Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents

I  live  in  Houston.  I  watched  all  Houston's  2009  home  games  when  Von  Wafer  was  there,  and  I  am  very  very  familiar  with  Von  Wafer  and  the  Houston  Rockets.

Von  Wafer  was  the  engineer  to  the  Houston  Rocket's  aggresive  and  hutsling  play in 2009.  Rick  Adelman  so  loved  his  play  that  he  even  moved  him  into  the  starting  line  up.  While  he  was  in  the  starting  line  up  in  2009,  he  led  Houston  with  23 points,  10-14  shooting,  to  beat  the  lakers  at  some  point.  He  also  led  Houston  with  21 points  against  the  Jazz  in  that  same  year.

When  he  came  back  from  Europe,  the  Rockets  signed  him  to  another  contract,  but  unfortunately,  he  failed  his  physical,  and  that  was  why  they  couldn't  sign  him.

I  believe  he  couldn't  shine  in  Boston  because  of  too  many  stars  and  too  many  Hall  Of  Famers,  and  his  minutes  are  very  limited.  While  in  Houston,  he  was  their  first  or  second  option  when  he  was  on  the  floor.  But  in  Boston,  he  is  like  the  last  option,  and  I  think  that  killed  his  confidence.  NBA  is  a  game  of  confidence.

Celtics  should  look  for  ways  to  bring  back  his  confidence  because  he  is  a  guy  who  can  really  help  Boston.  If  Boston  let  him  go,  Houston  will  pick  him  right  away,  and  Rick  Adelman  knows  how  to  use  him.  They  should  play  him  more  and  build  back  his  confidence.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, he is not home.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents

Wafer is really the only guy who can break a man down and get to the rim.  They need to spread the floor and let him go to work.  He doesnt need to shoot jumpers, he needs to go to the basket and lay it up, slam, or dish to someone open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The problem with Wafer is he's not a high percentage shooter. He's a volume shooter, needs a lot of shots to get points. Since Daniels went down Wafer has gotten Daniels' playing. So far Wafer hasn't made the most out of it yet. But he still has 2 games left to prove himself before the Celtics make a move to add another SG/SF after the All-Star break. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

@jdm894g,  you  are  right.

@P34,  I agree  he  is  a  volume  shooter,  but  can  be  a  high  percentage  shooter  as  well.  It  all  depends  on  how  you  use  him.  The  floor  should  be  spaced  for  him  cause  he  can  take  it  to  the  basket  at  any  time.  He  doesn't  need  to  shoot.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn how to say, he is not home.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Tomorrow will be Wafer's chance to rise to the occasion. With Lebron and Wade the Celtics' Pierce and Ray will need Wafer to be at his best because most likely foul trouble will be an issue. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Chief Eddie,
    I am glad to hear what you know.  I see him on the floor and you can tell he has a lot of talent.  

His teammates did not look for him enough against the Lakers and I hope they do Sunday.  Wafer needs to know he is going to get several shots and not get pulled by Doc.  I hope he comes through for us Sunday. The town will love him for it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents:
    [QUOTE]Chief Eddie, I am glad to hear what you know.  I see him on the floor and you can tell he has a lot of talent.   His teammates did not look for him enough against the Lakers and I hope they do Sunday.  Wafer needs to know he is going to get several shots and not get pulled by Doc.  I hope he comes through for us Sunday. The town will love him for it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

concord27,  you  are  right,  I  mentioned  in  my  post  that  he  is  the  last  option  when  he  is  on  the  floor,  and  that's  why  his  teammates  are  not  looking  for  him.  And  that  can  kill  one's  confidence,  hence  his  confidence  is  down.  I  wish  Doc  knows  how  to  use  him.  He  not  only  can  shoot  3's,  he  can  take  it  to  the  basket  at  anytime.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, he is not home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Another oppurtunity for Wafer. They come few and far between. I like him and think he will play well against Miami. Hope he can stay ouy of foul trouble while still staying aggressive. But, he has to be aggressive to be effective, that is key.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm glad you have alot of confidence in Wafer and he does show flashes.

