Celtics New Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Celtics New Roster

In the highly unlikely event that the Celtics do not make any FA / Trades heading into the season...below is a possible roster...that is almost certain to land them with lots of pingpong balls in the 2014 draft lottery.

C   - Melo / Olynyk (PF) / Iverson

PF - Sully / Humphries / Bass

SF - Green / Wallace / Mitchell

SG - Bradley / Lee / Brooks 

PG - Rondo / Crawford / Pressey  

D – Joseph, White, Shav, Nolan Smith  (on roster until Rondo ready)

Notes:

To make the 15 layer roster, I released Bogans, since we're heavy at SG, he's 33, and he basically stinks.

Humphries, Wallace and Bass will be moved at some point sooner than later.

Needs:  Starting Center, starting SG, backup SF, backup PG 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Celtics New Roster

Sorry but Crawford is most definitely a SG, Olynyk is going to be a PF. It is what it is, we are 5 deep at both those positions and weak at the others.

PF: Bass, Sully, Olynyk, Humpty, Randolph

SF: Bradley, Lee, Crawford, Brooks, Bogans

I totally agree, Bogans (1 year deal the rest non-guarenteed) needs to be released. I think/hope/pray/love Humpty McDumpy is gone before game 1. Bass, I think, is an asset. We should get something back for him, especially if he is paired with one of our SGs. Pair him with Brooks, Lee, or Crawford and get back an expiring deal like Ariza or a Center.

I am hopefully Pressey is our backup PG

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Sorry but Crawford is most definitely a SG, Olynyk is going to be a PF. It is what it is, we are 5 deep at both those positions and weak at the others.

PF: Bass, Sully, Olynyk, Humpty, Randolph

SF: Bradley, Lee, Crawford, Brooks, Bogans

I totally agree, Bogans (1 year deal the rest non-guarenteed) needs to be released. I think/hope/pray/love Humpty McDumpy is gone before game 1. Bass, I think, is an asset. We should get something back for him, especially if he is paired with one of our SGs. Pair him with Brooks, Lee, or Crawford and get back an expiring deal like Ariza or a Center.

I am hopefully Pressey is our backup PG

bogans will be making almost 5mil. this season...we are not releasing him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

call me crazy...but that team as is isnt that bad to me.

Rondo, AB, Jeff Green? thats a great place to start, esp if Green takes another step as i expect him to this season..he is All Star capable. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

C- humphries/iverson/melo

PG-rondo/pressey

PF-sully/bass/olynyk

SF-green/wallace/datome

SG-bradley/brooks/lee/bogans

that's if the roster stays....ang i do think changes will be made...hope we can trade 2 for 1 or 3 for 1.

i see...joseph/randolph/white and crawford as gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

C   - Olynyk / Iverson/ Melo

SG - Bradley / Lee / Brooks /Crawford

PG - Rondo  / Pressey  

Looking at it on paper, we really are headed for the lottery.

I would have drafted that center from Brazil.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

who ? that flimsy center who is like 17 or something and weights like 90 pounds soaked? that guy is a total project probably way behind Melo cuz of his body..Guys, gotta be patient here..DA said some guys had to go..until the 10th..we just wont know..and there are needy teams out there that feel they could use Humphries and Wallace for a playoff run, that to me is no worry..I am afraid Crawford is the guy that will be difficult to move..I hope I am being optimistic but i do believe in Danny and when you dont hear anything, usually it means something good..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yeah you're probably right. I'd say this team is probably as talented as the Hawks were last year. Nothing special, nothing close to contending for a title, but not a lottery bound team.

I think it all depends on how they're coached, and the next moves that Danny makes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

R9R alot of noise out there but no big splashes..If you think about it, Miami and San Antonio remain the solid teams...so I mean, it only makes sense to stay still like DA is doing. I am fine with Cs being average but competitive..I think that would mean success for DA team including coach...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

cabu, you can't say that. I think the West just got even more competitive at the top with Houston and Golden State looking realllly solid right now. 

But you're spot on with DA holding firm. This free agent market just wasn't for us. We obviously didn't have the cap space and we don't really know what our needs are. I am on board with Stevens pushing the young guys hard with heavy minutes and seeing what happens. A lot depends on Rondo. Without Rondo, with Jeff Green as the best player on our team, we can be really exciting, push other teams, but ultimately come out with a lot of L's.

I just hope we can get rid of Hump. He's gotta go. I see him and Rondo creating locker room cancer. Wallace isn't as urgent, but still, he can't be part of our future. And again, we have 5 SGs yet somehow SG is still a need. AB stays, the rest go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Are roster isn't even official until 7/12. We haven't obtained Humpty,Wallace,Brooks et al.  As it is we are good as a lot of teams that made the playoffs. We can speculte all we want but we don't a clue as to what DA has got up his sleeves. Rondo,JG,AB, Sully,Lee and Bass we have a solid young experienced core and have 3 experienced guys coming from the nits Brooks 24 ,Wallace, who is 30 and other than last year has a consistantly all around good player. even Humpty Dumpty ,who avg a double/ double the 2 previous seasons as well. I'll admit I've never seen Olynik or Iverson ever play but highlites. I'll see them starting Sunday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Well yea some teams got solid but really, when it comes to it, championship caliber, I still see Miami (shiit and I hate to say this) coming out on top being LBJ the difference maker.. I mean DH went to the right place with Houston (cuz of Mchale) but that will take him a year before he improves and brings something new to his arsenal.. Lets see where Stevens can take this team..I have high hopes..always do though when it comes to C's..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Are roster isn't even official until 7/12. We haven't obtained Humpty,Wallace,Brooks et al.  As it is we are good as a lot of teams that made the playoffs. We can speculte all we want but we don't a clue as to what DA has got up his sleeves. Rondo,JG,AB, Sully,Lee and Bass we have a solid young experienced core and have 3 experienced guys coming from the nits Brooks 24 ,Wallace, who is 30 and other than last year has a consistantly all around good player. even Humpty Dumpty ,who avg a double/ double the 2 previous seasons as well. I'll admit I've never seen Olynik or Iverson ever play but highlites. I'll see them starting Sunday.

