Celtics overall B

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Celtics overall B

NBA.com rates celtics overall a B (equals to nets and knicks Undecided)

Those teams get better grades then the celtics :
    Chicago Bulls B+
    Dallas Mavericks B+
    Los Angeles Lakers A
    Miami Heat A(they didn't prove a thing yet)
    Milwaukee Bucks B+
    OKC A
    San Antonio Spurs B+
    Washington Wizards B+(what t f* ?)

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/summer/2010/celtics/

Category

Grade
    FrnCourt
    Jermaine and Shaquille O'Neal have 2,327 games of NBA mileage between them, but they will control the paint and make up for the early absence of Kendrick Perkins.

B

BckCourt
    Tony Allen's departure hurts, but Avery Bradley is probably the best perimeter defender of the incoming rookie class. He could contribute right away.

C

Defense
    Perkins' injury and Tom Thibodeau's departure will hurt the Celtics defensively. But if Kevin Garnett is healthy, they'll still be near the top of the league on that end.

C

Bench
    Allen and Rasheed Wallace are gone and the Celtics still don't have a back-up point guard. But when Perkins returns, no team will be deeper up front.

B

Coaching
    The Celtics will miss the defensive brilliance of Thibodeau, but Lawrence Frank is as good a replacement as you can get. And Rivers' decision to return was critical.

B

Grade Footer

B

Summary

Danny Ainge could have really shaken things up this summer, but the Celtics' stars and their coach are back for another run. And though it didn't seem possible, they got even older with the additions of the two O'Neals.

On-the-floor chemistry has been the Celtics' strength for the last three seasons. So integrating Shaq into both the offense and defense will be a critical challenge. But priority No. 1 with this team, as always, is staying healthy.

The Celtics proved last season that they don't need to tear through the regular season. They just need to be fresh come April. And when healthy, Boston is a tough out. They just may be short on talent when it comes to matching up with the new beast of the East, the Miami Heat.

Seriously who gives these grades? i bet that person didn't see the finals last year ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: Celtics overall B

Better check the link because the post messed up the lay out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

These guys with their rankings are always all over the place......the Celtics looked like they were done when the season ended.....what was their rating then? .......I'm guessing D or worse......well, well what do you know?.......I guess we were better than we looked.....going down to the last minute on the road in game 7..
    ....pretty cool...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Lmao all the trolls were posting about how good boston got over the off season and what happens...Lakers beat them again.

Lap it up boston, it's a season of misery for ya!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics overall B:
    [QUOTE]Lmao all the trolls were posting about how good boston got over the off season and what happens...Lakers beat them again. Lap it up boston, it's a season of misery for ya!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]
    Again ? Because a guy on nba.com says that LA is the better team ? It's like listening to charles barkley's predictions.... And Again? This laker team (more or less) and this celtic team(more or less) are equal in finals confrontations. Except we won more games in total and by more points. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Lmao all the trolls were posting about how good boston got over the off season and what happens...Lakers beat them again. Lap it up boston, it's a season of misery for ya!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

What trolls?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I think this kid just inspired a new term.............."teen troll"?.........or how about "adolescent troll"?.....both seem to fit huh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]I think this kid just inspired a new term.............."teen troll"?.........or how about "adolescent troll"?.....both seem to fit huh?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

What do you guys have against kids, huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Celtics overall B:
    [QUOTE]NBA.com rates celtics overall a B (equals to nets and knicks ) Those teams get better grades then the celtics : Chicago Bulls B+ Dallas Mavericks B+ Los Angeles Lakers A Miami Heat A(they didn't prove a thing yet) Milwaukee Bucks B+ OKC A San Antonio Spurs B+ Washington Wizards B+(what t f* ?) http://www.nba.com/reportcard/summer/2010/celtics/ Category Grade Jermaine and Shaquille O'Neal have 2,327 games of NBA mileage between them, but they will control the paint and make up for the early absence of Kendrick Perkins. B Tony Allen's departure hurts, but Avery Bradley is probably the best perimeter defender of the incoming rookie class. He could contribute right away. C Perkins' injury and Tom Thibodeau's departure will hurt the Celtics defensively. But if Kevin Garnett is healthy, they'll still be near the top of the league on that end. C Allen and Rasheed Wallace are gone and the Celtics still don't have a back-up point guard. But when Perkins returns, no team will be deeper up front. B The Celtics will miss the defensive brilliance of Thibodeau, but Lawrence Frank is as good a replacement as you can get. And Rivers' decision to return was critical. B B Summary Danny Ainge could have really shaken things up this summer, but the Celtics' stars and their coach are back for another run. And though it didn't seem possible, they got even older with the additions of the two O'Neals. On-the-floor chemistry has been the Celtics' strength for the last three seasons. So integrating Shaq into both the offense and defense will be a critical challenge. But priority No. 1 with this team, as always, is staying healthy. The Celtics proved last season that they don't need to tear through the regular season. They just need to be fresh come April. And when healthy, Boston is a tough out. They just may be short on talent when it comes to matching up with the new beast of the East, the Miami Heat. Seriously who gives these grades? i bet that person didn't see the finals last year ...
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

-

this is a joke:  even their math is off.  Check the link to the wizards grade:  they got a B+.

If the grades are averaged,
    A=5,
    B=4,
    C=3,
    D=2,
    and a 1/2 point for a plus or minus,

then the Celtics got an overall grade of 18, (3, B's and 2, C's,) while the Wiz got 17 (2 B's and 3 C's) yet the Wiz got a B+ while the C's got a B.

