Celtics shot at Howard better than Lakers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Celtics shot at Howard better than Lakers.

Bad news for the Lakers on the Howard front. Jerry Buss is turning much of the team over to Jim Buss a frightening proposition for Laker fans. Jim is the insecure and largely incapable son of Jerry Buss. One of Jim's accomplishments has been antagonizing Phil into wanting out and ignoring kobe in the hiring of the great Mike Brown (had to stifle a giggle there but I managed it.) 

Anyway Jim has made it clear that Andrew bynum is untouchable, and the only way the Lakers have a chance at Howard is in a sign and trade that revolves around Bynum (not that I think the magic want his creaky knees anyway) so it looks like it won't be happening.

The Celtics on the other hand have a max deal available, we will have Pierce, Rondo and Green most likely under contract and might be able to convince Garnett to take a bit less to work beside Howard (man woulnd't that be the greatest defensive team ever?) We have one of the best coaches in the NBA  that players around the league want to play for in Doc Rivers. Finally, we'd be offering Howard the chance to be the next Bill Russel, the Greatest Center of all time who has more rings than any poor Laker Center could dream of. 

All of this depends on the next CBA agreement and Howard might just decide to stay with the magic or get lured somewhere else or fall victim to a new franchise tag. But our odds are better than the Lake show and so, as Rico would say, "In Buss we Trust!" Jim Buss that is.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Celtics shot at Howard better than Lakers.

Hey Rico "In Buss We trust!" :) 

Here is a great article on the subject you should read. My condolences on the Jim Buss thing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics shot at Howard better than Lakers.:
    [QUOTE]Speculation just like every sports writer. You and me the way we defend our beloved C's as fans and Dr. Buss is a fan that is why he is the most successful owner in sports and hall of fame owner. Do you think he has nothing to do with the Lakers decisions???? Again, "who ever believes Dr. Buss is not in charge is dead wrong." " YOU CAN TAKE THE ANIMAL FROM THE JUNGLE BUT YOU CAN TAKE THE JUNGLE FROM THE ANIMAL" Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Speculation on your part. You have no idea what role Buss is playing now, and you are far less likely to know than a major sports writer with contacts inthe organization. Dr. Buss is old, it makes sense he wants his kids involved, it's just too bad for you his son is incomeptent.

IN BUSS WE TRUST!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]And you do and the sports writer too????? HA! HA! HA! HA!

I'm so sorry about your poor Lakers Rico.

In BUSS We trust (Jim Buss that is HAHAHAHAHAH)

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Poor Rico. The Lakers demist is killing him. Well at least you have Jim Buss to fix things right? 

In Buss we trust ( Jim Buss that is HAHAHAHAHA)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Q: Who makes the final decision in the Brown hiring? Mitch: In the end, it's always going to be the ownership, so I would say that it's Dr. Buss. He, Jim, and myself make the basketball decisions. If there's a tie (between Jim / Jerry), it's usually me that breaks the tie. Ownership has the last say. Q: Was Coach Brown the unanimous choice? Mitch: Yes. NUFF SAID... IF YOU WANT TO KEEP SPECULATING FINE WITH ME, I GOT IT FROM THE LAKERS GM. I HAVE 2 CHOICES BELIEVE THE GM OR BELIEVE YOU.

Sorry, Rico Mitch is putting on a good face. I know it breaks your heart but Jim Buss is in charge now. Without phil to antogonize he'll probably go after Kobe. It's all crashing down.

In Buss we trust! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jim Buss is running the Lakers now, and this is a frightening proposition for everyone. Bryant doesn’t have a strong sense of Brown, sources with knowledge of his thinking said. He hasn’t offered a blessing or a condemnation. Brown was an Eastern Conference coach. He’s something else too: Jim Buss’ way of pushing far from Phil Jackson, passing over longtime assistant Brian Shaw, and staking claim to his own guy. He’s the insecure and largely incapable son of an iconic owner, the older brother of Jeannie Buss, the far more competent sibling to run the franchise.

In Buss we trust! (Jim Buss that is!)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]OK Fierce 34. NO, what is killing me is our Celtics demise, If Doc couldn't do it last season how will he do it this season with the Old 3, 1 year older. When are we gonna fire Danny's ARSS????? HA! HA! HA! HA!

But we have cap room in 2012. The Lakers have none! And Jim Buss won't trade Bynum.

IN Buss we trust! (Jim Buss that is! HAHAHA)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]SOURCES, SOURCES SOURCES HA! HA! HA! HA!

One of the best sports columnist ni the country!

IN Buss we trust (just sayin')

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Dr. Jerry Buss is still the owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, but he’s not the guy pulling the strings anymore, the power shift to son Jim Buss is pretty much complete.

Jim Buss, who had a reputation as a playboy in his younger days, runs the basketball side of the operations while his sister Jeanie (outgoing coach Phil Jackson’s girlfriend) runs the business side of the Lakers.

Dr. Jerry Buss still has the last say on everything, but his role is greatly diminished. He did not even attend the Lakers victory parade last year, instead being spotted playing poker in a local card club. Still, it can be a little like Kremlinology to figure out who is running what inside the Lakers organization. This is a clear sign.

Jim Buss interviewed Mike Brown while Mitch Kupchack and Dr. Buss were at pre-draft camps in Illinois and Minnesota, the LA Times reported.

Jim Buss also made the call to hire Rudy Tomjanovich last time Phil Jackson stepped away from the organization. That ended poorly, with Tomjanovich leaving midway through the season and eventually Jackson having to be brought back to calm season ticket holders. The good news is that Brown has already coached in a high-pressure circus and should be better prepared for the Lakers gig in that sense.

This hiring is not sitting well with Lakers fans, who remember Brown’s stagnant offenses in Cleveland. Things were not as bad as they appeared there, that was a matter of the players on the roster around LeBron James to a degree. Still, the execution of the Xs and Os was an issue under Brown before.

But Jim Buss wants him, so Mike Brown is the man.

http://probasketball...ng-power-shift/

In Buss We trust! (Just Sayin')

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Laker nation appears to be in a panic over this.

Poor Rico, What's a laker fan to do?

In Buss we trust! (just Sayin')

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Tell me what can we offer the Magic for Howard??????? Lakers can offer a pakage of Gasol and the six man of the year Odom. Look at Dr. Buss track record 5 rings in the last 11 years, and look at ours, 23 years for a ring. Don't worry by 2030 we'll win again. Just saying...

To What be Bynum's backup? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In Buss we trust!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.