Celtics most likely make playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Celtics most likely make playoffs

we will squeeze in, Avery has provided energy and the new center has provided energy, and Steamer and Bass are playing pretty good, KG looks better than last year, Paul is getting his grove back, and there is no danger that Rondo will foul out by consistently guarding anyone, so we will squeeze in and just might make some noise.  Go Celts  The injury to Ray has provided Avery a chance to show us how wrong some of us, me, were about him, Rays injury just may let him rest his body and he just might have enough fuel to have a big game or two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Celtics most likely make playoffs

But the Celtics have one of the most differcult schedule in the last 17 games of the season including the next 9 games as well the last four games of the season are all against possible playoff teams.

We all know that this team have no chance to win it all.  If that is the case, fall apart on purpose and try to become one of the lottery draft team!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics most likely make playoffs:
    [QUOTE]But the Celtics have one of the most differcult schedule in the last 17 games of the season including the next 9 games as well the last four games of the season are all against possible playoff teams. We all know that this team have no chance to win it all.  If that is the case, fall apart on purpose and try to become one of the lottery draft team!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Who's the "we all" you cite? Much stranger things have happened, especially when games are on the line and veteran composure is demanded (Mr. 3/4? Gulp, gag). No, "we all" don't know what you allegedly "know", happily, and that's why most continue to watch and try to assess how winning can be achieved.  If Doc's doing it, why not the rest of us?  ML Carr "isn't walking through the door" any time soon.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Will the Celts go 3-0 on their back to back to back games?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Looking at the remaining schedule there is no way to predict the outcome.  So many back to backs and even one back to back to back the Celtics will have to reinvent themselves or face many losses.  It is a schedule from hell.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Anything over 500 will probably get it done.  Look for the c's to start playing the schedule.  Dump tough games to have energy to win against the lower rated team upcoming. They're already doing it to some degree.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Celtics most likely make playoffs:
    [QUOTE] we will squeeze in, Avery has provided energy and the new center has provided energy, and Steamer and Bass are playing pretty good, KG looks better than last year, Paul is getting his grove back, and there is no danger that Rondo will foul out by consistently guarding anyone, so we will squeeze in and just might make some noise.  Go Celts  The injury to Ray has provided Avery a chance to show us how wrong some of us, me, were about him, Rays injury just may let him rest his body and he just might have enough fuel to have a big game or two.
    Posted by romneywins[/QUOTE]

RE: "and there is no danger that Rondo will foul out by consistently guarding anyone".

I love the tongue and cheek humor that Rondo does not play defense !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Hey Mando ... Did you say there was no Draft Lottery in 72' for the Vietnam War? Really?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics most likely make playoffs : Looking at the remaining schedule there is no way to predict the outcome.  So many back to backs and even one back to back to back the Celtics will have to reinvent themselves or face many losses.  It is a schedule from hell.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

"looking at the remaining schedule there is no way to predict the outcome".......  let's see, every time they play a good team they lose, on the road they barely bad teams, at home they are a little bit more likely to beat bad teams, they absolutely cannot beat good teams on the road........ they have proven it over the last 48 games..... so there is no way to predict the outcome?  they have 10 games left against playoff teams and 8 against non-playoff teams - they essentially cannot beat playoff teams and they barely beat non-playoff teams on the road..... no way to predict the outcome?  trends, patterns, etc. develop over time and when there are rare exceptions to the trends and patterns things become much more predictable.........  they have the Heat 3 more times, the 6ers twice, the Hawks twice, Orlando, the Bulls, and Indy.... they will lose a few games against bad teams that you would think they would win, and they will likely lose just about every game against the good teams.....

One of the things I did over the course of my career was to predict daily sales for a 1,000 store retail chain, historical averages and trends, etc. would enable us to predict with $1,000 on a day when the entire chain did about $4million......  so when someone said what do you think we will do in sales today, I would say barring a snow storm, etc. we will be withing a half percent of the forecast......  the Cs routinely prove this theory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

In response to "Re: Celtics most likely make playoffs": [QUOTE]The next 7 games: March 28 vs. Utah March 30 at Minny April 1 vs. Miami April 4 vs. Spurs April 5 at Chicago April 7 at Indy April 8 vs. Philly Remaining games: April 10 at Miami April 11 vs. Atlanta April 13 at Toronto April 14 at New Jersey April 15 at Charlotte April 17 at NY April 18 vs. Orlando April 20 at Atlanta April 24 vs. Miami April 26 vs. Milwaukee The Celts only face 4 legit non-playoff teams from here on out.  Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Every time we play Philly its the second game of a back to back...odd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Mando ... Did you say there was no Draft Lottery in 72' for the Vietnam War? Really?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with Basketball ???  I do not want to get in the middle of the most ridiculous waste of time and text disputing the non basketball claims made by you vs. each other. I do not know the details, nor is it any of my business, what was said about your draft status in the Vietnam War. There was a discussion deleted by the MODS and I forgot exactly what I said about the lottery but I do know that there was one in 1969 and it was the first since 1942 in WW2.  The details of whom would be selected based on their birthdays I’m not privy to and did extend it or how far into the 70s, I don’t recall.  I am not an authority, the final word, gospel etc. on Selective Services procedures in those days so leave me out of it !!!  I do not wish to side with either of you !!!

