Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!

In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HOW DO YOU PLAY BETTER WHEN THERE'S NO DEFENSE AGAINST FOUL SHOTS !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Easy.....don't foul!! Duhhhhhhh.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Crybabies belong in "Tainted Championship" thread. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I agree that this has been beaten to death.  It's over, and time to move on.  Anyone as excited for the Celtics this year as I am?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to admit, I am!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know what Lakers and Boston game you were watching.  I personally saw the refs let both teams play up until about 5 minutes left in the game.  Then, all calls were directed to the Lakers.  I live in LA and work across from the Staples Center and almost all of the Laker fans at my work agree with my above comment.  I agree about the poor execution and I do agree it is over and time to move on, but 37-17, come on!!! No matter what you say, I will have my own opinions and that opinion is that the NBA is fixed!!!
    Posted by stiorevo[/QUOTE]
    So working across from Staples gives you greater insight about game 7 than the rest of, huh? Just like Sarah Palin was better at foreign policy because she could see Russia from her back yard. Well, you both lost, period, and that 's all that matters and a few years from now no one will remember the 2010 keltics or Sarah Palin. All anybody will remember will be Barack Obama and the Los Angeles Lakers. Both great winners.Thank you kindly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

2010-11 will be a great season.....the season of the 3-peat.

It will be a beautiful thing. Such is life!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, we should have already 3-peated.  If KG was healthy, you guys wouldn't even be on here out of embarassment!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    BirdandCowens, what happened? Aren't you the guy that has always steadfastly stated that the best team has won the past three years?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE].  If KG was healthy, ..........

Celt fans favorite word....if.......IF Bynum and Ariza had been fit the Lakers would have been going for the 4-peat! See how it works?!!!

Such is life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Apologies to Flobus - the best team has won the last 3 years.  Now can you get KB24DROOLZ to shut the heck up?

@KB24 - as we have stated many many many MANY times - Ariza played and didn't/wouldn't /could't make a difference - he is the new Matt Barnes - 3 teams in 3 years
    If Bynum didn't get hurt - no Gasol!
    You bore me !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]Apologies to Flobus - the best team has won the last 3 years.  Now can you get KB24DROOLZ to shut the heck up? @KB24 - as we have stated many many many MANY times - Ariza played and didn't/wouldn't /could't make a difference - he is the new Matt Barnes - 3 teams in 3 years If Bynum didn't get hurt - no Gasol! You bore me !

At the time of the Finals:

Drew a Laker- did not play!
    Ariza a Laker- played 30 mins the whole series!

If both were fit and healthy, Lakers in 5.

Yes you bore me, but I sure do love schooling you! Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

still the punk...........why not join the grown ups and have a discussion?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

I am getting so sick and tired so tired and sick of These Gaykers Fans saying their same ol' Helen Keller deaf!dumb! and Blind Chit man!They will forever be in denial and truely believe that the referees didn't assist them beating us the world knows what happen every single solitary boston Celtic fans and other fans from other teams know How David Stern set the celtics up to lose how he had The referees do the most dirtiest work to benefit him and his marketing his team and his favorite player kobe cryant.They loss good and dang well think about it 21 times to the line oppose to six this is beyond this point i go back to david stern giving the gayers 17 straight home games in 2009-2010 proven facts tampering with the gaykers schedule do to tim donaghys book coming out.They say we say the same thing about fouls referees and rebounds not here! i am giving you everything different from that that are proven facts.The obama interview him stating that the celtics were the better team on national television but still thought the gaykers would win do to politics question when was the last time you seen clinton or bush pick the winner.what about the referees that were chosen to call the most controversal games after criticism yet they were still chosen to call game one that handicapped us putting ray allen in foul trouble so he wouldn't contribute chosing joey crawford to call game 7 to give the gaykers the 21 oppose to 6 calls in the final quarter i mean this goes back to the bias analyst that called the game praising and glorifying one team oppose to the team with the richest history in all sports.i have many more facts that the nbgay has been rigged for the longest time but clearly exposed the last 2 years where even hellen keller,chocolate thunder stevie wonder,clarence carter and ray charles could have seen what a bogus  crooked  most tampered with championship anyone could have seen.Boston won that title easily easily but was stolen due to the hate stern has for our boston celtics.we are gonna destroy the gaykers this year guaranteed and in order to do so we must defeat stern and his referees just like we did in 08.and we will just watch this title is over we got this!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Why do you guys insist on feeding the trolls?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:
    [QUOTE]Everybody here is complaining about the refs calls, stop crying and accept that Lakers won. The bad calls go for both teams. There was a lot of calls that went in favor of the Celtics, don't say all the calls were in favor for the Lakers, NOT TRUE. Watch every game and tell me that the refs weren't blowing calls against the Lakers as well. Truthfully Celtics had their chance and blew it, that's it!!! Kobe was playing horribly but he came up with 15 rebounds which helped a lot but overall his offense wasn't there, actually the lakers offense as a whole wasn't there and Celtics were doing pretty good. THen lakers tightened up on "D" and stayed consistant with it until their offense came around and they took over with some big shots. Celtics let it slip away, not the refs, and also with the D the Lakers were playing, they made it difficult for the Celtice to score.. THat's the truth, no favoritism. Watch that game again if you think different!!!
    Posted by ray2424[/QUOTE]

