Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry

For this team every player needs to bring good and strong hustling defense.
    When every player on this team has that, we will have great team chemistry.

K.G.- +'s - 18 footer, rebounding, passing, defense, hustle,communicator,clutch player
            -'s - low post scoring, scoring mentality, power

Pierce- +'s - 18 footer,3-pointer,slashing, rebounding, passing, defense, hustle,communicator, extremely clutch player, scoring mentality
             - -'s - low post scoring

Ray Allen- +'s- 3-pointer, pull-up jumper, slashing, extremely clutch player, defense, hustle,communicator, free throws, scoring mentality
                   -'s - passing, turnover prone, low post scoring

Rondo- +'s- slashing, extremely clutch playmaker, defense, hustle,communicator, top-notch dribble penetrator,passing, passing mentality, rebounding
                   -'s - scoring mentality, low post scoring, free throws, 3-pointer

J.O. - +'s-10-15 footer, defense, hustle
             -'s - rebounding, 18 footer, passing, turnover prone, low post scoring

So when you look at the bench you want players that bring that good strong defense that also excel at some of your starters weaknesses or at least bring most of the same +'s.

House - excelled at our starting PG's weakness- shooting
    Posey - brought Pierce's 3 point shooting, rebounding and defense to the table.
    Powe - excelled at K.G.'s weakness - low post scoring
    Perk- brought power and physicality that noone but Shaq brings on this team.

Nick Young - would be able to bring Pierce's scoring and defense to the table.
    DeAndre Jordan- would be able to bring Perk's power and physicality
    We still need an outstanding shooter off the bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry

kg-can't play against any top pf anymore. All chest thump and little action.

wheelchair- goes missing when opponents get physical with him and starts whining like a baby. A wannabe, never a franchise player to base a championship team on.

smirk- can shoot the lights out 1 game in 6, otherwise just dross.

brick- dare him to shoot and he goes missing like an interns dress at a clinton function.

jo- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The rest- HAHAHAHA. Leastern conference semi finalists....c+.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

DaCeltics - one can always improve the team with some player here or some player there.  But, teams don't give up DeAndre jordan without getting something back.  Same for Batttier or Nick Young or any other folks suggested on this Board.  So, I think we should enjoy the team we have and be thankful for having such a great squad.   We can worry about changing it after they win banner 18!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry:

[QUOTE]For this team every player needs to bring good and strong hustling defense. When every player on this team has that, we will have great team chemistry. K.G.- +'s - 18 footer, rebounding, passing, defense, hustle,communicator,clutch player         -'s - low post scoring, scoring mentality, power Pierce- +'s - 18 footer,3-pointer,slashing, rebounding, passing, defense, hustle,communicator, extremely clutch player, scoring mentality          - -'s - low post scoring Ray Allen- +'s- 3-pointer, pull-up jumper, slashing, extremely clutch player, defense, hustle,communicator, free throws, scoring mentality                -'s - passing, turnover prone, low post scoring Rondo- +'s- slashing, extremely clutch playmaker, defense, hustle,communicator, top-notch dribble penetrator,passing, passing mentality, rebounding                -'s - scoring mentality, low post scoring, free throws, 3-pointer J.O. - +'s-10-15 footer, defense, hustle          -'s - rebounding, 18 footer, passing, turnover prone, low post scoring So when you look at the bench you want players that bring that good strong defense that also excel at some of your starters weaknesses or at least bring most of the same +'s. House - excelled at our starting PG's weakness- shooting Posey - brought Pierce's 3 point shooting, rebounding and defense to the table. Powe - excelled at K.G.'s weakness - low post scoring Perk- brought power and physicality that noone but Shaq brings on this team. Nick Young - would be able to bring Pierce's scoring and defense to the table. DeAndre Jordan- would be able to bring Perk's power and physicality We still need an outstanding shooter off the bench.

Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

-

Dat's why U Da Coach!

But this:  "We still need an outstanding shooter off the bench."

Ain't that supposed to be Jeff Green?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry : - Dat's why U Da Coach! But this:  "We still need an outstanding shooter off the bench." Ain't that supposed to be Jeff Green?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Jeff to me is best desrcibed as a solid player that can score. I don't ever see him scoring 35-45 EVER! Unlike Pierce,Ray,Rondo or Nick Young.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry : [QUOTE]In Response to Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry : - Dat's why U Da Coach! But this:  "We still need an outstanding shooter off the bench." Ain't that supposed to be Jeff Green? Posted by RajonRondowski Jeff to me is best desrcibed as a solid player that can score. I don't ever see him scoring 35-45 EVER! Unlike Pierce,Ray,Rondo or Nick Young.

Jeff Green scored 37 @ New Jersey 12/01/10

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry : Jeff Green scored 37 @ New Jersey 12/01/10
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Well he's good for it once in a blue moon. He's still not a scorer to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry : Well he's good for it once in a blue moon. He's still not a scorer to me.

-

Nor to me.

Hard to believe he was a number 5 pick overall.

Danny don't give up easy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

You would think weare gearing up for the lottery with  bringing other players versus enjoying this soon to be sweep as the CELTICS ride the knicks tsunami down to south beach and bring new england weather and cool off the heat.

all those other players are gone and aint coming back....let it go!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know how Jeff Green isnt characterized as a scorer.. He scored with OKC with Durrant & Westbrook on the floor gobbling up most of the shots..

He scored when he came to the C's... in limited minutes... only in the last part of the season has he struggled some... maybe cause hes had to devote attention to learn defense...

He can score from anywhere on the court.. good post player, midrange - 3 range, good on the break... what exactly is his weakness scoring wise??