I have one question. Do you think Houston would be willing to talk trade?? :-) 

They have a few pieces the C's could use.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Does anyone think he will be grounded by the officials today against the Heat? You know how hard it is to get a break against the "super stars" of the league. Sometimes your penalized for making a good play. Like the clean block on Gasol. Even if he fouls out, he needs to stay aggressive.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad you have alot of confidence in Wafer and he does show flashes. I have one question. Do you think Houston would be willing to talk trade?? :-)  They have a few pieces the C's could use.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias,  of  course  Houston  will  take  Von  Wafer  at  any  time.  He  shines  in  their  system  and  Rick  Adelman  knows  how  to  use  him.

Remember,  before  the  Celtics  picked  him,  Houston  first  signed  him  after  he  came  back  from  Europe,  but  unfortunately,  he  failed  his  physical.  I  don't  know  how  he  passed  Boston's  physical.

They  still  love  him  in  Houston  because  he  fits  right  into  Rick  Adelman's  system.  And  he  is  still  very  young.  I  just  wish  Doc  knows  how  to  use  him.

If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad you have alot of confidence in Wafer and he does show flashes. I have one question. Do you think Houston would be willing to talk trade?? :-)  They have a few pieces the C's could use.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Anything that makes the team better should be considered. The opinions on WHAT makes the team better vary widely. At the end of the day there is only one opinion that matters. That's your own.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents:
    [QUOTE]I  live  in  Houston.  I  watched  all  Houston's  2009  home  games  when  Von  Wafer  was  there,  and  I  am  very  very  familiar  with  Von  Wafer  and  the  Houston  Rockets. Von  Wafer  was  the  engineer  to  the  Houston  Rocket's  aggresive  and  hutsling  play in 2009.  Rick  Adelman  so  loved  his  play  that  he  even  moved  him  into  the  starting  line  up.  While  he  was  in  the  starting  line  up  in  2009,  he  led  Houston  with  23 points,  10-14  shooting,  to  beat  the  lakers  at  some  point.  He  also  led  Houston  with  21 points  against  the  Jazz  in  that  same  year. When  he  came  back  from  Europe,  the  Rockets  signed  him  to  another  contract,  but  unfortunately,  he  failed  his  physical,  and  that  was  why  they  couldn't  sign  him. I  believe  he  couldn't  shine  in  Boston  because  of  too  many  stars  and  too  many  Hall  Of  Famers,  and  his  minutes  are  very  limited.  While  in  Houston,  he  was  their  first  or  second  option  when  he  was  on  the  floor.  But  in  Boston,  he  is  like  the  last  option,  and  I  think  that  killed  his  confidence.  NBA  is  a  game  of  confidence. Celtics  should  look  for  ways  to  bring  back  his  confidence  because  he  is  a  guy  who  can  really  help  Boston.  If  Boston  let  him  go,  Houston  will  pick  him  right  away,  and  Rick  Adelman  knows  how  to  use  him.  They  should  play  him  more  and  build  back  his  confidence. If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, he is not home.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

During your Wikipedia research of the awesome Vakeaton Quamar Wafer, you forgot to mention that he was a reject of the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, and some Greek Euroleague club called Olympiacos Piraeus.  But I digress; please continue your glowing assessment of this obvious NBA journeyman and Celtics Saviour.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : During your Wikipedia research of the awesome Vakeaton Quamar Wafer, you forgot to mention that he was a reject of the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, and some Greek Euroleague club called Olympiacos Piraeus.  But I digress; please continue your glowing assessment of this obvious NBA journeyman and Celtics Saviour.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Okay....on your team he'd play over Walton, Ratliff, Smith, Ebanks, Caracter and maybe Barnes.  He's a lot like Shannon Brown without the leaping.  One night hot, the next night can't shoot a lick.  Yes, I think on your team he'd be the second guard in the game after Blake!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : Okay....on your team he'd play over Walton, Ratliff, Smith, Ebanks, Caracter and maybe Barnes.  He's a lot like Shannon Brown without the leaping.  One night hot, the next night can't shoot a lick.  Yes, I think on your team he'd be the second guard in the game after Blake!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The last time victorlee posted was last November 25, 2010. I wonder where he went when the Lakers were choking.