It isn't about a few other blown calls in other games. It is not about one blown call that cost the game. It is about the final quarter of the championshiop game when the refs became incompetent and as a result they influenced the outcome of the game in favor of one team in a very obvious way. This is about NBA competence. The league was incompetent in the 4thh quarter of the championship game. It is not about taking the title away from the Lakers. It is about making sure that in the future when a team wins it is not with the help of incompetent officiating.

Anyway this thread is a just a repeat of the Tainted Championship thread and all these arguments by trolls and other posters have already been made. Before anyone posts here they should see if their point hasn't already been discussed on the other thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : It isn't about a few other blown calls in other games. It is not about one blown call that cost the game. It is about the final quarter of the championshiop game when the refs became incompetent and as a result they influenced the outcome of the game in favor of one team in a very obvious way. This is about NBA competence. The league was incompetent in the 4thh quarter of the championship game. It is not about taking the title away from the Lakers. It is about making sure that in the future when a team wins it is not with the help of incompetent officiating. Anyway this thread is a just a repeat of the Tainted Championship thread and all these arguments by trolls and other posters have already been made. Before anyone posts here they should see if their point hasn't already been discussed on the other thread.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

Some of us might want to discuss this topic withoutposting over at "Tainted Championship" thread, a thread which has devolved into curses being placed on Celtic and Laker fans alike (anyone who disagrees with the notions of corruption and fixes) in addition to curses on BDC mods who have attempted to clean up the mess over there.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

No doubt Rondowski thinks that cursing and  insulting posters and laying curses on mods who are just trying to do their jobs... is humorous... all the while he is tackling NBA problems!

Maybe that explains why so many of his posts have been deleted.

Thank you mods for doing your job.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Why this dead horse is still being beaten is beyond me, but for my part, I would say that what athletes in any sport want from officials is consistency. Call the strike zone any way you like, but always call it the same way. If it's holding in the first half, it should be holding during the amazing two-minute comeback. If it ain't a foul for 43 minutes, it shouldn't be a foul in the last five.

What we saw in game seven was egregious, and while it's true that ultimately, the Celtics didn't have the horses (especially on the boards), the very clear home team bias at the end of a very hard-fought series essentially erased what had been an incredibly competitive Finals to that point.

How anyone can watch tape of that game and not see this speaks either to blind homerism or abject stupidity . . .

or more likely, both.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : It isn't about a few other blown calls in other games. It is not about one blown call that cost the game. It is about the final quarter of the championshiop game when the refs became incompetent and as a result they influenced the outcome of the game in favor of one team in a very obvious way. This is about NBA competence. The league was incompetent in the 4th quarter of the championship game. It is not about taking the title away from the Lakers. It is about making sure that in the future when a team wins it is not with the help of incompetent officiating. Anyway this thread is a just a repeat of the Tainted Championship thread and all these arguments by trolls and other posters have already been made. Before anyone posts here they should see if their point hasn't already been discussed on the other thread.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

I'm in total agreement with your above post & simply confirming my acknowledgement with the following :

I copied and pasted(Mea Culpa Glass Cow for using your gifted technique) some comments I made a few months ago on the Tainted Championship Thread about not one bad call but numerous ones which became magnified in the magnitude of a Game 7 deciding victor series. The Lakers are Champs, the records books will show it, there will be no * asterisk denoting "tainting" and the title will not be taken away from LA. I admit as I have done before, I do not believe there was a fix, conspiracy etc., just tremendous incompetence and if Laker fans feel they dominated us, so be it. Domination is our win in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 pts or the Lakers victory in Game 6 of this years series by 22 pts not in Game 7 by 4 points with the assistance of 20 more fouls shots and 15 of them in the pivotal 4th qtr.

