Celtics on the Front Burner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Celtics on the Front Burner

Count me among the dissatisfied customers of the Boston Globe's web site and their management of these forums.

And believe me, we are customers and consumers.  There is no free lunch.

My main complaint:  the management of the moderators.  It seems the moderators have no supervision and that they don't know what they are doing, or worse, don't care.  Not only that, it seems that they are personally involved in targeting certain threads and certain users and are generally clueless about the issues important to the Celtic's community that makes up this forum.

It's like the inmates are running the asylum.

It's a shame because it could be a great resource for both the Globe and for the Globe's customers, but as it is, I don't like it, and I don't much want to use it as it stands.

Anyone who feels the same can let them know by using this link:

http://www.boston.com/help/feedback/?p1=Foot_ContactBostoncom_Feedback

and choose from the drop down menu, Forums and Article comments,and ask for a reply.

Feel free to copy and paste this post or make you own case.

If they don't get feedback, they won't know there is a problem.

Remember that old adage, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

I'll see you when they get it right, if ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

forum

Hi Rondowski:

What would you prefer?  The past few weeks the biggest problem I've had is with the asinine Antoine Walker comeback threads.  Other than that I think the trolling is at a reasonable level where I can just ignore LA homers etc..  Not to be a jerk, but can you give me an example of something you think is complaint worthy?

I like this  board; lot's of Celtics fans and decent analysis.  I love the Celtics and anything that needs to be done to support the message board I am in favor of doing.

shines

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: Celtics on the Front Burner

What a surprise...the two supposed 'hard men' of the celtic forum are actually mice. Man up rondo and fury, if you weren't so biased in your basketball opinion then the Laker posters wouldn't upset you. I welcome their input, as the old adage goes....keeps your friends close and your enemies closer!

Quit the crying and move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics on the Front Burner:
    [QUOTE]I went on the LA times Laker forum today. As soon as I identified myself as a Celtics fan they banned me by IP address. I tried one of my other emails to try to get back in and was denied. BDC here's a crazy idea try that!!!!
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised! I'm on a Lakers site along with two other teams and have yet to be banned. Probably because I listen to all points of view rather than rant about them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

I agree the admins here are terrible and clueless. When Greenkilla can get banned a handful of times and they can't manage to ban his IP address it's rather sad. Also, there are about a dozen trolls that should have been banned ages ago that are overlooked by whoever the useless admins are on here. Very poorly moderated forums.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]I went on the LA times Laker forum today. As soon as I identified myself as a Celtics fan they banned me by IP address. I tried one of my other emails to try to get back in and was denied. BDC here's a crazy idea try that!!!!

LA Times Laker forum? Never heard of it. Mind sharing a link, I want to check it out?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

That would be the smartest idea for the mods. Ban the IPs and don't let them back on the board. Easy enough thing to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics on the Front Burner : Myu bad I miss posted the name the forum is Laker nation here you go good luck. the lakers nation.com/forums

I was going to say, I have posted on the LA Times Lakers forums many times, as Giant Green Bald Headed Lunatic, and have never been banned.  I got a personal email from the Kamenetsky (?) Brothers when they ran it.  It said, basically, that I was welcome on there as long as I didn't personally go after the long time bloggers.  In addition, when I did go after the team, I was personally attacked.  When I asked politely if there was a double standard, the second email I received said absolutely there is a double standard.  The blog is for lakers fans, and I was a guest. As a guest, I needed to act accordingly, or don't blog.  Our forum is better, we have more topics, and it is thus harder to monitor.  So, I am in favor of banning by IP address, if that's what it takes!  Two strikes and you're out, give them a warning........then hammer them!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Let me be perfectly clear: I am not complaining about trolls.  My complaint is about Stalking and about False Abuse Reports.

Trolls can be easily dealt with by using the Ignore Tab and by never responding to their threads or posts.

If everyone here stuck to these simple tactics, the Trolls would quickly disappear once their platform was denied them.  Trolls want attention, and if they don't get attention they lose interest.  If you don't feed trolls, they starve for attention and disappear.

Why users here feed trolls and then complain about them fustrates me to no end and is almost beyond my comprehension except for the fact that I do understand the psychology behind the urge.

Trolls are not a problem except for those of us who refuse to Ignore them and who continue to respond to them.

Stalking & False Abuse Reports

I am complaining about the Moderators and their Supervisors.  I am complaining about Stalking and about False Abuse Reports.

To further understand this see my post on the Forum, Talk to the BDC:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091Discussion%3a6ba9d787-e1f1-4c9d-95bf-20856bd34b06

and you will better understand my complaint.

LA trolls are a minor problem compared to the problems within our own community. 

As customers and consumers we should be entitled to a well managed forum free from the whims of ignorant moderators and from their supervisors who apparently don't want to do their jobs.