It's a joke about the inepitude of the people running that website.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

that article said we DO NOT have a backup point guard- ???  on any given night, nate is capable of functoning as a starting point guard on most teams in the league.  And any given night with a full season under his belt in our system, he will be able to step in and take over where Rondo's bashful disappearance acts begins and we won't miss a beat. 

Must be an old article or written by dolts.

As far as the front court goes, the way Perkins trailed off last season long before the injury, we are in much better shape with antique shak, lame germaine and big baby holding down the 4/5 (and of course garnett).

so i'm leaning toward written by dolts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]that article said we DO NOT have a backup point guard- ???  on any given night, nate is capable of functoning as a starting point guard on most teams in the league.  And any given night with a full season under his belt in our system, he will be able to step in and take over where Rondo's bashful disappearance acts begins and we won't miss a beat.  Must be an old article or written by dolts. As far as the front court goes, the way Perkins trailed off last season long before the injury, we are in much better shape with antique shak, lame germaine and big baby holding down the 4/5 (and of course garnett). so i'm leaning toward written by dolts.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Exactly maybe half the article was  written in free agency and they just messed up editing. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Don't get too riled up by a report/article like that. It lost credibility when it graded the Bucks and Wizards so high.

Agree with the OP. The Heat haven't done anything. Although a provisionally high rating would be acceptable. Remember the Celtics were in a similar position in 2008 when Allen and KG arrived. Rated highly but they'd accomplished nothing at that time.

I think these things are published and controversial grades are given to inspire conversation. So at that end the article is successful.

Also, the Spurs IMO are finished. They faded badly last season and I don't know if they'll improve any. Still a good team, but they've lost a step. May be proven wrong but I don't see them as a serious challenger in the West.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

It's a bit obvious when people say the Heat haven't done anything yet. Of course they haven't, the season hasn't started!!!!! Doh.

The Heat are for real, that's not to say they will win it all as they lack length and I don't see Bosh being a defensive presence against teams with numerous bigs. But they have a hell of a lot of talent and lets be honest, if those 3 from Miami wore green, all the celtic fans would be gushing effusively over the potential. So get real folks, Miami are THE major threat in the east.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I have a sneaky suspicion that RuMchale is old school with yet another blog name. Come clean with us. What was your past blog name?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Can't necessarily disagree with a B, but I would've given the C's at least a B+ for a few reasons:

The positives
    - They brought back the core at a discount.
    - Doc came back
    - The depth of the front court is the best in the league
    - Deepest bench in the league
    - Danny seems to have remedied the offensive struggles with the Wafer and Nate signings

The negatives:
    - TA didn't resign
    - Shallow depth at the 3 spot
    - Thibs is gone
    - Uncertain as to how the bench defense will play

So overall I think a B+/A- is a more accurate grade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

[QUOTE]Don't get too riled up by a report/article like that. It lost credibility when it graded the Bucks and Wizards so high. Agree with the OP. The Heat haven't done anything. Although a provisionally high rating would be acceptable. Remember the Celtics were in a similar position in 2008 when Allen and KG arrived. Rated highly but they'd accomplished nothing at that time. I think these things are published and controversial grades are given to inspire conversation. So at that end the article is successful. Also, the Spurs IMO are finished. They faded badly last season and I don't know if they'll improve any. Still a good team, but they've lost a step. May be proven wrong but I don't see them as a serious challenger in the West.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I agree that giving the Wizards so much credit is absurd.  But the Bucks will be a very good team with Jennings, Salmons, Douglas-Roberts, Corey Maggette, and Andrew Bogut filling the roster.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics overall B : - this is a joke:  even their math is off.  Check the link to the wizards grade:  they got a B+. If the grades are averaged, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, and a 1/2 point for a plus or minus, then the Celtics got an overall grade of 18, (3, B's and 2, C's,) while the Wiz got 17 (2 B's and 3 C's) yet the Wiz got a B+ while the C's got a B. It's a joke about the inepitude of the people running that website.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

-

I'd be curious to see what other teams got the wrong grade if you use the 5 point grade system and a 1/2 point for a + or - .

I haven't had the time to look at it more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

as for grading teams/players.....I just skimmed The Sporting News Basketball Preview....in ranking the centers, I was a little surprised....#1 Howard....no surprise...#2 Brooke Lopez?....in no particular order I remember Duncan at #, I believe (although he is a power forward most of the time)....Al Jefferson was #5 (see Duncan....although Al now plays a lot more at center)....I don't think Perk was even ranked due to being out with the injury (I believe their rankings were made based on anticipated opening day rosters)...Marc Gasol was ranked in the top 15 (top 10 even?)....I was surprised to see Bynum only ranked at #15....part of this is due to his history of injuries...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Can't necessarily disagree with a B, but I would've given the C's at least a B+ for a few reasons: The positives - They brought back the core at a discount. - Doc came back - The depth of the front court is the best in the league - Deepest bench in the league - Danny seems to have remedied the offensive struggles with the Wafer and Nate signings The negatives: - TA didn't resign - Shallow depth at the 3 spot - Thibs is gone - Uncertain as to how the bench defense will play So overall I think a B+/A- is a more accurate grade.
    Posted by Driscoll92587[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that 100%.  other than needing to shore up the 3, we are looking decent.  I'd like to think that someone could perpetuate thib's system for this last-run year.  It shouldn't be that hard.  The only challenge is getting the nw people in on it and there is ample time for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics overall B : I agree that giving the Wizards so much credit is absurd.  But the Bucks will be a very good team with Jennings, Salmons, Douglas-Roberts, Corey Maggette, and Andrew Bogut filling the roster.
    Posted by Driscoll92587[/QUOTE]

True. The Bucks really need to stay healthy (as does every team). Bogut getting injured last season seemed to derail them. Bogut was having a career year before that injury.