Celtics - Rondo = Chemistry + Wins!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Re: Celtics - Rondo = Chemistry + Wins!!!

Big reason why the Celtics are winning is everyone, especially the new guys, are just playing harder and for each other.   Which says alot about what they really think of Rondo.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

He has the skills, and I think he would actually be a more effective PG.  

Are you crazy?????????/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Bradley isn't a point guard and may never be.

Bradley is a swing guard. He can and has played both PG and SG. He hasn't played much PG because we needed him on the court, but Rondo was firmly entrenched at PG.  

Ok now Bradley is more effective than Rondo. What's next? Nate Robinson is more effective than Rose? Maynor is more effective than Westbrook?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Bradley is a swing guard. He can and has played both PG and SG. He hasn't played much PG because we needed him on the court, but Rondo was firmly entrenched at PG.  

How can he be a more effective point guard when Rondo is the best distributor in the league?  Does anyone remember the kudos Cousy has heaped upon Rondo?  Didn't Rondo have his streaked of 30+ games of 10 or more assists broken a month or two ago.  And he accomplished this despite the fact no one on the team is having a good year shooting the ball.  Paul, Terry and Lee are not having particularly good years.  But, of course, why don't we blame Rondo for their poor shooting.  I will admit his defense against point guards is inadequate, but isn't that why Bradley is so important to this team.  Why do we expect Rondo to be all world in every category?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to ET27's comment:

How can he be a more effective point guard when Rondo is the best distributor in the league?  Does anyone remember the kudos Cousy has heaped upon Rondo?  Didn't Rondo have his streaked of 30+ games of 10 or more assists broken a month or two ago.  And he accomplished this despite the fact no one on the team is having a good year shooting the ball.  Paul, Terry and Lee are not having particularly good years.  But, of course, why don't we blame Rondo for their poor shooting.  I will admit his defense against point guards is inadequate, but isn't that why Bradley is so important to this team.  Why do we expect Rondo to be all world in every category?  

We don't, we just expect him to play hard every game, but he doesn't. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just how effective was Rondo??  Are you talking about his personal assist stats or the teams success??

Rondo was annointed the teams leader and on floor coach by our intimidated coach Doc... the players all fell for it (publicly anyway)... so the leader and great distributor has led the team to a 20-23 record....

Now that hes out, we're 3-0 and beat the NBA champs to boot. Three more things seem very obvious to me:

1. The offense is moving the ball, shooting earlier with better shots, running and involving everyone

2. The defense has suddenly tightened with the departure of the Leader... not surprising

3. The attitude of the team appears much more upbeat and engaged...

Effective???

The leader and hof PG is effective when he leads his team to victories much more often than not and involves all teammates both on the court and off to make them want to sell out for the team.. I think Rondo was the anti team leader ... causing some teammates to resent him and turn off.... I could be wrong but its what Ive noticed on the court during his presence and the change since hes been out... maybe you see it differently

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to darkman20's comment:

Big reason why the Celtics are winning is everyone, especially the new guys, are just playing harder and for each other.   Which says alot about what they really think of Rondo.

It's more than that.

Rondo can't defend quick guards, and he dribbles the ball until there are only seconds left on the shot clock.

Agree with you about Rondo's ball movement.  I have to admit that so far the Celtics are playing better without Rondo.  It is only a small sample size and we have to wait to see what type of wins/losses the Celtics can have over the next 20 games or so.  The defense also seems to have improved without Rondo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Just how effective was Rondo??  Are you talking about his personal assist stats or the teams success??

Rondo was annointed the teams leader and on floor coach by our intimidated coach Doc... the players all fell for it (publicly anyway)... so the leader and great distributor has led the team to a 20-23 record....

Now that hes out, we're 3-0 and beat the NBA champs to boot. Three more things seem very obvious to me:

1. The offense is moving the ball, shooting earlier with better shots, running and involving everyone

2. The defense has suddenly tightened with the departure of the Leader... not surprising

Effective???

