Celtics no better than 6th seed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Celtics no better than 6th seed

Hi,
    Chris Mannix is absolutely right.
    Didn't you read the news: he's got an early X-mas present - the latest model of crystal ball. Now, it's very convinient - if for some miracle Celtics get 3rd or 4th seed, he can always say that it was a gift and he didn't know it's been made in China instead of, say, Japan.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think things have to break well for the Celtics to be in position for one last championship with this group of players. If It was me I would look at blowing this team up come February and getting some draft picks for  Garnett and Allen. I would keep Pierce for a couple reasons, one he deserves the opportunity to retire a Celtic, and two he is a good piece to a rebuilt team.
    The reason I say blow this team up if you are not in position to go for a championship after mid Feb. is there are a lot of really good players in the 2012 draft as some very good players stayed in not knowing how the NBA season would shake out so a late first round pick should still land you a solid player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I think that makes a lot of sense.....let's see where we are prior to the trade deadline.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have never liked Chris Mannix.  He may be right in tightly contested eastern conference but the Celtics will still be very competitive and angry to prove everyone wrong. Proving everyone wrong would be going deep in the playoffs. Not fighting to be a meaningless higher seed. Think 1999 Knicks and we are a lot better than they were.

His comments on Perkins will be proven wrong.  Perk will never be a factor, only in the most minimal role.  The Thunder can afford to have him, they have lots of other talent.  The leaner Perk is still slower than molasses.  And jumps in slow motion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

More significantly it is Rondo who may be why the Celtics are being downgraded.
    Nobody wanted him in a trade of any consequence and from an objective view Rondo needs to get his mojo back.  He looked anything but a game changer the other night. If he can't score we will be falling back as the season takes shape.

If he surprises and gets off to a good start I bet Danny will try to trade him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics no better than 6th seed:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Chris Mannix is absolutely right. Didn't you read the news: he's got an early X-mas present - the latest model of crystal ball. Now, it's very convinient - if for some miracle Celtics get 3rd or 4th seed, he can always say that it was a gift and he didn't know it's been made in China instead of, say, Japan. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

I like Chris Mannix.  Although, I do agree that the regular season hasn't even started and it is too soon to predict how any team will finish this season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

What???how can the philly and indie and even knicks will be better than the C's??Who do they have in philly???is this guys telling us that dwest will make them a contender??i do not think so!!!chandler??i think c's still better than the knicks,well i guess we will find out in couple days but damn if wade didnt injured rondo last seasson i think the c's had a better chance winning that series...chicago have drose but thas all about it,most teams are fast and gunning but good d and defensive rebound will stop them from running and gunning...I still like my c's....clippers are really good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

6th seed is way too low.  Championship is a big stretch for us, but falling down to the 6th position is just not reasonable, either.   Knicks will be a force, though so I could see us falling to 4th behind Knicks, Chicago, and Miami.   But, behind Indy and Philly is a major fall from grace that I don't see the Big 4 letting happen.  Bench is not bad and JON is going to be better than last year to give us 20 to 25 good minutes.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Last year, imo was our last "real chance"  to win it.  For mannix to say that we are a 6th seed isnt a huge stretch. Whats the difference if we finish 4th,5th or sixth in the east? Think about it?
    The worst thing to do in the east is finish 7th or 8th and have to play either the heat or bulls in the 1st round.  Other than that I could care less where we finish.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i love the enthusiasm...smh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticinEurope. Show CelticinEurope's posts

I think the Celtics have to play it smart this year and let the seeding drop a bit in favour of fresher legs and healthier bodies. The season’s too tight. They need to save a lot of playing time for the big three. Let the bench play more minutes. It’s not a question of making it to the play offs anyway. I’d rather have a 6th seed but with healthier bodies than a 3rd seed out of gas. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Give me 6th and a healthy playoff team over 1st and an exhausted playoff team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

The way the schedule is for all teams if a teams finishes 10 games above .500 it will be a good year. Going to be a lot of ups and down in the NBA this year. First month will be tough to watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celts would be lucky to grab 4th seed ... would take them staying healthy and some other teams coming down with injuries imo.

Our 2 biggest (by size) will be part time players, probably 1/2 a game per night and sitting out some other nights altogether.  All these back-2-backs..

We'd need some major contributions from our bench and hopefully Doc gives them time to become valuable and just doesnt banish them to the bench and run the old guys ragged, once again

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If the Celtics are a sixth seed it won't matter, if they can get it together by year end for Miami or Chicago we will be ready for them in the first round. It won't matter as it did not when we faced Cleveland and then Orlando in 2010. Bring them on if we are clicking.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics no better than 6th seed:
    [QUOTE]Chris who?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Kirk,
    Are you joking or you really don't know who Chris Mannix is?   

