Celtics/Raptors game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Celtics/Raptors game thread

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bayless 0-5 FGs and only 1 point tonight.

Even the rookie Pressey played better than Bayless tonight.

Bayless is just a PG who loves to shoot, nothing special.

[/QUOTE]

I thought you said he was a SG??? Flip-flopping already?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I you bragging about another prediction going against you? Hahaha!!!

So far I'm on the right on track.

But if the Celts end up with less than 4 wins, I'll be happier.

Tankapalooza!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

this year is in the tank and we are hoping for a top 5 pick and then next year is phase 2....go after a free agent and be loaded for bear in 15-16?

my mind can't envision the big picture...I'm thinking Rondo and Gordon Hayward in the back court   and we NEED acenter, but who saw these past two moves coming?

what the heck do I know about NBA transactions....I totally defer to Danny (and Stevens; and we know the ownership gives Danny all the latitude he needs)

I say we are in an enviable spot...I suspect more than a few GMs would very be happy to trade places with Danny Ainge

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

For us Bayless will be better than Lee cuz he's gonna be Rondo's backup ... if you think we swapped SG's you're a fool!

You're the bigger fool if you think leaving the Celts with 1 SG and having 3 PGs makes the team better.

Ainge will acquire Turner or Hayward?

Really?

When will this happen?

[/QUOTE]

You're in the prediction biz ... why don't you tell us. But Rondo is back and Craw is gone ... You think Trader Dan is going with Bradley with Bayless as his backup for the rest of the season?  And I suppose Pressey will be RR's backup .... Hahaha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

I thought you said he was a SG??? Flip-flopping already?

I never said Bayless is a SG.

What I said was Bayless will have to play some SG for the Celts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

You're in the prediction biz ... why don't you tell us. But Rondo is back and Craw is gone ... You think Trader Dan is going with Bradley with Bayless for the rest of the season?  Hahaha

Yup.

Trader Dan is going with Bayless and Bradley for the rest of the season.

It's very obvious Ainge is planning on keeping AB.

So if you're dreaming of Evan Turner or Gordon Hayward joining the Celts this season, it's time for you to wake up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Rondo will probably play 30 minutes or more per game.

So Pressey is good enough to be Rondo's backup.

It will be Bayless backing up AB at SG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're in the prediction biz ... why don't you tell us. But Rondo is back and Craw is gone ... You think Trader Dan is going with Bradley with Bayless for the rest of the season?  Hahaha

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Trader Dan is going with Bayless and Bradley for the rest of the season.

It's very obvious Ainge is planning on keeping AB.

So if you're dreaming of Evan Turner or Gordon Hayward joining the Celts this season, it's time for you to wake up!

[/QUOTE]

+1   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this year is in the tank and we are hoping for a top 5 pick and then next year is phase 2....go after a free agent and be loaded for bear in 15-16?

my mind can't envision the big picture...I'm thinking Rondo and Gordon Hayward in the back court   and we NEED acenter, but who saw these past two moves coming?

what the heck do I know about NBA transactions....I totally defer to Danny (and Stevens; and we know the ownership gives Danny all the latitude he needs)

I say we are in an enviable spot...I suspect more than a few GMs would very be happy to trade places with Danny Ainge

[/QUOTE]

Right ... So why is Fungus predicting no moves to improve if he can take advantage of another GM. Fungus acts like he knows more than Danny ... we should have kept Lee over Bayless? Let's see how that pans out. It's early and Trader Dan is just getting started!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Right ... So why is Fungus predicting no moves to improve if he can take advantage of another GM. Fungus acts like he knows more than Danny ... we should have kept Lee over Bayless? Let's see how that pans out. It's early and Trader Dan is just getting started!

It must be your short term memory failing you again.

I never said we keep Lee.

All I said was it's a downgrade going from Lee to Bayless.

I don't know more than Danny.

It's simply being realistic and not seeing things that are not there.

So far all the moves Danny has made points to one thing, and that's tanking.

Again, if you think Ainge will make a move to improve this team at this point in time, you're totally clueless!

The window for making a move to improve the team was shut the moment Ainge did nothing on Dec. 15.

Celts are 14-26 right now.

They're in too deep a hole.

Tankapalooza offically started today when Ainge traded Crawford for Miami's garbage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

ladies...PLEASE give it a rest

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Next move is to get rid of the remaining tradables.

Humpy should get us another 1st round pick.

Bass a 1st round pick at best or just a 2nd round pick.

Wallace can be dumped for a contract like Boozer's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Sixers Looking For First-Round Picks In Trades January 15 at 9:01pm CST By Eddie Scarito

The Sixers are going to be one of the more heavily talked about teams leading up to the February 20th trade deadline. The reason for that is their three prime trade assets: Thaddeus Young, Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes. The Sixers, though, won’t be willing to take back a “lesser player” in any deal without receiving a first-round pick, preferably from the upcoming 2014 draft, in return, tweeted Tom Moore of Philly Burbs.com. With the premium that most teams place on first-round picks, especially with the upcoming draft looking to be one of the strongest and deepest in years, this could have a negative effect on the Sixers chances to jump start their rebuilding process.

Young is obviously the most desirable asset for other teams, talent-wise. The 25 year-old forward is averaging 17.8 PPG and 6.6 RPG with a slash line of .499/.393/.719. He has expressed his desire not to be part of a rebuilding process and is the kind of player that could be a major factor on a contending team. He’s not a player that can carry a franchise, but paired with another star player or two, can be a difference maker. He has one more year on his contract after this one, with a player option for 2015/2016. His salary of $8,850,000 this season and $9,410,870 the next, is reasonable, but a difficult one to trade without having to take back similar dollars in return. With the Sixers looking to rebuild, they would most likely prefer an expiring deal, plus a first-round pick.

