Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon

http://celticshub.com/2010/10/19/report-cs-sign-tiny-gallon-will-send-him-to-nbdl/#more-10175

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon

More than likely they will send him to Jenny Craig's!!! I didn't see your post when I was typing mine up sorry about that P34.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon:
    [QUOTE]More than likely they will send him to Jenny Craig's!!! I didn't see your post when I was typing mine up sorry about that P34.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

It's okay.Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon:
    [QUOTE]http://celticshub.com/2010/10/19/report-cs-sign-tiny-gallon-will-send-him-to-nbdl/#more-10175
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this.   If you go to the YouTube one, you can see #11 Avery Bradley as Tiny's teammate!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I wonder what is going on. The C's only have one roster spot open. We were all figuring that it would be filled by Lasme or Wafer. Now this guy pops up. It a non-guaranteed contract, but it's still confusing to me.
        Remember that all players sent to the D.League are counted on the 15 man roster. If anyone out there can make sense out of this, please explain it to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder what is going on. The C's only have one roster spot open. We were all figuring that it would be filled by Lasme or Wafer. Now this guy pops up. It a non-guaranteed contract, but it's still confusing to me.     Remember that all players sent to the D.League are counted on the 15 man roster. If anyone out there can make sense out of this, please explain it to me.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Maybe this will help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not sure how the affiliation process works as far as D-league is concerned. I know the Maine Red Claws are an affiliate of the Celtics but I have no idea how placing players on this team affects any future playing time with the Celtics for any player signing with the Red Claws. I'm also not sure that players sent to the Claws are considered part of the Celtics ecxept those designated by the team,but the 15 man roster thing is a bit confusing when trying to determine who would be eligible for automatic call ups if needed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

stacking up for next year perhaps?? Remember, this is Perkins last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Thanks Fierce. That article you posted makes it clear. It appears the C's can sign 3 players to D.League contracts and still send down some under NBA contracts such as Bradley or Harrangody.
        Tiny Gallon appears to be a project for the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Fierce. That article you posted makes it clear. It appears the C's can sign 3 players to D.League contracts and still send down some under NBA contracts such as Bradley or Harrangody.     Tiny Gallon appears to be a project for the future.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

"...a project for the future."

the "future" may be near , if "baby-doll" is traded this year...

or if "baby-doll" walks after this year....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Fierce. That article you posted makes it clear. It appears the C's can sign 3 players to D.League contracts and still send down some under NBA contracts such as Bradley or Harrangody.     Tiny Gallon appears to be a project for the future.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Remember when we traded for Dwayne Jones and invited Matt Janning to camp?

Looks like Matt will make the roster and Jones will be looking for a job

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/10/20/1762964/garret-siler-matt-janning-make-the-phoenix-suns-roster-meaning-dwayne

P.S. For those that wre also pulling for Deshawn Sims!

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=Greece&Team=269&Page=1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]stacking up for next year perhaps?? Remember, this is Perkins last year.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

i sure hope it's for that (perkins) and not finding a cheap-skate replacement for davis.  davis has earned his keep with this team and is still improving and undervalued even if you give him a 100% raise in a new contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well with Shaq ,BBD and Gallon the only thing the Patriots will need for their offensive line is a couple of guards.... BBD and Gallon being the LT and RT's while Shaq plays the Center. This is a humondous Front line in seriousness three guys who are all either 300 lbs and darn near it ! Shaq is what 350, Gallon is reportedly 300 and only BBD's mom and Dietician know how much he really weighs but let's just be conservative and say somewheres around 290..This line would be a formidable O-line in football.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

if you saw this guy play last year as a freshman in college, you would understand why a team could be interested in him as a "project".

he is not yet a finished NBA pro product by any means, but is big, strong and physical for a 19 year old kid.  he can use either hand, etc.  his weight looks like it could be a a problem but probably a solvable one especially when he learns that his potential career could be tied to his weight.

if the celtics can hide him in the D-league for a year he is worth keeping around for at least a year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]if you saw this guy play last year as a freshman in college, you would understand why a team could be interested in him as a "project". he is not yet a finished NBA pro product by any means, but is big, strong and physical for a 19 year old kid.  he can use either hand, etc.  his weight looks like it could be a a problem but probably a solvable one especially when he learns that his potential career could be tied to his weight. if the celtics can hide him in the D-league for a year he is worth keeping around for at least a year.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

I agree..I have not seen the guy play but if he was picked up it is because Ainge/Rivers surely saw potential.  This organization has the tools to make this guy drop a few pounds and make this work. I am excited about the pick even if I have not seen him play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Hey mem17 ... We already had this discussion weeks ago. Are you senile or just a bumkisser?