As I am in my 70s and was not a career military person, I still had a draft obligation but it terminated before the heavy fighting in that horrible conflict.  But I did see combat action as an Advisor to the Vietnamese troops(ARVN---army of the republic) in engagements on various hilltops against the VietCong in the Que Son Valley area(not to be confused with Khe Sahn in NW South Vietnam where many Marines lost their lives in fierce battles in 1969 early 70s ) , Tam ky,  Thang-binh, Hiep duc,  Tuan duong. These battle sites had hill #s(numbers). I flew into Da Nang on a C-130 and fortunately in one piece flew out on that troop carrier. Viet Nam was a horrible war in that when we returned home there was little celebration and many times we were spit at.  Troops today from Iraq & Afghan get heroes welcomes. I say today, irrespective of one’s political differences, respect our troops because they are the real heroes and I, reiterate, we had to go…it was our obligation…so why were we treated so miserably by many civilians at home. Mea Culpa, sorry, I’m way off tangent here.  Viet Nam is an experience I’d like to forget.

Again, in my day, the early 60s,  I did not just join the Military because I was gung-ho.  Unless one was in school or 4 F, if one had a 1A draft classification, they were subject as a patriotic duty to enter the military.  If not,  conscientious objector didn’t work frequently,  so one would go to jail or flee to Canada. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics most likely make playoffs : What does this have to do with Basketball ???  I do not want to get in the middle of the most ridiculous waste of time and text disputing the non basketball claims made by you vs. each other. I do not know the details, nor is it any of my business, what was said about your draft status in the Vietnam War. There was a discussion deleted by the MODS and I forgot exactly what I said about the lottery but I do know that there was one in 1969 and it was the first since 1942 in WW2.  The details of whom would be selected based on their birthdays I’m not privy to and did extend it or how far into the 70s, I don’t recall.  I am not an authority, the final word, gospel etc. on Selective Services procedures in those days so leave me out of it !!!  I do not wish to side with either of you !!! As I am in my 70s and was not a career military person, I still had a draft obligation but it terminated before the heavy fighting in that horrible conflict.  But I did see combat action as an Advisor to the Vietnamese troops(ARVN---army of the republic) in engagements on various hilltops against the VietCong in the Que Son Valley area( many Marines lost their lives in 1969 early 70s in this area) , Tam ky,  Thang-binh, Hiep duc,  Tuan duong. These battle sites had hill #s(numbers). I flew into Da Nang on a C-130 and fortunately in one piece flew out on that troop carrier. Viet Nam was a horrible war in that when we returned home there was little celebration and many times we were spit at.  Troops today from Iraq & Afghan get heroes welcomes. I say today, irrespective of one’s political differences, respect our troops because they are the real heroes and I, reiterate, we had to go…it was our obligation…so why were we treated so miserably by many civilians at home. Mea Culpa, sorry, I’m way off tangent here.  Viet Nam is an experience I’d like to forget. Again, in my day, the early 60s,  I did not just join the Military because I was gung-ho.  Unless one was in school or 4 F, if one had a 1A draft classification, they were subject as a patriotic duty to enter the military.  If not,  conscientious objector didn’t work frequently,  so one would go to jail or flee to Canada. 
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Looks like you should have ignored the question.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics most likely make playoffs : What does this have to do with Basketball ???  I do not want to get in the middle of the most ridiculous waste of time and text disputing the non basketball claims made by you vs. each other. I do not know the details, nor is it any of my business, what was said about your draft status in the Vietnam War. There was a discussion deleted by the MODS and I forgot exactly what I said about the lottery but I do know that there was one in 1969 and it was the first since 1942 in WW2.  The details of whom would be selected based on their birthdays I’m not privy to and did extend it or how far into the 70s, I don’t recall.  I am not an authority, the final word, gospel etc. on Selective Services procedures in those days so leave me out of it !!!  I do not wish to side with either of you !!! As I am in my 70s and was not a career military person, I still had a draft obligation but it terminated before the heavy fighting in that horrible conflict.  But I did see combat action as an Advisor to the Vietnamese troops(ARVN---army of the republic) in engagements on various hilltops against the VietCong in the Que Son Valley area( many Marines lost their lives in 1969 early 70s in this area) , Tam ky,  Thang-binh, Hiep duc,  Tuan duong. These battle sites had hill #s(numbers). I flew into Da Nang on a C-130 and fortunately in one piece flew out on that troop carrier. Viet Nam was a horrible war in that when we returned home there was little celebration and many times we were spit at.  Troops today from Iraq & Afghan get heroes welcomes. I say today, irrespective of one’s political differences, respect our troops because they are the real heroes and I, reiterate, we had to go…it was our obligation…so why were we treated so miserably by many civilians at home. Mea Culpa, sorry, I’m way off tangent here.  Viet Nam is an experience I’d like to forget. Again, in my day, the early 60s,  I did not just join the Military because I was gung-ho.  Unless one was in school or 4 F, if one had a 1A draft classification, they were subject as a patriotic duty to enter the military.  If not,  conscientious objector didn’t work frequently,  so one would go to jail or flee to Canada. 