The leader and hof PG is effective when he leads his team to victories much more often than not and involves all teammates both on the court and off to make them want to sell out for the team.. I think Rondo was the anti team leader ... causing some teammates to resent him and turn off.... I could be wrong but its what Ive noticed on the court during his presence and the change since hes been out... maybe you see it differently

Having a big cup strapped across one's face and a look of ecstasy in one's eyes could impede anyone's vision. Having never done that(as well as having lasik surgery) leaves my vision @ 20/20...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Bradley will not play point guard for more than one quarter at most in a game all year.   Fact

six guys in double figures. 30 assists. 48 boards. moving the ball like there's no tomorrow. thank you Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I am greatly saddended and disappointed that Rondo, our acknowledged team leader and among the NBA leaders in serveral statistical catagories, is hurt.  It truely breaks my heart that now we can't trade him in order to improve the overall TEAM in virtually every way.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

“He’s clever. It’s really helped Avery. Avery has no ballhandling responsibilities. He’s playing a pure 2 right now, and it’s freed him up to play. Keyon has created two players, because Avery is better that way. You watched Avery last year. I thought he was paralyzed when he had to run the position, when he had to call plays. In the 3-on-3 pickup games he was terrific, so that told me, ‘Well, let’s make him that, and stop trying to make him a point.’ ”

Doc Rivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I am greatly saddended and disappointed that Rondo, our acknowledged team leader and among the NBA leaders in serveral statistical catagories, is hurt.  It truely breaks my heart that now we can't trade him in order to improve the overall TEAM in virtually every way.    

Dunk! I feel ya man! Very few here understand just what an undermining influence RR's personality and style had on this TEAM's chemistry and ability to consistnatly win. Its nice to see what it is like though. The C's are "healthier" psyche wise without him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/31/boston-celtics-rallying-around-rajon-rondo/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

+ 9

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Simple math! I TOLD YOU, and you all know who you are, SO!!!!! Kiss my azz.......

Good Math...... SON, thats a B I N G O  !!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Simple math! I TOLD YOU, and you all know who you are, SO!!!!! Kiss my azz.......

Good Math...... SON, thats a B I N G O  !!!

Bill, I am quite pleased to see that YOU, one of the few who have been seeing this guy for who he was for quite a long time, are being proven correct. No matter what anyone says, you correct and have been for a long time. I wish nothing bad for Rondo, just wish he weren't our "leader" and issue.......we can do so much better than simply have a circus player.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/01/31/boston-celtics-rallying-around-rajon-rondo/

jamez, this writer is simply a person with an opinion, no more valid than mine or yours. The difference is that the facts speak for themselves......0-6, RONDO goes down, 3-0 since. Why weren't they "Rallying around Rondo" and winning while he was healthy???? Answer: Because RONDO was in the way! You are a very gullible fan. Believe your own eyes, dude. RONDO is NOT a leader or an ideal payer for TEAM chemistry. Unfortunately for you, your opinion is not valid because you were defending RONDO when we were saying he was the reason for our losing streak even before he was hurt. Rondo himself by getting hurt and then us winning proves you wrong! Don't you see? Now stop grasping at straws man.........You can't change that 0-6 streak WITH GONDO!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

On the money!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

We don't, we just expect him to play hard every game, but he doesn't. 

Did DJ play hard every game?  NO, but he was still a great celtic, just ask Larry Bird.  Rondo does play good help defense. He shouldn't be guarding point guards that penetrate well.  Let Bradley do the dirty work.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Effective???

Lets not psychoanalyze the other players.  The fact is the so-called shooters we picked up this year to fill the shoes of Ray Allen are not that good.  So why don't we blame rondo.  Are you serious.  They are pros.  Make the shot! Lets see how they do on the road against more challenging teams. The win against Miami was great.  Maybe Miami took us for granted without rondo.  Maybe everyone on the C's realized they better do better or be shipped out of town.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

On the money!

The C's went on a winning streak when Bradley returned from his injury a few weeks ago. By the way, Rondo was the point guard during those wins.  Then Bradley suffered a minor setback and the team began losing again.  Now he is better and the team is winning again.  Maybe the fortunes of the C's is more likely determined by Bradley intensity on the defensive floor than it is by Rondo's absence from the team.  Is it really surprising for teams to respond favorably when a key contributor is injured?  It happens all the time, especially in the beginning.  Lets see what happens in the next month before concluding Rondo is a cancer on the team.  Have you ever heard Paul or KG criticize Rondo even remotely?  No!  They are HOF's who speak their minds.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe everyone on the C's realized they better do better or be shipped out of town.  

[/QUOTE]

Maybe ET would prefer that the Cs lose when Rondo isn't playing.

Winning at this point confuses him greatly.

Pud