Celtics vs. 76ers???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Celtics vs. 76ers???

I said this was the matchup the Celtics should want and they got it. I like how it looks so far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Celtics vs. 76ers???

As long as Andrew Toney doesn't show up, I like our chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Heads up.
    This is my concern.
    Sixers seem to be in good health.  Just as much as the Bulls injuries, that's why they won Round 1.
    PP, RA, Bradley, Steamer are all playing hurt.
    Showing up in their stats and on the scoreboard.
    This is going to be another tuff series.
    If we're healthy, yeah, I love our chances.
    As things stand now, I think it's  a coin toss.
    Link:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/injuries/_/conference/eastern

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

so dissapointed that we only get one day off. i hate the playoff schedule system. they should wait till all 1st round games are played before starting the 2nd round. its dumb to have a round 2 game 1 and round 1 game 7 on the same night. as my good friend Fierce would say, "UGH!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Celtics vs. 76ers???:
    [QUOTE]Heads up. This is my concern. Sixers seem to be in good health.  Just as much as the Bulls injuries, that's why they won Round 1. PP, RA, Bradley, Steamer are all playing hurt. Showing up in their stats and on the scoreboard. This is going to be another tuff series. If we're healthy, yeah, I love our chances. As things stand now, I think it's  a coin toss. Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/injuries/_/conference/eastern
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Bradleys health worries me more than anyone.  He was looking like a borderline all star and in the Atlanta series he was pretty much invisible.  Pierce will figure out a way to get it done.  

They still should be able to get by Philly just because of their experience and savvy, but if they don't get healthy they will get destroyed in the ECF.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

I do agree the health concerns are key since we will be facing the Sixers and their first playoffs high. Then again it show we can match then pretty well if we can impose our game speed and not theirs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Let's hope we get them in 5 and that Miami needs 7 against Indy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. 76ers??? : Bradleys health worries me more than anyone.  He was looking like a borderline all star and in the Atlanta series he was pretty much invisible.  Pierce will figure out a way to get it done.   They still should be able to get by Philly just because of their experience and savvy, but if they don't get healthy they will get destroyed in the ECF.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Agree

Although maybe this is the reverse of the '02 series where the sixers had ben to the finals the year before but looked old (other than AI) and we were the young healthy team on a roll... now we'r old and hurt other than Rondo and the Sixers are young, athletic and healthy across the board

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Personaly I am not crazy about the match-up but then again it is the post season and the C's at this stage aren't head shoulders above anybody in the tournament.

The 76ers are really fast and that means the C's have to be very effcient on the offensive end the floor, which may be a bit of a challenge with PP, Ray and Bradley all playing through performance altering injuries.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. 76ers??? : Bradleys health worries me more than anyone.  He was looking like a borderline all star and in the Atlanta series he was pretty much invisible.  Pierce will figure out a way to get it done.   They still should be able to get by Philly just because of their experience and savvy, but if they don't get healthy they will get destroyed in the ECF.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I agree on Bradley.  He was not much of a factor at all vs. ATL.  Didn't seem like he could hit a shot, where as late in the season it seemed like he had found his shot.  Hopefully, he turns that around.

There is no reason the Celts should let this go more than 5 games.  I was unimpressed with the C's inability to close ATL out in game 5 and the fact that game 6 was so close.  The C's need to be able to dominate an inferior opponent like Philly if they realistically think they can give MIA a series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

[QUOTE]so dissapointed that we only get one day off. i hate the playoff schedule system. they should wait till all 1st round games are played before starting the 2nd round. its dumb to have a round 2 game 1 and round 1 game 7 on the same night. as my good friend Fierce would say, "UGH!"
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what a trip. indy and miami finished the first round before us and they play on sunday...doesnt make sense...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. 76ers??? : Yeah, what a trip. indy and miami finished the first round before us and they play on sunday...doesnt make sense...
    Posted by cfaninla[/QUOTE]Not a huge shock. TV drives the schedule and nationally the Heat are draw right now because the whole country is either on their bandwagon or want to watch hoping they will see LeBron and company crash and burn.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]My biggest concern is the bizarre coaching of Doc Rivers. Hollins and Daniels??? Really Doc? Really???
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Are you advocating playing Daniels more? He played less than a minute in games 5 and 6 combined.

