Celtics Target 50 Wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Celtics Target 50 Wins

If we hadn't witnessed the 2010 season first hand, we would all be pooping bricks right now. Uninspired ball, coupled with new players and losses, doesnt exactly inspire confidence. The green °beasts of the east° are on another late season pathetic roll! At this rate they'll barely surpass last season's MODEST victory total.  One year ago the collapse began in January, not March, so I suppose we should be thankful for that.  Still, it sure is maddening to watch such a loaded team lose 3 out of 4 and top it off with a loss to cellar-dweller NJ.  
    Race for 1st place? Sure doesn't seem to be a priority at the moment. Don't get me wrong, we all agree, the true priority is health.  But if we are easing of the accelerator to protect our players, why play the starters at all? The loss column expansion would be much easier to digest if our starters we're logging 15 minutes a game in a clear effort to preseve them for the playoffs, regular season record/play-off positioning be damned.  

The schedule is intense from here on out:  17 games in less than a month. 4 back to backs. And the celtics have already checked out.  Does anyone expect anything better than a 500 record from the all-star brake to the end of the season? Can these guys focus-regroup for another double digit win streak? Does it matter if they don't? Don't the celtics need to prove to themselves that the °new roster° can dominate? Or do our early season conquests avec sir Shaq already prove our prowess?

Go Green!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Celtics Target 50 Wins

In Response to Celtics Target 50 Wins:
    [QUOTE]If we hadn't witnessed the 2010 season first hand, we would all be pooping bricks right now. Uninspired ball, coupled with new players and losses, doesnt exactly inspire confidence. The green °beasts of the east° are on another late season pathetic roll! At this rate they'll barely surpass last season's MODEST victory total.  One year ago the collapse began in January, not March, so I suppose we should be thankful for that.  Still, it sure is maddening to watch such a loaded team lose 3 out of 4 and top it off with a loss to cellar-dweller NJ.   Race for 1st place? Sure doesn't seem to be a priority at the moment. Don't get me wrong, we all agree, the true priority is health.  But if we are easing of the accelerator to protect our players, why play the starters at all? The loss column expansion would be much easier to digest if our starters we're logging 15 minutes a game in a clear effort to preseve them for the playoffs, regular season record/play-off positioning be damned.   The schedule is intense from here on out:  17 games in less than a month. 4 back to backs. And the celtics have already checked out.  Does anyone expect anything better than a 500 record from the all-star brake to the end of the season? Can these guys focus-regroup for another double digit win streak? Does it matter if they don't? Don't the celtics need to prove to themselves that the °new roster° can dominate? Or do our early season conquests avec sir Shaq already prove our prowess? Go Green!
    Posted by Chief16OZ[/QUOTE]

50 wins was good enough last year, why not this year?  I agree.  The main problem right now is Bynum is playing like everyone thought he may be able to.