The other two players mentioned also have value, both being productive and just 25 years old. Turner is currently averaging 18.9 PPG, 6.3 RPG, and 3.9 APG. His slash line is: .438/.293/.816. He’s in the final year of his deal and earning $6,679,867. Hawes is contributing 14.3 PPG, 8.6 RPG, and 1.5 BPG, and a line of .485/.434/.775. He’s also on an expiring contract which pays him $6,500,000. Nice pieces for contending teams, but with expiring contracts not being deemed as valuable as in the past, they would fetch a lesser return than trading Young.

The Sixers desire for a first-round pick in return for trading these players for non-stars is a logical one. The team is in full-on rebuilding mode, and want to capitalize on the strength of the upcoming draft. They have two potential building blocks in Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel. Adding another young building block or two could put them into the weak Eastern Conference playoff picture next season. Even if they fall short next year, another lottery trip could set them up for a successful future run for years to come. Plus, by shedding more salaries, they could potentially be players for a free-agent score if they so chose. So any general managers should be prepared to sacrifice draft picks if they want to acquire one of the Sixers available players.

Hump & Clips 2015 for Turner & Hawes ... LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Next move is to get rid of the remaining tradables.

Humpy should get us another 1st round pick.

Bass a 1st round pick at best or just a 2nd round pick.

Wallace can be dumped for a contract like Boozer's.

Ainge is good but he ain't a miracle worker.  If he gets all that done, there should be a book or a case study of how to do a first year NBA rebuild.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It must be your short term memory failing you again.

I never said we keep Lee.

All I said was it's a downgrade going from Lee to Bayless.

I don't know more than Danny.

It's simply being realistic and not seeing things that are not there.

So far all the moves Danny has made points to one thing, and that's tanking.

Again, if you think Ainge will make a move to improve this team at this point in time, you're totally clueless!

The window for making a move to improve the team was shut the moment Ainge did nothing on Dec. 15.

Celts are 14-26 right now.

They're in too deep a hole.

Tankapalooza offically started today when Ainge traded Crawford for Miami's garbage.

[/QUOTE]

Moving Craw, Brooks & Lee points to "Tanking" .... And I'm clueless???

And why can't he trade now ... if he gets better players that doesn't mean we make the playoffs ... What's Dec got to do with it? There will be more players available for a well armed GM at the trade deadline and Danny is packing!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Moving Craw, Brooks & Lee points to "Tanking" .... And I'm clueless???

And why can't he trade now ... if he gets better players that doesn't mean we make the playoffs ... What's Dec got to do with it? There will be more players available for a well armed GM at the trade deadline and Danny is packing!

If you don't believe me then why not settle this with a friendly bet?

I mean if you're so confident that Ainge will make a move to make this team better at the trade deadline, let's have a friendly challenge.

The only move or moves Ainge is going to make is to get more draft picks or to dump the salaries of our tradables.

If the Celts get a player like Evan Turner, Gordon Hayward, or Spencer Hawes I lose the challenge and I'll make a thread telling everybody how wrong I was in thinking Ainge will not make a move to improve this team.

But if Ainge doesn't get Turner, Hayward, or Hawes, you make a thread telling everybody how wrong you were in thinking Ainge will make moves to improve this team.

We don't have to stop posting, just admit to being wrong.

Deal?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Ainge traded Craw, Lee, and Brooks for Bayless, Joel Anthony, and draft picks.

You're a fool if you think that's not a tanking move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You said tanking began when Lee was traded. Now you're saying tanking began when Crawford was traded today!

You sound like you're questioning tankapalooza ... every trade is the start of tanking ... Hahaha, Fungus isn't sure and how could he be given this ....

Considering how bad the East is, a team coached by Brown with MCW, a presumably healthy Nerlens Noel—fingers crossed—and two more lottery picks, that both could be top ten with the way the cards have been dealt to New Orleans recently, could be good enough to make the playoffs next season. And with the Sixers' currently owing their 2016 first round pick to Orlando thanks to the deal that brought He Who Must Not Be Named to the Constitution Center, that would leave Sam Hinkie with no first round draft picks of his own in two of three years.

Keep this in mind with the trade deadline under 40 days away so you won't be shocked if you see Hinkie acquire an extra 2015 first rounder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

You said tanking began when Lee was traded. Now you're saying tanking began when Crawford was traded today!

You sound like you're questioning tankapalooza ... every trade is the start of tanking ... Hahaha, Fungus isn't sure and how could he be given this ....

Considering how bad the East is, a team coached by Brown with MCW, a presumably healthy Nerlens Noel—fingers crossed—and two more lottery picks, that both could be top ten with the way the cards have been dealt to New Orleans recently, could be good enough to make the playoffs next season. And with the Sixers' currently owing their 2016 first round pick to Orlando thanks to the deal that brought He Who Must Not Be Named to the Constitution Center, that would leave Sam Hinkie with no first round draft picks of his own in two of three years.

Keep this in mind with the trade deadline under 40 days away so you won't be shocked if you see Hinkie acquire an extra 2015 first rounder.

The Lee trade to Memphis was a tanking move, not the start of tanking.

See the difference?

But you can always show the post where I said the Lee trade was the start of tanking.

Can you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Mployee

Just put up or shut up.

Don't hide behind those copy & paste articles you keep sharing with us.

I don't believe Ainge will get Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, or Gordon Hayward.

How about you, you really think Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, or Gordon Hayward will definitely wear green this season?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Celts at 14-26 and Ainge will add players that will make the Celts win more games?

Totally clueless if you believe that.