I think Stiemsma should play over Hollins, but the C's bench is "pick your poison". Can't fault Doc for that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]so dissapointed that we only get one day off. i hate the playoff schedule system. they should wait till all 1st round games are played before starting the 2nd round. its dumb to have a round 2 game 1 and round 1 game 7 on the same night. as my good friend Fierce would say, "UGH!"
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

If the C's had taken care of business in Game 5 this wouldn't be an issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Sixers are very similar to Boston:

Both teams suck on offense and both play great team D.

I'm looking forward to seeing Spencer Hawes play. You can't truly appreciate a player unless you root against him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I was thinking the same thing kirk.  Why the he ll was Daniels guarding Horford in the final seconds.  I don't mind Hollins in there because they have no one else.  Steimsma is hurt too.  I wonder if we might see Williams added to the roster for this round if Stiemsma can't play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Let's hope we get them in 5 and that Miami needs 7 against Indy.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]
    Hoping, sure. I can't see it, though. Going to be another tough one, 6 or 7.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking the same thing kirk.  Why the he ll was Daniels guarding Horford in the final seconds.  I don't mind Hollins in there because they have no one else.  Steimsma is hurt too.  I wonder if we might see Williams added to the roster for this round if Stiemsma can't play.
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]
    What little I have seen of him I would prefer Williams over Hollins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]As long as Andrew Toney doesn't show up, I like our chances.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

WOW...there's nostalgia and it can be good & bad & I have a lot of great nostalgic
    memories of Celtic victories over the years---this was a bad one. I liked your comment about Andrew Toney and some of the newer Celtic fans might not remember this Eastern Conference series in 1982. I recall that we felt our rivalry with Philly was more intense and going on to play the Western champs was sort of like anti-climatic...remember they had Chamberlain years before and Dr. Julius Erving to name a couple.

The Sixers emerged victorious in one of the most memorable games in franchise history behind 34 points by Andrew Toney, who earned the nickname, "Boston Strangler." Toney averaged 26.5 points in the series. Game 7 was in the Garden but acknowledging defeat to their archrivals, the Boston Garden crowd sends the Sixers into the Finals with an encouraging chant of "Beat L.A.!"  Unfortunately, the Lakers had Magic Johnson who was MVP and they won 4-2. I'll root for any team that plays the Lakers !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. 76ers??? : Not a huge shock. TV drives the schedule and nationally the Heat are draw right now because the whole country is either on their bandwagon or want to watch hoping they will see LeBron and company crash and burn.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

You are right about Miami, but I believe that most NBA fans want to see them lose.  My brother lives in Florida and even their unless you are originally from Florida many NBA fans don't want to see Miami win. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Miami is Rileys play........at Lebrons expense.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celtics vs. 76ers??? : WOW...there's nostalgia and it can be good & bad & I have a lot of great nostalgic memories of Celtic victories over the years---this was a bad one. I liked your comment about Andrew Toney and some of the newer Celtic fans might not remember this Eastern Conference series in 1982. I recall that we felt our rivalry with Philly was more intense and going on to play the Western champs was sort of like anti-climatic...remember they had Chamberlain years before and Dr. Julius Erving to name a couple. The Sixers emerged victorious in one of the most memorable games in franchise history behind 34 points by Andrew Toney, who earned the nickname, "Boston Strangler." Toney averaged 26.5 points in the series. Game 7 was in the Garden but acknowledging defeat to their archrivals, the Boston Garden crowd sends the Sixers into the Finals with an encouraging chant of "Beat L.A. !"  Unfortunately, the Lakers had Magic Johnson who was MVP and they won 4-2. I'll root for any team that plays the Lakers !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Yep! That was actually a pretty cool Sixers team ... Toney, Cheeks (one of the most underrated PGs of all time), Doc, Malone, Jones off the bench. I rooted like crazy for them in the Finals. Philly got them a year later ... in a sweep, if memory serves.