Celtics versus Hawks -- game on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Celtics versus Hawks -- game on

I'm clueless Petey.  I have no idea what's up with this team.  Close losses against the Raptors and Durantless Thunder and now up by 20+ against the Hawks at halftime?!!  Right now you can call me dumb and happyTongue out
    I'd love to see a strong 3rd quarter.
    Wish I was watching this one on the tube instead of listening to it on the internet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Celtics 26 rebounds, Hawks 10 rebounds, that's the whole story right there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Shaq's got a doubledouble early in the 3rd

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We haven't taken our foot off the gas.  No relaxing tonight.  If we relax, it will be deep in the 4th quarter.  We have continued to be aggressive.  We're moving the ball around and making good shots.

AND, Atlanta looks horrible tonight, plain and simple.  They are making it very easy for us.  They are playing matador defense and they cannot hit the side of a barn with their shots.

Is this great Celtics play or a mediocre night for the Hawks?  I think it's a combination of both but I'll take it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bradley's in.  Can Harangody be far behind?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celts blow a 33 pt lead, win by 23.. Doc should make the team run suicides right after the game for the letdown.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Robinson played one of his better games tonight (16 pts / 10 assists).  Against Toronto he was basically looking for his own shot, but tonight he really distributed the ball well and got the offense running smoothly.  He gives the team much more depth at the point.  Now, all we need are some back-up wing players who can play consistently (Daniels and Wafer are not the answer).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'm going to take a sharp left turn on this thread (it's my thread).  I honestly don't want to see any more posts blaming losses on being the 2nd game of a back-to-back.  This is the sharpest we've looked at ANY TIME this season.  This has been our best game overall (from start to finish) and it just so happened to be the 2nd game of a back-to-back.

Other than Shaq, every starter played 35 or more minutes last night.  I think tonight, the Celtics decided they were going to make an honest effort to come out and play and get a win.  We did not look tired at the beginning tonight.

So let's stop making excuses when we lose on the 2nd game of the back-to-back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

It's going to be a trick or treat regular season again.
    Just like last year. We better get used to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im still a little worried about the production from the bench these last few games.  Big Baby seems to have regressed and Erdan has now missed a lot of free throws and picking up a lot of fouls.  If we can get these two back on track that would solve a lot of our issues.  Im not worried about Nate or Delonte.  And anything from Daniels is a bonus.

Good win from start to finish!!!!!  This is what we fans expect to see on a night in night out basis.  Come in lay down the law and sit from midway through the 3rd quarter.  thats all we are asking for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Most impressive win of the season. They were focused and playing in Atlanta is no longer a mental block.

I'm sure it's hard playing against mediocre teams but hopefully somebody will always pick up the group when they get bored with the process.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I give Delonte the hustle play of the season thus far. He tipped his own miss from about an 18 foot jump shot. How often do you see that? Unfortunately the broadcast I watched was with the Hawks broadcasters. I wish I could of heard Tommy on that play.