Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonSportsList. Show TheBostonSportsList's posts

Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint

http://thebostonsportslist.com/2011/05/04/celtics-miss-perkins-presence-in-the-paint/

Wrote about how badly the C's miss perks attitude and defensive presence against the Heat. It would be a different series with him patrolling the paint on D. Nice trade Ainge. 

- Elias

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint

I am so SICK AND TIRED of hearing about how Perk is missed. It may be true but I just think it's being talked about more and it's allowed the players to have an excuse and has taken an edge off of their competitive spirit. They've allowed the media to turn Perk into King Kong and they believe King Kong is dead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonSportsList. Show TheBostonSportsList's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint:
    [QUOTE]I am so SICK AND TIRED of hearing about how Perk is missed. It may be true but I just think it's being talked about more and it's allowed the players to have an excuse and has taken an edge off of their competitive spirit. They've allowed the media to turn Perk into King Kong and they believe King Kong is dead.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You may be sick of hearing about it, but it is a major factor in the make-up of the team now. The players haven't been the same since the trade, and our hurting record since proves that losing his presence in the middle has been crucial to our demise this season. Whether you like it or not, this is going to be remembered as the season we traded perk for a couple stiffs, and probably gave up our chance at a title because of it. 

If the players let the media sculpt their opinion, they are in big trouble. I don't think any of the players are trying less(maybe rondo), but we miss perks big but in the paint. If shaq was healthy and playing 25-30 minutes a night, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I think Baby misses Nate... they were a great post season duo last year... plus he's a great cheerleader... probably could use Scal as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I don't miss Perk, I miss TA. Ray can't stop D Wade. all the game I ear "Dwynnnnneeeee wadddddddddeeeeeee

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonSportsList. Show TheBostonSportsList's posts

[QUOTE]I don't miss Perk, I miss TA. Ray can't stop D Wade. all the game I ear "Dwynnnnneeeee wadddddddddeeeeeee
    Posted by santafesino[/QUOTE]

I never thought I'd say it, but we definitely miss TA's athletisicm and scoring ability off the bench. When he was playing well, the C's second unit was performing. It is a shame we let him get way. 

Perk is what he is. A space eater in the paint. He is one of the best in the league at it right now. We are getting smoked on the Offensive boards, and the reason is because Perkins is gone. He wasn't the key guy, but he did the little things in our starting unit that can make a team a champion. Plus the chemistry between our starters on D was the best in the league. It no longer holds that distinction. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint : You may be sick of hearing about it, but it is a major factor in the make-up of the team now. The players haven't been the same since the trade, and our hurting record since proves that losing his presence in the middle has been crucial to our demise this season. Whether you like it or not, this is going to be remembered as the season we traded perk for a couple stiffs, and probably gave up our chance at a title because of it.  If the players let the media sculpt their opinion, they are in big trouble. I don't think any of the players are trying less(maybe rondo), but we miss perks big but in the paint. If shaq was healthy and playing 25-30 minutes a night, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. 
    Posted by TheBostonSportsList[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. In Green I do see a future but no way do I want Krstic next year. That guy is usless! Trade that guy!! At least Semih had heart and hustled.

If we had Perkins we would not be having this discussion. I have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since the trade.

Why couldn't we get Green and keep Perkins in the first place???? As I said before I love JON but he was never meant to be a starter for Boston, that was Perk's shoe to fill & JON and Shaq was the plan to bing Banner 18 to Boston!!

I honestly believe Boston would not have been down 2-0 had Perk not been traded. He was not the go to man or the prolific scorer...but He was a huge asset..and he is only 26 yrs old. Gee...thanks Danny for giving us a stiff in Krstic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I want the Celts to win. But I was sick and tired of watching Perk play. Maybe I was jealous because I actually worked on my game and improved as a player until I was 40. I'm not comparing myself to a pro, merely explaining my envy. That cat still can't catch, or shoot a free throw or a layup. I had had enough. I don't understand b-ball well enough to apprciate his defensive prowess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Green plays better in that series than Perkins does for the thunder. We lost cause our Big 3 were really bad yesterday and were outscored by James and Wade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint : KG...I got it...TOWELGATE.....we just don't have enough guys waving towels (and pompoms while were are at it)....Jeeze, Doc is missing the boat on everything.  Plays Big(ger) Baby excessive minutes, but misses the importance of flying laundry....
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

The first foul was a pick that knocked Tony Allen Hard to the ground and let him know he would not be up in Durant's Grill game 2. Perk was not a scorer he was an enforcer. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]I am so SICK AND TIRED of hearing about how Perk is missed. It may be true but I just think it's being talked about more and it's allowed the players to have an excuse and has taken an edge off of their competitive spirit. They've allowed the media to turn Perk into King Kong and they believe King Kong is dead.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You are right. I am with you on this. I am also sick and tired of hearing about how Perk is missed. Perk is not our main player. We did well all season without him. We will be fine, All we have to do is make adjustment in game 3, and come up with different attitude. We will even the series at 2-2.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ainge set up this series loss the day he traded Perkins. He did it thinking that Shaq would be back. Now we lack the inside presence needed to beat and punish teams inside, and the team chemistry is gone. As for the arguement that our problems are on the offensive end, thats only partly true. Yes there are times that we cannot score enough, but since KG got here our offense has been CREATED BY OUR DEFENSE. Now our defense has been weakened, so our offense suffers.
    Hey, I hope I am wrong about this team moving forward, but I doubt I am. That doesn't make me less of a Celtics fan; it makes me more of a realist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonSportsList. Show TheBostonSportsList's posts

[QUOTE]Yes there are times that we cannot score enough, but since KG got here our offense has been CREATED BY OUR DEFENSE. Now our defense has been weakened, so our offense suffers. 
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green[/QUOTE]

This is a great point here. Have we gotten a fast break point against the heat this entire series? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Miss Perkins? Well, Miss Perkins is gone and the only thing you have left is old Miss Pierce and Miss Rondo, and that ain't gonna get the job done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Miss Perkins Presence in the Paint : I never thought I'd say it, but we definitely miss TA's athletisicm and scoring ability off the bench. When he was playing well, the C's second unit was performing. It is a shame we let him get way.  Perk is what he is. A space eater in the paint. He is one of the best in the league at it right now. We are getting smoked on the Offensive boards, and the reason is because Perkins is gone. He wasn't the key guy, but he did the little things in our starting unit that can make a team a champion. Plus the chemistry between our starters on D was the best in the league. It no longer holds that distinction. 
    Posted by TheBostonSportsList[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  Especially about TA.  He would definitely help us during the playoffs this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Miss Perkins? Well, Miss Perkins is gone and the only thing you have left is old Miss Pierce and Miss Rondo, and that ain't gonna get the job done.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

A Lakers fan on the board?! hahaha. Hey fool. How are you liking this old Texas sized butt whooping right now?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

While there is nothing we can do but accept that Perk is gone. It is pretty obvious that Boston has a gaping hole in the middle. If he were still on the roster Miami would not be attacking Boston's soft interior causing the C's defense to collapse and leaving Miami with wide open jumpers. Boston has the talent to overcome this if Doc makes personnel changes to his rotation.