TO me, he's a Mini-Melo.... offensive talent wise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I agree with DaCeltics that he CAN score, but he'll never be an elite scorer like Carmelo.....or clutch like Pierce, Kobe, Ray, Lebron, Wade, Westbrook, Durant, or others.  That's primarily because while he has great great skills, he lacks the desire and fire of those guys.  Jeff is and always has been passive - from college to OKC to Boston.  A career 13.9 point per game guy over 3 years (less than 1 half season with us) has shown that he's not a great scorer - but he is capable of having great games.   Let's embrace him for what he is......but let's not oversell him as a mini-Carmelo or a Pierce replacement.   That's more than Jeff will ever do.

He'll be  solid player for us who will always tease us with potential and have some GREAT games, but never do it consistently......just like in OKC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with DaCeltics that he CAN score, but he'll never be an elite scorer like Carmelo.....or clutch like Pierce, Kobe, Ray, Lebron, Wade, Westbrook, Durant, or others.  That's primarily because while he has great great skills, he lacks the desire and fire of those guys.  Jeff is and always has been passive - from college to OKC to Boston.  A career 13.9 point per game guy over 3 years (less than 1 half season with us) has shown that he's not a great scorer - but he is capable of having great games.   Let's embrace him for what he is......but let's not oversell him as a mini-Carmelo or a Pierce replacement.   That's more than Jeff will ever do. He'll be  solid player for us who will always tease us with potential and have some GREAT games, but never do it consistently......just like in OKC.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Separated at birth.... Jeff Green and Sam Perkins

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Green will never be aggressive enough to be a scorer in the NBA.  His passiveness has been made worse by the star power we have here.  What will happen if he stays we just don't know.  He is not Pierce we know that now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]kg-can't play against any top pf anymore. All chest thump and little action. wheelchair- goes missing when opponents get physical with him and starts whining like a baby. A wannabe, never a franchise player to base a championship team on. smirk- can shoot the lights out 1 game in 6, otherwise just dross. brick- dare him to shoot and he goes missing like an interns dress at a clinton function. jo- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The rest- HAHAHAHA. Leastern conference semi finalists....c+.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Bynum - Gimpy Knee
    Gasol - Can't stay on his feet, playiong with lack of confidence right now(And KG will defend him evry well, don't be stupid stupid)
    Artest - Has lost most of his offense, but still great defender
    Kobe - Still a great closer, but can't put team on his back the whole game.
    Fisher - Good shooter, but cannot guard PG's anymore.
    Bench - Besides LO, nothing.

So pretty evenly matched. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Green will never be aggressive enough to be a scorer in the NBA.  His passiveness has been made worse by the star power we have here.  What will happen if he stays we just don't know.  He is not Pierce we know that now.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I believe that Green will improve when he is a starter.  It will be interesting to see what type of impact he will have even next year.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics strengths and weaknesses: A portrait of team chemistry : I believe that Green will improve when he is a starter.  It will be interesting to see what type of impact he will have even next year.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Green will improve as a starter. However, he won't be doing that any time soon in Boston. He should definitely benefit from having a full training camp. He is still in the potential stage of his career. He needs to either bulk up and become a power forward or the Celtics need to run more for his true talents to be tapped.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Where's Laker nation at?

2-2... sweating, yet?

Bynum - Gimpy Knee
    Gasol - Can't stay on his feet, playiong with lack of confidence right now(And KG will defend him evry well, don't be stupid stupid)
    Artest - Has lost most of his offense, but still great defender
    Kobe - Still a great closer, but can't put team on his back the whole game.
    Fisher - Good shooter, but cannot guard PG's anymore.
    Bench - Besides LO, nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He started one game with us and had 20 and 15 on a bad shooting night.  If there is a next year and this guys can start...He is gonna make a lot of people eat their words, but where do you start him....He can get comfortable on the bench until his times comes.....which brings up a good question

Do any of the big 3 look like they will ever defer to coming off the bench?

I know Im curious...i mean they may have a couple of good years left, but If they start to fade, do they accept a lesser role or just retire...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]He started one game with us and had 20 and 15 on a bad shooting night.  If there is a next year and this guys can start...He is gonna make a lot of people eat their words, but where do you start him....He can get comfortable on the bench until his times comes.....which brings up a good question Do any of the big 3 look like they will ever defer to coming off the bench? I know Im curious...i mean they may have a couple of good years left, but If they start to fade, do they accept a lesser role or just retire...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Ray actually said he would do that going into this year, but who knows how he feels right now.  I mean Ray of the bench would still log 30 minutes a game I'm sure.  Give Green some of PP's minutes as well... I dunno.  I honestly feel good about this year and next year.  I am not completely sold that this is the C's last year. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]He started one game with us and had 20 and 15 on a bad shooting night.  If there is a next year and this guys can start...He is gonna make a lot of people eat their words, but where do you start him....He can get comfortable on the bench until his times comes.....which brings up a good question Do any of the big 3 look like they will ever defer to coming off the bench? I know Im curious...i mean they may have a couple of good years left, but If they start to fade, do they accept a lesser role or just retire...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Jay, as for the Big 3 stepping back, I can't see if for KG - too intense.  I also don't see it for Paul.  But, for Ray, I can see it. He's the consummate professional and if that's the way he gets to contribute, he would do it in my opinion (as long as he's in the game at the end most of the time).

As for Green, remember when he had those great stats, he was playing the Wizards who were missing Nick Young, Rashard Lewis, their Center was on the bench most of the game, and they had 2 d-leaguers.  I'm not saying he can't score, but I am saying that I wouldn't read a lot into that game.  I would actually look to his OKC stats as a good reference (15 points per game).  I sure hope he learns from Captain Pierce about being aggressive in the next couple of years.