/> I had a low # but was in HS and College from late 60's to mid 70's so the lottery was never recalled before the war ended. And while I had a college deferment, my brother was ripe for the picking but the war ended before he was called.

/> It was a terrible war ... I lost a life long friend who was a chopper pilot and got shot down. My wife's friend had a brother who was never right after returning home and as you said, the press stories of drugs and killings turned the public against the soldiers when it was their leaders who failed. An embarrassment to this country to not give the same support to men who enlisted or were drafted in that war as we see today.

SEMPER FI !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It doesn't really make sense that Celts play the 76ers (3 times) less than they play MIA, INDY, CHI, or pretty much anyone else in the eastern conference who they play 4 times.  Shouldn't you play your own division the most.  Bud Selig certainly thinks so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Mployee8....
    Re: It was a terrible war ... I lost a life long friend who was a chopper pilot and got shot down. My wife's friend had a brother who was never right after returning home and as you said, the press stories of drugs and killings turned the public against the soldiers when it was their leaders who failed. An embarrassment to this country to not give the same support to men who enlisted or were drafted in that war as we see today. SEMPER FI !!! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------Mployee8, Irrespective of the 1000s or words between you two as to who is correct, fudges explanations or just plain lies, I side with neither of you but I respect your reply to me which does not appear to be from someone "off the wall" but from someone with understanding and feelings.   I actually consider myself lucky to have been in the very first part of this war as I did lose a lot of buddies with whom I went to PLC, Platoon Leaders Class at Quantico and for other military, this is like OCS, who wanted to make the military their career.

Regarding your chopper pilot friend, Marines do not leave their wounded or killed behind and the most dangerous job was being a helicopter pilot who hovered over a rice field with automatic bullets going through its fuselage.   I was involved in some hill battles where the helicopter came in and picked up wounded and dropped off more ammunition. People have asked me it I smoked then, as I do not now, and I said "yes" because I didn't know if I'd be alive the next day. I need end this as I'm getting some bad memories, this topic has nothing to do with basketball and also I am on my iPAD in the parking lot at Oracle arena, I live in SF, waiting for GS to, hopefully, beat the Lakers.

Thanks for the "Semper Fi"

1st Lt Mando

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Celts go 5-2 over the upcoming  & tough 7 game stretch: win the first four with spacing between games & with 3 at home, lose at Chicago & Indy, then beat Philly at home.  If that happens, got a shot at the division.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Mployee8.... Re: It was a terrible war ... I lost a life long friend who was a chopper pilot and got shot down. My wife's friend had a brother who was never right after returning home and as you said, the press stories of drugs and killings turned the public against the soldiers when it was their leaders who failed. An embarrassment to this country to not give the same support to men who enlisted or were drafted in that war as we see today. SEMPER FI !!!  ------------------------------------------------------------------------Mployee8, Irrespective of the 1000s or words between you two as to who is correct, fudges explanations or just plain lies, I side with neither of you but I respect your reply to me which does not appear to be from someone "off the wall" but from someone with understanding and feelings.   I actually consider myself lucky to have been in the very first part of this war as I did lose a lot of buddies with whom I went to PLC, Platoon Leaders Class at Quantico and for other military, this is like OCS, who wanted to make the military their career. Regarding your chopper pilot friend, Marines do not leave their wounded or killed behind and the most dangerous job was being a helicopter pilot who hovered over a rice field with automatic bullets going through its fuselage.   I was involved in some hill battles where the helicopter came in and picked up wounded and dropped off more ammunition. People have asked me it I smoked then, as I do not now, and I said "yes" because I didn't know if I'd be alive the next day. I need end this as I'm getting some bad memories, this topic has nothing to do with basketball and also I am on my iPAD in the parking lot at Oracle arena, I live in SF, waiting for GS to, hopefully, beat the Lakers. Thanks for the "Semper Fi" 1st Lt Mando

Game just started on NBA.COM ... Enjoy it live while I take it in on my sammy flat screen.