HAHAHA!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : During your Wikipedia research of the awesome Vakeaton Quamar Wafer, you forgot to mention that he was a reject of the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Blazers, and some Greek Euroleague club called Olympiacos Piraeus.  But I digress; please continue your glowing assessment of this obvious NBA journeyman and Celtics Saviour.

You  just  exposed  yourself  telling  us  about  your  research  in  wikipedia.  I  don't  need  any  research  to  tell  you  about  Von  Wafer  or  the  Rockets.  I  live  in  Houston  and  I  know  Von  Wafer  very  well.  I  am  not  here  to  display  his  weaknesses,  which  every  player  has,  but  to  tell  you  about  his  strenghts  which  could  be  tapped  into  and  be  utilized.  Get  it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : Okay....on your team he'd play over Walton, Ratliff, Smith, Ebanks, Caracter and maybe Barnes.  He's a lot like Shannon Brown without the leaping.  One night hot, the next night can't shoot a lick.  Yes, I think on your team he'd be the second guard in the game after Blake!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

C'mon, rejected by the Clippers?  That's like Al Qaeda rejecting a suicide bomber.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Wafer has 3 big weaknesses 1 He's inconsistant 2 He can be man handled by bigger players badly and 3 He seems to make his mistakes at the worst time. I think he is an asset to this team but he has to be more consistant and more mentally tough to be  6-7 guy in the rotation off the bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : You  just  exposed  yourself  telling  us  about  your  research  in  wikipedia.  I  don't  need  any  research  to  tell  you  about  Von  Wafer  or  the  Rockets.  I  live  in  Houston  and  I  know  Von  Wafer  very  well.  I  am  not  here  to  display  his  weaknesses,  which  every  player  has,  but  to  tell  you  about  his  strenghts  which  could  be  tapped  into  and  be  utilized.  Get  it? If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

So I used Wikipedia, who hasn't?  Besides, your comments

" While  he  was  in  the  starting  line  up  in  2009,  he  led  Houston  with  23 points,  10-14  shooting,  to  beat  the  lakers  at  some  point.  He  also  led  Houston  with  21 points  against  the  Jazz  in  that  same  year."

Was straight out of the Wikipedia playbook, unless you somehow got that from memory, in which case you should be in Vegas counting cards.  Fact is, he's been toss around by 6 pro teams.  Of course, they could have all been dumb and blind, in which case the Celtics have found themselves a nugget.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : C'mon, rejected by the Clippers?  That's like Al Qaeda rejecting a suicide bomber.

Are  you  an  idiot?  You  need  to  understand  basketball.  Michael  Jordan  was  rejected  by  his  high  school  team,  only  to  become  the  best  basketball  player  ever.

If  you  understand  basketball,  different  players  flourish  at  different  occasions,  in  different  teams,  with  different  coaches,  with  different  players,  and  in  different  scenarios.  Try  to  understand  basketball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

It is true that players blossom at different times of their career. You just have to know how to pick em. Easier said than done. I think Wafer is someone worth looking at till at least the end of the year. He needs to keep playing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : Are  you  an  idiot?  You  need  to  understand  basketball.  Michael  Jordan  was  rejected  by  his  high  school  team,  only  to  become  the  best  basketball  player  ever. If  you  understand  basketball,  different  players  flourish  at  different  occasions,  in  different  teams,  with  different  coaches,  with  different  players,  and  in  different  scenarios.  Try  to  understand  basketball. If a man is a debtor, his wife must learn to say, "He is not home"

Talk about Idiot, using Jordan as the basis for your Von Wafer argument.  Rejected by your high shool team while you're just a kid is not the same as being dumped by 6 pro teams, one of them the pathetic Clippers.  He was so good, the Clippers allow him to play a total of 1 minute!  You're dumber than I thought.  You can "tap" and "utilize" all you want.  In the end, you're getting a 40% streak shooting one dimensional player who can't play defense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's a good sign when trolls talk trash before the Celtics play a big game. If the Celtics beat the Heat today, credit victorlee1234 for jinxing the Heat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Should Tap Into Von Wafer's Talents : C'mon, rejected by the Clippers?  That's like Al Qaeda rejecting a suicide bomber.

Your analogies are stupid and extremely distasteful!