Celtics vs Blazers 02/24/13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Celtics vs Blazers 02/24/13

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Until Green is the go to guy this team will lose games like this for the rest of the season. A guy comes of a game like that you find ways for him to get the  ball. You get him started, the only thing this team know how to do is get Pierce started.  

It is a good loss if Doc realized he has to make Green more of a centerpiece.

Concord,  Pierce doesn't need to have doc get him started,  he just has a scorers mentality and he gets himself started.  Green isn't light that.  He passed up numerous shots and chances to make something happen last night.  Its up to Green. He has a lot of talent,  but then so does a lot of others.

Your point is well taken. Green needs to be almost told to take the ball to the basket in crunch time.  He can get to foul line when others are going cold or flat at the end of the game when it is stuck in a half court game. Pierce would get open if Green took the ball to the basket.  It is a theory and can only be proven if it is tried.  We look like a .500 team and that is the real story.

This team is a 500 team.  I watch the Celtics year in and year out and I have for 35 years. That doesn't mean I don't have the basketball knowledge to tell whether the team is a real contender or not.

they had a nice run while they were home, now they are tanking on the road.

As for Green this is who he is.  A guy who will average 14 points and 5 boards and will play passive most of the time.

He's been around a while. Nothing is going to change in his game long term.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Until Green is the go to guy this team will lose games like this for the rest of the season. A guy comes of a game like that you find ways for him to get the  ball. You get him started, the only thing this team know how to do is get Pierce started.  

It is a good loss if Doc realized he has to make Green more of a centerpiece.

Concord,  Pierce doesn't need to have doc get him started,  he just has a scorers mentality and he gets himself started.  Green isn't light that.  He passed up numerous shots and chances to make something happen last night.  Its up to Green. He has a lot of talent,  but then so does a lot of others.

Your point is well taken. Green needs to be almost told to take the ball to the basket in crunch time.  He can get to foul line when others are going cold or flat at the end of the game when it is stuck in a half court game. Pierce would get open if Green took the ball to the basket.  It is a theory and can only be proven if it is tried.  We look like a .500 team and that is the real story.

This team is a 500 team.  I watch the Celtics year in and year out and I have for 35 years. That doesn't mean I don't have the basketball knowledge to tell whether the team is a real contender or not.

they had a nice run while they were home, now they are tanking on the road.

As for Green this is who he is.  A guy who will average 14 points and 5 boards and will play passive most of the time.

He's been around a while. Nothing is going to change in his game long term.

I don't know if Green can or can't. He has been a player that has had to defer his game and never seems to say I am going to win this game.  All I am saying is after Phoenix on the road let him go to the basket at the end of a close game.  He will open up things for a bottled up Pierce and Garnett.  I am not sure it is going to happen as the culture on the team is so ingrained any new guy even a passive one like Green will disappear. This is Doc's problem.

Going forward Green will probably never be the man after Pierce leaves.  My point is with Pierce around Green can open it up if he becomes the focal at the end of games. Green is also a  pretty good foul shooter.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I don't know if Green can or can't. He has been a player that has had to defer his game and never seems to say I am going to win this game.  All I am saying is after Phoenix on the road let him go to the basket at the end of a close game.  He will open up things for a bottled up Pierce and Garnett.  I am not sure it is going to happen as the culture on the team is so ingrained any new guy even a passive one like Green will disappear. This is Doc's problem.

Going forward Green will probably never be the man after Pierce leaves.  My point is with Pierce around Green can open it up if he becomes the focal at the end of games. Green is also a  pretty good foul shooter.

If Green is not going to be as good as Pierce then he can't be counted upon to be the next Celtic star player.

Remember, Pierce is only considered 2nd tier NBA superstar. He's not on the same level with the likes of Durant and Lebron. 

I was saying Green could be a go to guy with Pierce now in games.  He can get to the line.  Pierce needs space on the floor and Green can provide it.  Green has the talent but will need a transplant of his head and heart to be a Lebron or Durant.  I have no idea what will happen when Pierce leaves. By the way we are a .500 team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I was saying Green could be a go to guy with Pierce now in games.  He can get to the line.  Pierce needs space on the floor and Green can provide it.  Green has the talent but will need a transplant of his head and heart to be a Lebron or Durant.  I have no idea what will happen when Pierce leaves. By the way we are a .500 team.

True, we are a .500 team. And it's going to get worse as the schedule in March is the toughest this season.

Right.

All the 7 and 0 without rondo guys seem to have gone away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

True, we are a .500 team. And it's going to get worse as the schedule in March is the toughest this season.

Right.

Maybe a slightly under .500 team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bingo!

By the way we were not that good with Rondo.  Rondo won't fix it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Bingo!

By the way we were not that good with Rondo.  Rondo won't fix it.

I dont think Rondo would fix it.  I just found it laughable that people thought not having Rondo fixed it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Well, the love for Terry was gone away just as fast. Lastet just one month (when Terry was hot and Ray was cold).

[QUOTE]

Celts only had 2 made 3-pointers tonight. Unacceptable!

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What this team misses is one knock down 3 pt shooter. We should have got JJ Reddick.

Two guys shot over 50% from the field , Bass and Pierce. A jump shooting team needs to shoot better than that.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What's worse is the Celts only made 2 3-pointers the whole game. Very un-Celtic like.

[/QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some please explain Jason Terry to me.

I just don't get it.

He can't defend.

[/QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure we should have got Redick, when you're a jump shooting team, it helps to have someone who can hit a jump shot. Ainge failed again, whats new!!

[/QUOTE]

But the love of Terry lastet longer than Jeff Greens All Star ambitions^^

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Funny, Steve Buckley implied tonight (on CSN Sports Tonight) that Green could be coming out of his shell now that he's not playing alongside Rondo. He thinks Green was intimidated by Rondo and that's reason enough to trade Rondo in the off season so Green can remain aggressive and make the jump to the next level.