in basketball. in no other sport can bad calls as easily effect the score.

and can you honestly tell me they couldnt make rule changes or adjustments to fix it? They dont want to fix it!!! they like being able to affect an outcome.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The Celtics got tired and desperate. They got caught because they couldn't keep up with the pace of the game. The entire year, the Celtics were one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. And the other achilles? They would consistently give up leads in the 4th quarter.

Now Boston fans keep blaming the refs. It doesn't matter because the season is over and the Lakers won. Home court is critical in the playoffs, but especially in the finals.

There is no shame in coming 2nd. I do hope that the Lakers and Celts meet again in the finals but nothing is guaranteed.