Celtics lost.....Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Celtics lost.....Why?

how about being out scored by 15 from the arc and another 10 from the charity stripe.....The Thunder got hot and we went through the motions....I agree that this did not happen 4 years ago...the guys understand but don't have the will or mindset to come in ready?  ....now that, I do not understand...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Celtics lost.....Why?

In Response to Celtics lost.....Why?:
    [QUOTE]how about being out scored by 15 from the arc and another 10 from the charity stripe.....The Thunder got hot and we went through the motions....I agree that this did not happen 4 years ago...the guys understand but don't have the will or mindset to come in ready?  ....now that, I do not understand...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for a pattern just look at the Celtic losses and you will see that Ray Allen only shot 1-9 from 3pt land in those 3 losses. Every time Ray struggles the Cs usually lose. Against Memphis the Cs were losing until Ray got hot late in the game. 

Not getting rebounds is also hurting the Cs right now. They started the season strong, averaging 42 rebounds per game, but now it's down to 38.7 per game, very similar to what they were averaging last year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

You're right.....this is disturbing this early in the season....although they are currently on pace for 61 wins...they have a winning record vs both teams with winning and losing records....and have winning record at home and on the road...I am hoping Doc gets the team together mentally.....I don't care about age....this team is talented and KG and Pierce look great physically.....let's see how this all plays out...I love what Shaq is bringing by the way...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

I just did not see the C's in it mentally. BB missed crucial free throws when they were down by only 3 when they could have tied it up with less than 2 minutes to play by BB hitting all 4 and he is a 90% FT shooter. 

plus not having JO is big. the big 3 need more rest. C's need to get another center to fill JO's place or at least bring Lasme back. I missed the guy. he is a hustler.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

BB may have been hitting 90% at the line but he's a 70% career FT'er.  So, I'd expect him to regress to his mean rather than continue his early pace.  It was just a real bad time for it to happen.

But I absolutely agree that they weren't into it mentally.   I think they would have been a lot sharper had Durant played. Ironically, Durant's absence last night may have hurt the C's more than it hurt the Thunder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I have noticed the same thing about Ray disappearing in some games over the last two years.  It was especially noticeable in the finals last year.  He was apparently injured after being kneed by Artest.  But what I can't determine is Ray not being able to get open in these games or are they not  looking for him.  I saw at the end of the game Delonte getting a great look at a three and Ray was out there. It made me think that Ray may do well with Delonte  and Pierce out there in games because the three line will be very hard to cover with that group out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One more thing Ray usually struggles against the Hawks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

like Robert Parish once said

that was a stinker

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics lost.....Why?:
    [QUOTE]Fierce, I have noticed the same thing about Ray disappearing in some games over the last two years.  It was especially noticeable in the finals last year.  He was apparently injured after being kneed by Artest.  But what I can't determine is Ray not being able to get open in these games or are they not  looking for him.  I saw at the end of the game Delonte getting a great look at a three and Ray was out there. It made me think that Ray may do well with Delonte  and Pierce out there in games because the three line will be very hard to cover with that group out there.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

CPP kicking the ball to DWest for the trey attempt showed a whole lot of confidence in Delonte with the game on the line. That will pay HUGE dividends.

They all had good looks at the end with the floor spread... but the shots  didn't drop.

I like the odds though.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billi. Show Billi's posts

The reason they lost is simple - as a team they didn't care if they won or lost period.

This isn't the same team that played two nights ago, be thankful they didn't have all their stars playing ir it would have been worse than Little Big Horn!

The C's can't wait till the end of the fourth quarter to try and pull another out!

For whatever reason, they purely stunk and I hope they turn around their mentality.  It  is one thing to loss hard games and another thing to lose games you should have been easy winners in!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Why? you ask!!!!!!  They went away from SHAQ when he was 5-5 in the 1st quarter!!!!!!!!!!!  Pound it down low.  This team needs to inside-out and get the other team in the penalty earlier than they do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Celtics lost.....Why?:
    [QUOTE]how about being out scored by 15 from the arc and another 10 from the charity stripe.....The Thunder got hot and we went through the motions....I agree that this did not happen 4 years ago...the guys understand but don't have the will or mindset to come in ready?  ....now that, I do not understand...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

..." why"........why not....you win some...you lose some...

and some get rained on....mafee-mushkeelah...who's next...

BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. .......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

As poorly as the C's played, the difference came down to free throw shooting. Take away Garnett's ten for ten and the rest of the team was seven for seventeen. That's just not going to get it done.  Lack of focus apparently creeps into free throw shooting, too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

The answer is simple...  They "didn't" show up because they didn't feel like it.  Somedays when you go to work and although you're there, you don't show up.
    The one person at fault for games like this is the COACH.  He does not pass nor shoot the ball or run the court, what he is paid to do is manage and MOTIVATE the players and himself.  He did not do his job!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

cuz the other team knocked KG in the head.
    that is no small lump on him..that confused and demoraized the Celts as KG is thier spiritual leader.

They knocked down RR in the final minutes to make sure he did nothing

RR being thier tactical leader

and the refs made sure every flopper call was against Shaq

okc made flopping an art last nite

aside from that
     Celts were AWOL! and AWFUL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'll admit I didn't watch the whole game, but when I did, I didn't see any offensive rebounding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfkeleher. Show mfkeleher's posts

They lost because they didn't play good team offense, don't shoot well from 15 feet wihen not defended, and their opponents scored too many amazing points after being defended pretty well.  Way too many passes bounced of inattentive Celtic hands.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why did the "Cs" lost?  Obviously it's because they only shot 27 free throws to the Thunder's 32.  Isn't this why the Celtics lose - because the refs are against them.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

So vicious yet so simple-minded.

Because the refs are against them? 

HAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I think the Celtics lost because they thought that with no Durant or Green that they'd just have to take to the court to win.

Also the Thunder are a very good team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics lost.....Why? : Just for simpletons like yourself.  HAHAHAHA!!
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

So why did the Cs lose to OKC?

I forgot, you said because the refs are against the Celtics. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

No need to overanalyze like going away from Shaq (which they always do) or them not caring (I'm so tired of that statement when no one "doesn't care") or no defense or "Friday nights at the Garden".   Bottom line - it just happens happens sometimes.  No team wins 82 games.  EVERY pro team has off nights when they just aren't fired up and can't hit the broadside of a barn (and every team has games when they can shoot the lights out).  No need to worry unless it happens OFTEN.  So far, that's not the case so let's relax and watch them win the next few.

We just had a bad night at a time when OKC was hitting everything, even when the clock was running down and they banked a 3 pointer in or Westbrook hit every shot at the 23 second mark from 3 point land.  

It happens.  And.....it won't happen too often.  We'll ask this question about 25 times and so will all the good teams.  Sometimes, its just not your night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]No need to overanalyze like going away from Shaq (which they always do) or them not caring (I'm so tired of that statement when no one "doesn't care") or no defense or "Friday nights at the Garden".   Bottom line - it just happens happens sometimes.  No team wins 82 games.  EVERY pro team has off nights when they just aren't fired up and can't hit the broadside of a barn (and every team has games when they can shoot the lights out).  No need to worry unless it happens OFTEN.  So far, that's not the case so let's relax and watch them win the next few. We just had a bad night at a time when OKC was hitting everything, even when the clock was running down and they banked a 3 pointer in or Westbrook hit every shot at the 23 second mark from 3 point land.   It happens.  And.....it won't happen too often.  We'll ask this question about 25 times and so will all the good teams.  Sometimes, its just not your night.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree. It was also not the Bucks night tonight. They also lost to an OKC team without KD and J.Green.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Celtics lost Friday night becuase they one forgot to hit free throws.  Two Rondo was not moving right all night.  Three they forgot to shoot in the 4th quarter.  Defense in the last quarter was awesome for both sides.  D-West almost hit that 3 to tie the game.  The shot looked good but it just didn't fall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

And it was just the Raptors afternoon ?? So according to Fierce they get 1 more loss this month