"Celtics Pride"???????? Not on this board... Do youngsters here know what it means???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

I'm probably the old man posting on this forum...I was THERE the night Cowens slid all the way across the floor to grab a loose ball in the playoffs...you could see the sweat stain all across the floor.....so no one here has to lecture me about Celtics Pride... I also lived through John Y Brown and the hedious combination of Curtis "skid " Rowe and the equally sucatacious Sidney Wicks...

Celtic's Pride? They were terrible last year, they should have moved on from KG and PP the year before and Celtic's Pride means not just getting to the playoffs to lose badly in the first round but having a REAL chance to win a championship.....that's just being a speed-bump for some other teams championship hopes.

They'll do the right thing...if they need to get into the lottery to do it they will...personaly, I don't think they need to TRY to stink, I think they WILL stink this year. But that's just my opinion...there is nobody on this roster that is a huge difference maker all by their lonesome...not even Rondo, and certainly not the current cast of 1st and 2nd year guys...in time, yes, and certainly with talent additions they will be, but not this year, and not without new and better blood.

Celtic's Pride is knowing they WILL get it done the right way, with planning and talent, not with unsubstantiated hope.

anyone who knows anything knows that there was "going through the motions" this last year by our supposed stars.  stars who did not have enough gas in the tank to do heavy lifting for 35-40 mins a night and a coach not smart enough to develop solid rotations, etc. etc.

we are a year late on dissolving the big 3.  it was over before ray left. 

i don't think we are sentenced to tank this year.  even if you are not the greatest team in the world you can still hustle.  i would argue that the new coach, who has had a large commitment made to him is best off starting off with some younger players who are more used to college style game (old fashioned ideas of hustle, meritocracy) than just trying to shovel in the wrong mix of the wrong veterans and trying to "win now" with some bad recipe that will end up cap crippled pitino style.

i like what we are doing.  i never thought the ML carr project was worth it.  there is not going to be another JBC draft deal that we get mchale AND parish out of again.  that was what's called a miracle.  start building a good system for players to play under and the rest will take care of itself. 

doc rivers is another thing we should have moved on from long ago.  that 5 year extension was horrific

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re:

Tanking

If you don't know what tanking is, here's the definition: Tanking is the art of professional sports teams deciding to stop giving their full effort, in hopes of increasing their positioning in a subsequent draft or for any other purpose.

Not the same as rebuilding

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm probably the old man posting on this forum...I was THERE the night Cowens slid all the way across the floor to grab a loose ball in the playoffs...you could see the sweat stain all across the floor.....so no one here has to lecture me about Celtics Pride... I also lived through John Y Brown and the hedious combination of Curtis "skid " Rowe and the equally sucatacious Sidney Wicks...

Celtic's Pride? They were terrible last year, they should have moved on from KG and PP the year before and Celtic's Pride means not just getting to the playoffs to lose badly in the first round but having a REAL chance to win a championship.....that's just being a speed-bump for some other teams championship hopes.

They'll do the right thing...if they need to get into the lottery to do it they will...personaly, I don't think they need to TRY to stink, I think they WILL stink this year. But that's just my opinion...there is nobody on this roster that is a huge difference maker all by their lonesome...not even Rondo, and certainly not the current cast of 1st and 2nd year guys...in time, yes, and certainly with talent additions they will be, but not this year, and not without new and better blood.

Celtic's Pride is knowing they WILL get it done the right way, with planning and talent, not with unsubstantiated hope.

anyone who knows anything knows that there was "going through the motions" this last year by our supposed stars.  stars who did not have enough gas in the tank to do heavy lifting for 35-40 mins a night and a coach not smart enough to develop solid rotations, etc. etc.

we are a year late on dissolving the big 3.  it was over before ray left. 

i don't think we are sentenced to tank this year.  even if you are not the greatest team in the world you can still hustle.  i would argue that the new coach, who has had a large commitment made to him is best off starting off with some younger players who are more used to college style game (old fashioned ideas of hustle, meritocracy) than just trying to shovel in the wrong mix of the wrong veterans and trying to "win now" with some bad recipe that will end up cap crippled pitino style.

i like what we are doing.  i never thought the ML carr project was worth it.  there is not going to be another JBC draft deal that we get mchale AND parish out of again.  that was what's called a miracle.  start building a good system for players to play under and the rest will take care of itself. 

doc rivers is another thing we should have moved on from long ago.  that 5 year extension was horrific

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree with you!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re:

In response to dirty52's comment:

Tanking

If you don't know what tanking is, here's the definition: Tanking is the art of professional sports teams deciding to stop giving their full effort, in hopes of increasing their positioning in a subsequent draft or for any other purpose.

Not the same as rebuilding

thank you.  hard to believe there is so much moral decay these days that the discernment between the two is virtually non-existent as exhibited on this board.  especially from some self proclaimed old timer fans who apparently think "tanking" is any time you're not a shoo-in for at least the ECF or more

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re:

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Moron??

What's you problem all I was saying was even Red fielded a bad team or two.

I not forget your poor  choice of words.

still not with it on the difference between "tanking" and "not being a dominant team"

we should be the latter, not the former, while trying hard all the time and developing offensive schemes and young talent. 

i'm sure when you saw nelson trying to D up kareem he wasn't trying half way- that's tanking. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re:

The Celtic definition of tanking is what Rondo did immediately following KP's trade to OKC.. DA should have got rid of the punk right then and there.. but both Doc and DA allowed and coddled that bad influence and created a real monster.

The traditional way teams tank is by holding out or playing their best players less during a game. What they dont do is destroy their roster in hopes of getting a top 3 pick.. something Fierce insists is going on... such nonsense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re:

In response to Karllost's comment:

The Celtic definition of tanking is what Rondo did immediately following KP's trade to OKC.. DA should have got rid of the punk right then and there.. but both Doc and DA allowed and coddled that bad influence and created a real monster.

The traditional way teams tank is by holding out or playing their best players less during a game. What they dont do is destroy their roster in hopes of getting a top 3 pick.. something Fierce insists is going on... such nonsense

Aww..Karl is thinking about Fierce again.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Re:

To the original poster: you were one of the Laker trolls that drove Sam out of this forum. And now your are complaining there are no posters like him here??? I was convinced runrunandrun/oldschool had the smallest grey matter in this forum. After reading the first post in this thread, I'm not so sure.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY AND THANKS FOR PLAYING.