" There was not one bad call that determined the game but a series of bad calls---AND IN A DETERMINING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM GAME !!!  There have been a few single or two bad calls in other sports that determined the game  & some refs have admitted they missed the calls. Although Greenkillme says the out of bounds was really a foul on Gasol, let me go along with your point that you feel LA lost this game because of that call.  I REITERATE, THAT'S ONE CALL !!!   You say "The fact that the Lakers were resilient enough to come into a hostile environment at the Garden and take game 3, is a testament to the fact that they have the heart of a champion. " The key here is that the injustice-I'm not admitting there was one-but if you and the Laker team felt there was one, you only had an overnight or a couple of nights to feel the pain & get out on the floor and mend your wounds. We, on the other hand, feel we had many bad calls-read Greenkillme's post again and if you don't believe all of them, how about 1/2, 1/3 etc. Hmmm??? Could have changed the momentum & outcome of the game. But the key here is the MAGNITUDE OF BAD CALLS AND THE MAGNITUDE OF THE GAME BEING THE FINAL ONE. WE DIDN'T HAVE  A NEXT GAME AS THE LAKERS DID TO MEND OUR WOUNDS. WE NEED WAIT A YEAR TO DO SO.  YOU WANT THE EXAMPLE OF THE HEART OF A CHAMPION. WE GOT THRASHED, ROUTED & DOMINATED IN GAME 6 BY 89-67 OR 22 POINTS. NO ARGUMENT FROM THE CELTIC FANS. BUT WITHOUT OUR STARTING CENTER AND BEST REBOUNDER, I REITERATE WITH THE HEART OF A CHAMPION WE WERE DOMINATING GAME 7 WITH A 13 POINT LEAD UNTIL THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE REFEREES CHANGED THE MOMENTUM AND I REITERATE NOT WITH ONE BAD CALL BUT WITH A DIFFERENCE OF 21 TO 6 IN THE 4TH QTR OR +15, THERE HAD TO BE SOME, AT LEAST, OF THE 15 THAT WERE BAD CALLS & THOSE DETERMINED THE VICTOR OF THE GAME."

AMEN !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : I'm in total agreement with your above post & simply confirming my acknowledgement with the following : I copied and pasted(Mea Culpa Glass Cow for using your gifted technique) some comments I made a few months ago on the Tainted Championship Thread about not one bad call but numerous ones which became magnified in the magnitude of a Game 7 deciding victor series. The Lakers are Champs, the records books will show it, there will be no * asterisk denoting "tainting" and the title will not be taken away from LA. I admit as I have done before, I do not believe there was a fix, conspiracy etc., just tremendous incompetence and if Laker fans feel they dominated us, so be it. Domination is our win in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 pts or the Lakers victory in Game 6 of this years series by 22 pts not in Game 7 by 4 points with the assistance of 20 more fouls shots and 15 of them in the pivotal 4th qtr. " There was not one bad call that determined the game but a series of bad calls--- AND IN A DETERMINING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM GAME !!!    There have been a few single or two bad calls in other sports that determined the game  & some refs have admitted they missed the calls. Although Greenkillme says the out of bounds was really a foul on Gasol, let me go along with your point that you feel LA lost this game because of that call.   I REITERATE, THAT'S ONE CALL !!!    You say "The fact that the Lakers were resilient enough to come into a hostile environment at the Garden and take game 3, is a testament to the fact that they have the heart of a champion. " The key here is that the injustice-I'm not admitting there was one-but if you and the Laker team felt there was one, you only had an overnight or a couple of nights to feel the pain & get out on the floor and mend your wounds. We, on the other hand, feel we had many bad calls-read Greenkillme's post again and if you don't believe all of them, how about 1/2, 1/3 etc. Hmmm??? Could have changed the momentum & outcome of the game. But the key here is the  MAGNITUDE OF BAD CALLS AND THE MAGNITUDE OF THE GAME BEING THE FINAL ONE. WE DIDN'T HAVE  A NEXT GAME AS THE LAKERS DID TO MEND OUR WOUNDS. WE NEED WAIT A YEAR TO DO SO.   YOU WANT THE EXAMPLE OF THE HEART OF A CHAMPION. WE GOT THRASHED, ROUTED & DOMINATED IN GAME 6 BY 89-67 OR 22 POINTS. NO ARGUMENT FROM THE CELTIC FANS. BUT WITHOUT OUR STARTING CENTER AND BEST REBOUNDER, I REITERATE WITH THE HEART OF A CHAMPION WE WERE DOMINATING GAME 7 WITH A 13 POINT LEAD UNTIL THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE REFEREES CHANGED THE MOMENTUM AND I REITERATE NOT WITH ONE BAD CALL BUT WITH A DIFFERENCE OF 21 TO 6 IN THE 4TH QTR OR +15, THERE HAD TO BE SOME, AT LEAST, OF THE 15 THAT WERE BAD CALLS & THOSE DETERMINED THE VICTOR OF THE GAME." AMEN !!!