+1..well I thought I was the only one here counting on Wallace. Even if we cant move him, I always liked his grit..he puts his all in the game.. He was bad in NJ but I read he was not happy there either..so..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'd tweak this for three moves; FA signing Jarrett Jack with MLE, trade for Asik with either Bass or Humphries and BAE for Aldrich

C- Asik/Aldrich/Randolph (Iverson to Redclaws)

PF-sully/olynyk/Hump or Bass (whichever is here after Asik trade)

SF-green/wallace/Joseph

SG-bradley/brooks/Datome

PG-Jack/rondo/pressey

* Lee & Crawford are odd men out unless Wallace, Bass & Hump traded then maybe one stays at SG and Datome moves into the SF spot with some SG as needed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'd tweak this for three moves; FA signing Jarrett Jack with MLE, trade for Asik with either Bass or Humphries and BAE for Aldrich

SF-green/wallace/Joseph

SG-bradley/brooks/Datome

PG-Jack/rondo/pressey

* Lee & Crawford are odd men out unless Wallace, Bass & Hump traded then maybe one stays at SG and Datome moves into the SF spot with some SG as needed.

jack? didn't he just sign with the cavs? he got a 4 year deal....and you have 16 you have to count iverson on the roster even if he goes to d-league...and melo went in one of the deals? and where is bogans?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Jarrett Jack - G -  Cavaliers

Jarrett Jack agreed to a four-year, $25 million contract with the Cavs on Saturday.

The fourth year of the deal is a team option. The Warriors renounced his Bird Rights and wasn't expected to be back with the signing of Andre Iguodala. The Cavs didn't have much backcourt help with Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters last year, so this is a great landing spot for Jack. The 29-year-old guard said that Mike Brown was a big reason for choosing Cleveland. He gets a nice bump from his $4.5 million base salary last season and his big postseason was probably a part of it, shooting 50.6 percent from the field for 17.2 points per game. Kyrie Irving is a bit injury prone and Jack will have some stand-alone fantasy value, so he'll be worth your attention in the later rounds of standard drafts. Related:  WarriorsKyrie IrvingDion Waiter

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

C   - Olynyk / Iverson/ Melo

SG - Bradley / Lee / Brooks /Crawford

PG - Rondo  / Pressey  

Looking at it on paper, we really are headed for the lottery.

Playing Olynyk at C will get him killed and probably scar him for the rest of his NBA life...he's just not tough, athletic or stout enough to do the job...maybe in a couple of years after he's hit the weight room with a purpose, but not until...he's NOT really an NBA inside player based on the films I've seen...at least not more than 25-30 ,% of the time.

[/QUOTE]

yeah...i don't understand people keep putting olynyk at C when ainge said he's a PF...they know more than ainge?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

SF-green/wallace/Joseph

SG-bradley/brooks/Datome

PG-Jack/rondo/pressey

jack? didn't he just sign with the cavs? he got a 4 year deal....and you have 16 you have to count iverson on the roster even if he goes to d-league...and melo went in one of the deals?

[/QUOTE]

Wow ... I missed the Jack signing ... that was fast!

If Iverson is sent to Redclaws (2nd round pick - non guaranteed) he won't count as a roster spot.

Melo will be traded or end up with Redclaws until he's ready.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

SF-green/wallace/Joseph

SG-bradley/brooks/Datome

PG-Jack/rondo/pressey

jack? didn't he just sign with the cavs? he got a 4 year deal....and you have 16 you have to count iverson on the roster even if he goes to d-league...and melo went in one of the deals?

[/QUOTE]

Wow ... I missed the Jack signing ... that was fast!

If Iverson is sent to Redclaws (2nd round pick - non guaranteed) he won't count as a roster spot.

Melo will be traded or end up with Redclaws until he's ready.

[/QUOTE]

but you still have to count melo and iverson...because you have to sign iverson before you can send him to d-league...thats why i have my roster like that...changes will be made..but as of right now that's my roster..thats who i like...and bogans will make 4 to 5mil...you can't just release that..noway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It all starts tomorrow at 11 am.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Drummond and Olynyk both on the court at C/PF alternating positions and driving the defense crazy.  This running and gunning team would be exciting to watch even if they don't win many games.  

Season starts with starting 6 of:

C  - Drummond / Olynyk

PF - Olynyk / Drummond (Sullinger)

SF - Green

SG - Bradley

PG - Knight 

Olynyk surprises everyone with his skills and versitility, steps in day one as a starter.   

Both Green and Lee thrive in the new system.  Crawford, Lee and Bradley all get minutes at PG.

My crystal ball, backed up by Commie's source's friend's uncle says that:

Celtics lose out on the Wiggins and Parket sweeps and pick PG Smart from Okl St. with our 2014 first pick who immediately becomes a very capable starter in 2014/15 season and with the second first rounder, we pick Hezonja, 6'7" SG from Crotia, with the second first round pick, who eventually replaces Bradley late in the 2014/15 season.  Knight and Bradley become solid bench contributors.  The 2014/15 team takes the league by storm with Melo providing big help underneath!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.