Re: Training Camp Opens - What to Expect

posted at 9/29/2010 3:03 PM EDT

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 10/19/2010
    In Response to Re: Training Camp Opens - What to Expect:
    A total of 3 players can be sent down to the D. league for each NBA team. It's an increase of 1 from last season.
    Posted by mem17

I don't think that's the intention here ... Pro players have contracts with the NBA team and can still send 2 players back and forth. This rule allows the last three cuts to sign NBDL contracts with the pro teams affiliate. Thus you can retain three players of interest to be developed there while maintaining your right to send two players down as needed.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/25/allocation-rule-change-strengthens-nba-d-league-affiliate-bond/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I like it .... The C's answer to Caracter!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon : Hey mem17 ... We already had this discussion weeks ago. Are you senile or just a bumkisser? 
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Using harsh words like senile or bumkisser is really not necessary. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon : Using harsh words like senile or bumkisser is really not necessary. 
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Senile isn't harsh and bumkisser was toned down, don't ya think?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Signing Gallon for Maine is a smart move. 

He's one of the more NBA ready C/PF's to come out of this years draft.  With Perk iffy upon his return, Shaq and J O'Neal getting more brittle and Erden still really rough this is a good guy to have in reserve.  Gallon can rebound and defend, positions himself very well and can handle the ball remarkably well.

He not only has potential as a center for the team but is good insurance along with Harangody in case the team decides to deal Davis for value (like for a strong defender at SF off the bench) this season rather than risk letting him walk later.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Signing Gallon for Maine is a smart move.  He's one of the more NBA ready C/PF's to come out of this years draft.  With Perk iffy upon his return, Shaq and J O'Neal getting more brittle and Erden still really rough this is a good guy to have in reserve.  Gallon can rebound and defend, positions himself very well and can handle the ball remarkably well. He not only has potential as a center for the team but is good insurance along with Harangody in case the team decides to deal Davis for value (like for a strong defender at SF off the bench) this season rather than risk letting him walk later.
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

Luke Harangody and Tiny Gallon to backup KG in the playoffs? I don't think the Celtics will do that. And why sacrifice the backup PF for a backup SF when Marquis Daniels is playing well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon : Hey mem17 ... We already had this discussion weeks ago. Are you senile or just a bumkisser? Re: Training Camp Opens - What to Expect posted at 9/29/2010 3:03 PM EDT   www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb " /> Mployee8 Posts: 1213 First: 7/8/2008 Last: 10/19/2010 In Response to Re: Training Camp Opens - What to Expect : A total of 3 players can be sent down to the D. league for each NBA team. It's an increase of 1 from last season. Posted by mem17 I don't think that's the intention here ... Pro players have contracts with the NBA team and can still send 2 players back and forth. This rule allows the last three cuts to sign NBDL contracts with the pro teams affiliate. Thus you can retain three players of interest to be developed there while maintaining your right to send two players down as needed. http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/25/allocation-rule-change-strengthens-nba-d-league-affiliate-bond/
    Once I read the article I remembered. Just take it easy Mployee8. You can't pick an argument with me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon : Once I read the article I remembered. Just take it easy Mployee8. You can't pick an argument with me.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Why not?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon : Why not?

You really are one sick puppy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon : Luke Harangody and Tiny Gallon to backup KG in the playoffs? I don't think the Celtics will do that. And why sacrifice the backup PF for a backup SF when Marquis Daniels is playing well.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Not my idea P34, just a fact of NBA business.

Not even an original idea on my part and not a prediction.  I'm simply speculating that if we get to the trading deadline and Davis has given no indication of signing, anything could happen.  There's a lot of time between now and then and a ton of variables.

It's a possibility, that's all.  Just something that could need to happen.

I've always thought this is why they took Harangody to begin with; Davis insurance.  Depending on several factors in such a scenario you could also have Jermaine O'Neal, Harangody and perhaps Gallon behind KG come playoff time.  Combine that with a stronger 3 behind Pierce and not getting a goose-egg if Davis walks and things could be worse...

...one of a buzzillion possibilities and I've got no crystal ball.

Regards