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/12/06/best.nba.games.2011/index.html

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

"This is the best team we have had since 2008"

Based on what? 1 preseason game? Or on paper? On paper last years team was def better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

But last years team turned out to be a paper tiger at the center position and no back up three to defend Lebron, so I wouldn't say it was better.  

I like  the 2010 team with Rasheed and Toney Allen off the bench.  Those two weapons are hard to come by for a post season run.  Don't know who can get inside Lebron's shirt like Toney could and wear him down during those five/six possession spurts like that, mentally and physically.  Daniels is a good defender at the 3 until he has to defend the big time players and then he gets man handled.  
     I think this year's team is a mystery right now.  But I'm looking forward to seeing what they can become.  there was a time when Big Baby's personality was a part of the dynamic to this team however, that course has run out and I think they have a chance to sort of redefine themselves.  Baby's hustle was good and his skills at taking the charge and keeping centers away from the basket were assets.  However, Bass will be a greater asset to Rondo than Baby was.  He's more vertical and will get some buckets by rolling toward the hoop in and catching passes from Rondo in ways that Baby couldn't.  

I like the two rookie draft picks.  It's probably going to take a little time for JJ to get into it but I expect E Moore to pleasantly surprise some folks.  I see him as a possible poor man's D Wade. 

If they can keep there wind and find something along the way then they'll have a chance.  I'm not scared of Miami, NY is a joke without guard play, or the baby Bulls as long as our guys have their steam going into the post-season.          

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Passfirst, 

I definitely agree with you about Rasheed and Tony Allen.  Ainge even admitted that not resigning TA last season was a mistake.  Doc doesn't usually give  rookies a chance, but he may have to change this season with all of the back to back games and if we have injuries. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

For the C's to make it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the way to the Finals they are missing only 2 pieces of the puzzle (yes I said only 2)

- A  7ft strong defensive center
    - A 6ft 9in scorer off the bench (who can average 18 ppg)

point said and point to be taken. We get these 2 we have a shot at Banner 18!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Sixers won't be better than the Celtics. Igoudala, Brand, Speights, Nocioni and Holiday are solid complementary players, not spectacular stars in their own right.

On account of their youth, athleticism, and superior roster depth, the Pacers have a chance to finish ahead of the Celtics. I doubt it will unfold that way. The Celtics still boast superior talent if you compare starting fives. Also, experience does matter in close games.

The only two teams in the Eastern Conference that are clearly better than the Celtics are the Heat and Bulls.

The Knicks are at about the same level as the Celtics. New York has an excellent frontline and a wildcard in Baron Davis manning the point guard position. Like the Celtics, roster depth appears to be a significant problem. When Anthony and the bigs go to the bench, I don't know how that team will maintain leads and score points. Mike D'Antoni's coaching philosophy could also be problematic. His players respective skillsets comprise the antithesis of the fast break style he favors.

If everything breaks right for the Knicks, they should be better than the Celtics. If it doesn't, I could see the Celtics finishing ahead of them. I anticipate the two teams battling for the No. 3 spot all season long.

The good news, from our perspective, is that I think the Knicks match up very well with the Heat and could knock them out in the playoffs. Carmelo Anthony is a volume scorer like LeBron James and Dwayne Wade, so they somewhat cancel each other out (especially given the tendency for Miami's Big Two to alternate in the same role). But New York's size should destroy anything Miami puts up against them in the paint. Stoudemire and Chandler are no match for Bosh. I could definitely see the Knicks defeating the Heat in a 7-game series.

Best case scenario for a championship Celtics team: the Knicks knock off the Heat and then the Celtics eventually end up against the Knicks, a team the Celtics swept last year, albeit in closer fashion than the box scores reveal. That scenario could unfold if the final standings look something like this:

1. Chicago
    2. Miami
    3. New York
    4. Boston
    5. Indiana
    6. Orlando
    7. Milwaukee
    8. Atlanta

Round 1
    (1) Bulls over (8) Hawks in 5
    (4) Celtics over (5) Pacers in 7 [similar to Celtics/Bulls in 2009]
    (2) Heat over (7) Bucks in 5
    (3) Knicks over (6) Magic in 6

Round 2
    (4) Celtics over (1) Bulls in 7 [there'd need to be some injuries with Chicago]
    (3) Knicks over (2) Heat in 7

ECF
    (4) Celtics over (3) Knicks in 6 [fatigue and letdown series for New York]

Finals
    (4) Celtics over not-ready-for-primetime Thunder, Grizzlies, or Clippers [the Mavericks would be too much to handle.]

This is probably the only path to a championship this year.