As I said, I have the documentation of where and when this problem began and how it progressed going back to 7/22 when I set in motion the steps that lead to the old forum being archieved and this, supposedly better, Forum was begun.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091Discussion%3a2af5b054-dbbe-4cab-8c7e-8dd549b6a9d9

This Forum was begun on 7/22, here's the proof:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9529Discussion%3ad7a8db5a-16e9-45c1-adbd-f85cf5ca2ad1

Since then there has been a vicious back-lash against me and open hostility and passive aggressive action directed against the users of this Forum by the moderators, and they should be called to task for their actions.

Use the link in the opening post of this thread to let the Globe know of your dissatisfaction with the management of this forum.  If, in fact, you are dissatisfied.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics on the Front Burner  Our forum is better, we have more topics, and it is thus harder to monitor.  So, I am in favor of banning by IP address, if that's what it takes!  Two strikes and you're out, give them a warning........then hammer them!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Hiding one's IP is very easy. That makes banning by IP address very, very difficult if not impossible.

Google "hiding IP address" and watch what pops up.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rassman. Show Rassman's posts

You could ban 2-3 IP addresses and probably eliminate 20% of the "users" on this forum. And I'm not necessarily talking about Lakers fans only.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]You could ban 2-3 IP addresses and probably eliminate 20% of the "users" on this forum. And I'm not necessarily talking about Lakers fans only.
    Posted by Rassman[/QUOTE]

That is a gross overestimate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about.  I made this post last night and it was deleted today.  Does it violate any user rules?  Does it violate any forum rules?  None that I know of, yet it was probably the victim of a False Abuse Report.

See the date and time of the post.

Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!posted at 10/18/2010 1:51 AM EDT  

Last: 10/18/2010
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3acce89960-d0a8-4681-90be-b6774ddb1c71&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:cce89960-d0a8-4681-90be-b6774ddb1c71Post:4cdccf33-6555-4941-85d6-ff9c0ca8daa9">Re: Celtics let game 7 slip away from them, not the refs!!!:yeah, puddinpuddin, because we wouldn't want anyone to go on way too long about anything, would we?
    Posted by BaileyPowe

-

Ha,  a man who knows what he's talking about. 
    Lol

." . . the lakers offense as a whole wasn't there and Celtics were doing pretty good. THen lakers tightened up on "D" and [and the refs began doing their dirty work]stayed consistant with it until [the refs had taken the celtics completly out of their game] their offense came around and they took over with some big shots."

Selective memory serves the self-serving very well, I guess.

Ain't it funny, ha ha, how those now wanting
    The New Taint Thread to disappear are the some ones who flogged it to death as long as it served their purpose, but they have now pushed it up to 180+.  They want it gone because it stopped going their way and morphed into The New Taint Thread.

Now watch for False Abuse Reports to get this post deleted.  

Character is who you are all the time.
     -RajonRondowski

Ya can't look at much, can ya, Man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

So trolls or others here that you've PO'd are filing false reports to get your messages deleted or a rogue moderator is out to get you?

"Paranoia strikes deep ... into your heart it will creep"

Other than a deleted post, how can you be sure you were banned? Don't they send an email of notification? And if complaints were being filed, wouldn't they check to see if the filers were trolls?

Of course it could be all those polls you post have just PO'd the board ... or that antoine poster is hellbent on revenge ... I kid!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]So trolls or others here that you've PO'd are filing false reports to get your messages deleted or a rogue moderator is out to get you? "Paranoia strikes deep ... into your heart it will creep" Other than a deleted post, how can you be sure you were banned? Don't they send an email of notification? And if complaints were being filed, wouldn't they check to see if the filers were trolls? Of course it could be all those polls you post have just PO'd the board ... or that antoine poster is hellbent on revenge ... I kid!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    -

Hey, is that a Stephan Stills quote from the 60's band Buffalo Springfield?

I wasn't banned, they claimed moderator error.  I received  no email noticifaction:  my posts just stopped appearing though they were visible to me as long as I was signed in.

Here's the letter from BDC:

Thank you for writing to Boston.com. Your posting privileges were suspended due to a moderator error, and have been restored. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience that this caused, and we will work to make sure that this does not happen again in the future.

Kind regards,

Customer Support

Boston.com

We all P.O somebody, sooner or later, but no, I don't believe the mods look closely at abuse reports or track who is filing them.  That is at the gist of my complaint.

I'm not talking about a few posts:  They have deleted about 25+ posts all of which I have saved with the time and date of posting just like I did with the one above that was deleted yesterday.

Just cause everyone's out to get me doesn't mean I'm paranoid.  LoL

I think with the preponderance of evidence I have compiled that it is clear that paranoia does not enter into it.  Twenty-five + post deleted, none of which violated guidelines, is pretty compelling evidence, don't you think.