You are one hell of a crybaby, man up and stop sniveling. Watch the game again, the Celtics weren't cheated out of anything. There was a disparity in the fouls called, but that was how the game played out. The Lakers executed and played a cleaner game. The fouls as they were called were as they should have been. 

It wasn't a perfectly called game, because there is no such thing. You blame the refs, when you should be blaming the Celtics. It was their sloppy play that was the reason for the foul disparity. As JVG stated during the broadcast, the Celtics are going to look at the film and realize that with their sloppy play, they didn't make the Lakers make shots. They kept sending them to the foul line. Now, it is clear that you are a sniveling crybaby, and would prefer the refs to let the Celtics hack away, but that is just not how the game is played. Sight unseen, waving those free throw numbers around would seem that you have a case for impropriety. Unfortunately for you, most people have watched the game, and things are the way they should be. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Why this dead horse is still being beaten is beyond me, but for my part, I would say that what athletes in any sport want from officials is consistency. Call the strike zone any way you like, but always call it the same way. If it's holding in the first half, it should be holding during the amazing two-minute comeback. If it ain't a foul for 43 minutes, it shouldn't be a foul in the last five. What we saw in game seven was egregious, and while it's true that ultimately, the Celtics didn't have the horses (especially on the boards), the very clear home team bias at the end of a very hard-fought series essentially erased what had been an incredibly competitive Finals to that point. How anyone can watch tape of that game and not see this speaks either to blind homerism or abject stupidity . . . or more likely, both.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Home court advantage is considerable. No doubt.

Maybe this year, the C's will play hard all year, not for just the first 30 games or so... and gain HCA.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

It also proved Reg Season record doesn't matter!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Did you even read my post, or Dukes? Can you read? It is actually EASIER to win in the modern NBA because of the "watered down" effect. By the way, when was the last time the Lakers won 8 titles in a row?
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]

How is it easier to win in a water-down league? A water down league means it's TOUGHER to build a dynasty. Ask the Clippers, Wizards, Raptors, Pacers, Bucks, Warriors how it's easier to win in the water-down league.

In a 2-team league, what's the average chance of a team winning a title? 50%
    what's the average chance of a team winning two consecutive titles? 25%
    what's the average chance of a team winning three consecutive titles? 12.5%

In a 31-team league, what's the average chance of a team winning a title?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HOW DO YOU PLAY BETTER WHEN THERE'S NO DEFENSE AGAINST FOUL SHOTS !!! Actually,  Celts defense was VG as Lakers shot 32%, the MVP shot 6-24 (25%)
    [/QUOTE]
    Boy, you said you were a vietnam vet that watched basketball for 40 years? And you told us the Boston defense was VG? What's VG? virtually gone?

Defense is only about stopping shots? What about the DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS?

23 offensive rebounds for the Lakers. So the Celtics defense was very poor, to be polite.

The MVP shot 6-24? what about the 15 rebounds?

[QUOTE] I don't say they did it on purpose, a conspiracy, fix etc., but I do say their incompetence favored the Lakers, and if the Lakers fans/basketball world does not see this, make an appointment with Lens Crafters !
    The biggest imcompetence was the Celtics on the boards. And if you don't see it, you have to make an appointment with your psychiatrist...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : Easy.....don't foul!! Duhhhhhhh.
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

For at least 1/3 of the 21 in the pivotal 4th Qtr. 

THEY DIDN'T !!! 

I see your "Duh", and raise it...

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............ETC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]Why this dead horse is still being beaten is beyond me, but for my part, I would say that what athletes in any sport want from officials is consistency. Call the strike zone any way you like, but always call it the same way. If it's holding in the first half, it should be holding during the amazing two-minute comeback. If it ain't a foul for 43 minutes, it shouldn't be a foul in the last five. What we saw in game seven was egregious, and while it's true that ultimately, the Celtics didn't have the horses (especially on the boards), the very clear home team bias at the end of a very hard-fought series essentially erased what had been an incredibly competitive Finals to that point. How anyone can watch tape of that game and not see this speaks either to blind homerism or abject stupidity . . . or more likely, both.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

And where is  the inconsistency? the Celtics fouled, the refs called them.  Not calling them would be inconsistent. The Celtic fans who cry fouls are simply exercising their blind homerism and abject stupidy, no "or" but "and".

For a weak rebounding team, a team relying on outside shots, and slow foot defense, this is the perfectly fair and square result. They got killed on the boards and on the foul line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!! : For at least 1/2 of them,  THEY  DIDN'T !!! 

They didn't? say who?

The refs said they did. We the Lakers fans say they did. The rest of the NBA make no waves about the calls.

So who said they didn't?