Celtics try out Offensive Tackle-Matt O'Donnell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Celtics try out Offensive Tackle-Matt O'Donnell

I am aware that the Celtics gave Canadian Football's Matt O'Donnell (6'11" 330 lbs) a pre-draft workout but I haven't been able to find out how he did. Does anybody have any information about how he did?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Celtics try out Offensive Tackle-Matt O'Donnell

There's not much info in cyberspace with the bigger story being Shaq's retirement but I did find this quote by Danny Ainge from an A. Sherrod Blakely article,

"He was definitely the surprise of the workout. He's big. Really big."
    http://www.necn.com/06/01/11/Celtics-work-out-a-6-foot-11-football-pl/landing_sports.html?blockID=531274&feedID=3352

My guess is he wants to play football in the NFL. He skipped rookie camp with a CFL team to workout for the Celtics. http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2011/6/2/2203600/2011-nba-draft-celtics-workout-matt-odonnell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

glad someone else posted this. i started this thread a week ago and it got ZERO traction. but yep, it seems like a danny move. y not? if they like shaq for his size and signed perky, y not an aggressive and mean lineman as a center. talk about intimidating. he will hit someone. so what if he gets a few flagrants in the beginning. to me i would rather start wih a mean nasty guy with some talent and upside than a bigger talent guy with a flimsy heart and non-aggression (thats you semih erden!)... they should sign him and send him to the d-league!

if perky could make the transition, y not this guy? perk could be a great nose tackle. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Apparently the guy hasn't played since High School in Canada? Is this guy destined for Maine or does DA really think he may stop people from driving the lane on the C's ala Loscutoff & Branum back in Red's day.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Anybody find any film on him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The guy looks big and tough, but not quick or fast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

This sounds like an offseason joke to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics try out Offensive Tackle-Matt O'Donnell:
    [QUOTE]The guy looks big and tough, but not quick or fast.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]sounds like a white perk to me!