Re: Celtics vs Bobcats
posted at 2/7/2011 10:55 PM EST
Now we're communicating, Petey. We are not completely in disagreement.
1. I, too, worry that the faith in the view that Nate will be fine when West returns could well be a misplaced faith. He does NOT look good.
2. I don't see much value in Luke. But, that's what you get with a second round pick. We can't get much for him (or Bradley for that matter).
3. However, as for going inside, I think that IS a part of being tired. I'm a ball player and I can tell you, when you are tired, the thing you do it take jumpers. You don't drive. You don't fight hard underneath. You take the easy way out - jumpers. And when you do drive, you're slower and don't jump over anyone (and that's why Pierce didn't finish on most drives).
4. I do think the lack of having the full team available does really affect us. Remember Perk has NEVER been effective inside. Shaq when he's playing well is more effective and Semih is actually our most athletic bug man underneath (yes, I said it). So, without JON, Shaq, and Semih - we don't have much inside scoring. BBD does it sometimes but I think he, too, didn't have the life in him tonight.
5. I can buy that the young players weren't "tired". That comment is limited to the starters, particularly Ray and KG. However, even Rondo looked like yesterday's game took a lot out of him as he was mentally and physically slow.
Frustrating loss, for sure.